The Name Of God Is Under Attack In One Local School

In this small community of Stark County the religious convictions of its residents seems woven into their daily lives. Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
the serpent was right

Orefield, PA

#304 Feb 18, 2010
Concerned Clevelander wrote:
<quoted text>
The atheists mentioned in this story are trying to force their beliefs on everyone else in this school, so it's exactly my point that people shouldn't be forcing their beliefs on everyone else. All I advocate is sticking with the original format the founding fathers established, which includes religion. It's amazing that because two people are offended that hundreds or thousands are expected to give something up that has been in place for hundreds of years.
The US constitution says that there is to be no state establishment of religion.
If the school recives goverment funding, than the school must abide by that. If they feel that strongly, let them refuse goverment money, and have the community pay for the cost of the school. Then they can put whatever they want in their statement.
washer

Cleveland, OH

#305 Feb 18, 2010
AMEN "the serpent was right" If jesus does comback, it will be in Kirtland, Ohio at the temple where the Mormon religion was founded...sorry to all the other religions who have it wrong.
the serpent was right

Orefield, PA

#306 Feb 18, 2010
Caitlin Spohn wrote:
<quoted text>ok first off God has always been there. he was just there. OK there is a god because without him i wouldn't b able to deal with things tht have came my way. I cnt tell u where God came from but I CAN TELL U THERE IS A GOD N HE DOES EXIST.
Prove there is a god.

I'm sorry to hear that you need an imaginary sky-fairy to get you through. Throw away the religion crutch, and you'll find out that you are plenty strong enough to stand on your own two feet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) 8 hr UmUm 48
Still believe in Obama..Front Page News 8 hr Swayze 1
FALLING From GRACE 12 hr mike 2
EBOLA IS HERE….Great News! 16 hr WMD 20
OBAMMY Is A GENIUS Sat dolores 11
VA moves to fire 4 senior executives due to SC... Oct 17 Vet 9
Summit CountyAkron air passengers surrender wei... Oct 15 Lt Tyree 9
Uniontown Dating
Find my Match

Uniontown Jobs