Portage man free after 16 years

He had been waiting 16 years and nine months to hear the words. And after deliberating for nine hours over two days, a Portage County jury delivered them. Full Story
hiram rapids

Round Rock, TX

#61 Aug 26, 2008
and another thing! john smith got outta prison 5 yrs after he killed dana jastal!how'd he get away with that? he is from schalersville!arte weaverling is a piece of crap too, no i have more respect for crap!

Since: Nov 07

Ohio

#62 Aug 26, 2008
I can't even begin to fathom why Troy would say that. I guess he was trying to keep his lies straight (which he failed at miserably) and tell investigators and police what they wanted to hear. In that same meeting with the investigators is when he says he'll "set up" Gondor and Resh.

Bob and Randy were the last ones to close out the bar...with Ed Douglas <owner/bartender> and Troy being there too. They drove separately and were talking outside when Ed locked up.

There really isn't any significance with the wood and they don't deny throwing it. They were fooling around by throwing it across the street and Troy joined in. He seemed like he was lingering around waiting for a ride.

There was NEVER any blood on the wood (as initially reported) and David Norris (prosecutor) knew it. He had a report in the case file showing that it wasn't blood, but "most likely perspiration."

Since you are from the area and know "Mantua Corners", think to yourself, "If I killed someone, put them in the back of my truck and there was blood all over the wood, would I really stand out near the intersection of Route 82 and Route 44 and throw bloody wood at The Corner Saloon? Then when the owner comes out (not once, but twice) and says that he's calling the cops, you would continue throwing it?" DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

(Troy also lied/changed his story about the size of the wood. From small cut outs of wood to 2x4's. C'mon! Whipping a 2x4 from the Upper Deck to the Corner Saloon across a two lane highway?! Yeah right!)

Ohio

#63 Aug 26, 2008
I don't know anything about Mark Smith and Dana Jastal's case.??

Ohio

#64 Aug 26, 2008
I mean John Smith.
hiram rapids

United States

#65 Aug 27, 2008
we know they all left and came back,,,it all just looks bad!

Ohio

#66 Aug 27, 2008
Bob and Randy never denied they were at the Upper Deck that Sunday, BUT...they weren't there "with" Troy.

It's like me going to Wal-Mart and seeing Charles Manson. It doesn't mean we were there "together."

Bob and Randy have accounting for where they were when they left and came back. Unfortunately, the investigator and Prosecutor wanted to finagle with the times by intimidating the witnesses.

http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/1849312

Read what Ed Douglas says...
hiram rapids

United States

#67 Sep 8, 2008
i will be home at thanxsgivin and i will visit the busta family!

Ohio

#68 Sep 23, 2008
hiram rapids wrote:
i will be home at thanxsgivin and i will visit the busta family!
Well, good for you and have fun with that.:)
hiram rapids

United States

#69 Oct 15, 2008
yeah and its really strange that after a murder was just committed all three were throwing wood(evidence) out of the truck! oh its no secret 1 of the reshes sells cocaine!.........so what ever!

Ohio

#70 Oct 16, 2008
I think we already discussed the matter of the wood (post #62).

Okay, and what exactly is your point about "oh its no secret 1 of the reshes sells cocaine!"

??
hiram rapids

United States

#71 Oct 22, 2008
good luck with parole troy...
hiram rapids

United States

#72 Oct 22, 2008
my prayers go out to the nardi family..
hiram rapids

United States

#73 Oct 23, 2008
3 murderers loose! i am not surprised!
private i

Round Rock, TX

#74 Nov 1, 2008
#70......thats what i thought!
david from texas

Powder Springs, GA

#75 Jan 30, 2009
there now just 2 murders are loose!you lying punks!
Sarah

Hudson, OH

#76 Nov 1, 2009
hiram rapids wrote:
and another thing! john smith got outta prison 5 yrs after he killed dana jastal!how'd he get away with that? he is from schalersville!arte weaverling is a piece of crap too, no i have more respect for crap!
Dana Jastal was my mother, and Art Weaverling...he is a piece of shit. John Smith got out on good behavior which is complete shit if you ask me. He is a free man, and me and my family think that its a crock a shit. My and my sister, are without a mother thanks to his sorry ass. As for the Bustas, my mom was good friends with them, and so was my father. Joanne Busta was a good woman with problems and Troy is as guilty as John. So stop the blogging about this shit.
wow

Uniontown, OH

#77 Nov 1, 2009
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana Jastal was my mother, and Art Weaverling...he is a piece of shit. John Smith got out on good behavior which is complete shit if you ask me. He is a free man, and me and my family think that its a crock a shit. My and my sister, are without a mother thanks to his sorry ass. As for the Bustas, my mom was good friends with them, and so was my father. Joanne Busta was a good woman with problems and Troy is as guilty as John. So stop the blogging about this shit.
Do you think you could use the word "shit" a few more times?
Bob

Chagrin Falls, OH

#78 Nov 1, 2009
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
actually there are 96 words and shit was used 4 times hence causing a percentage of approx. 4%.
Sarah

Hudson, OH

#79 Nov 9, 2009
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is nice that you guys have the time to count how many times i said the word shit, instead of comprehending the true point that i was trying to get across. My mother is dead and your counting words and calculating percentages. Grow up. My god.
Sarah

Hudson, OH

#80 Nov 9, 2009
Hey Bob and WOW... get a life. Its people like you two, that piss me off. What kind of people are you anyway to count my words instead of reading them. i said that Dana was my mother. All you can do is count. Its a damn shame you cant read. Where's your heart. I am hurt over this and your trying to make jokes. No one is laughing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Akron mayor's $1.9 million request delayed; cit... 2 hr johnnie D 3
Chrissy Lance Panhandles for Boob Job, Ohio | B... (Jul '12) 4 hr Drew 14
Martial arts instructor, child services worker ... 12 hr warren jeffs 1
Dollar General robbed yet again! Mar 3 Slim Pickens 3
Akron man gets life in prison for shooting neig... Mar 2 Dr Suess 1
Cowboy Hat for Tyree Mar 1 jon pollard AIPAC 5
In Akron, white men rule. Will it change soon? Mar 1 HOWARD SAFIR 6
Uniontown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web