Drugs, ads and your bills

Drugs, ads and your bills

There are 7 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Apr 24, 2008, titled Drugs, ads and your bills. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

I was amazed to find two full-page ads for Vytorin in the Beacon Journal recently.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Julie

New York, NY

#1 Apr 24, 2008
mr. schrader: i do believe you are the one who needs to confront the truth, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you. that truth is that racism does exist and its in much broader forms than a box of pancake mix. its not just about race.its obvious that you have never been discriminated against or you would not be so quick to reduce it to "political correctness, drama, and hysteria". Open your eyes, sir.
cranky

Lowellville, OH

#2 Apr 24, 2008
Julie wrote:
mr. schrader: i do believe you are the one who needs to confront the truth, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you. that truth is that racism does exist and its in much broader forms than a box of pancake mix. its not just about race.its obvious that you have never been discriminated against or you would not be so quick to reduce it to "political correctness, drama, and hysteria". Open your eyes, sir.
I whole heartedly agree with Mr. Schrader. It is about drama and hysteria. If facts back up your comment than so be it. Reality is that the truth hurts and the only way to take away from it is to claim racism. Prime example is the comment by Geraldine Ferraro. She pointed out that Obama is african american and people vote for him in part because of his race. What about this comment is racist? It is no different than pointing out that Hillary is a woman and woman tend to vote for her. Our eyes are open, what needs to take over is people getting their common sense back and stop being such flippin babies about everything.
Teaching Tolerance

Wooster, OH

#3 Apr 24, 2008
Congratulations to both Mr. Schrader and the self proclaimed "cranky". By clearly exhibiting that you completely misconstrued the point of Mrs. Layton's original letter,not to mention spoke without actually referencing anything real that she said, you have in effect proven her point for her. Bravo gentlemen. Good to know that regardless of your ignornace and quickness to judge, you still feel confident making the world aware of it.
cranky

Ashtabula, OH

#4 Apr 24, 2008
Teaching Tolerance wrote:
Congratulations to both Mr. Schrader and the self proclaimed "cranky". By clearly exhibiting that you completely misconstrued the point of Mrs. Layton's original letter,not to mention spoke without actually referencing anything real that she said, you have in effect proven her point for her. Bravo gentlemen. Good to know that regardless of your ignornace and quickness to judge, you still feel confident making the world aware of it.
glad to know that we are appreciated.
The Pope

United States

#5 Apr 24, 2008
Don, Don, Don,

You, sir, are a kook.
The Pope

United States

#6 Apr 24, 2008
Don, Don, Don,

You, sir, are a kook....
Something Wicked

Stow, OH

#7 Apr 29, 2008
David Schrader you just summed up the crux of the nation. Speaking the truth is not racist; those who think otherwise, are the racist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Undocumented workers of Royal Buffet and Grill ... 12 hr Don diego della h... 8
Cuyahoga Falls problem/ underbelly ? (Jun '11) 13 hr gort 6
News Akron man sentenced for quadruple murder 23 hr Walkin boss 1
Casual encounters Sun Momoffallskids 2
News Akron mother of 29-year-old shot by police asks... Jul 23 Boss King 4
What happened to Krista (Apr '10) Jul 21 Remembering 5
News Mogadore coach arrested on sex charge (Mar '08) Jul 21 SadSally 168
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Uniontown Mortgages