The Name Of God Is Under Attack In One Local School

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

In this small community of Stark County the religious convictions of its residents seems woven into their daily lives.
Comments
1 - 20 of 303 Comments Last updated Feb 18, 2010
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Babs Flern

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

Nice, friendly, God fearin' white trash.
Jack

Northfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

How utterly ridiculous. This country was built on God, it's a free country! How do you expect it to stand when you take away its foundation? That's like expecting an enormous building to remain standing after you've removed the foundation it was built on. Perhaps that's what it will take for them to see. I don't see how they get to have their way and we can't have ours! We aren't hurting ANYONE by promoting our beliefs. They, however, are starting fights and arguments over something they feel is right, while we Christians were doing no harm whatsoever in the first place. There is no offense in Christianity, it's a peaceful religion, and those who serve our God are servants to those who persecute us. Why would you want to try and destroy something that does so much good for people? By fighting against the Christian God, and trying to take His name out of everything, you aren't doing any good. We will still practice, we will remain faithful, and no means of yours can stop us. Do what you feel you need to, it's not changing anything.
Jim

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

Babs, I would have to say that this white trash is probably better off than you.
bbrowning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

I'll comment on this particular story later, but let me just say to FOX 8 : PROOFREAD ALREADY!! Sixth paragraph states:"...it excludes urge numbers of people". What does that mean? Twentieth paragraph states:"...this is about as agredious a violation as we have seen." Agredious?! NO SUCH WORD!! How about EGREGIOUS?! Plus, there's a serious punctuation problem throughout. Whoever wrote this story needs a remedial course in Language Arts.
Claudia Lemley

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

I am currently a sophmore at Lake high school. The issue about our mission statement is unbelieveble. Majority of our students do believe in God and there is nothing wrong with expression that love. I and many other students don't understand why there is such a problem with expressing that love in our school. Wisconsin has really no right to be in our business and if they have a problem to bad. God is important to the students here, and for those who don't believe in God , nothing is being forced on them. Wisconsin needs to back off and stay out.
Said What

Brecksville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

bbrowning wrote:
I'll comment on this particular story later, but let me just say to FOX 8 : PROOFREAD ALREADY!! Sixth paragraph states:"...it excludes urge numbers of people". What does that mean? Twentieth paragraph states:"...this is about as agredious a violation as we have seen." Agredious?! NO SUCH WORD!! How about EGREGIOUS?! Plus, there's a serious punctuation problem throughout. Whoever wrote this story needs a remedial course in Language Arts.
You tok the word's out frim my mouthe. this sotry were so badly wrote it tok i coldnt git what it sed. specially that part where the writter ment tosay huge numbers of people and there fingers didnt work so good as. Firts few paragrafs were ok tho.
Craig

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

This is so sad when we are told we cant worship God! May God have mercy on thier souls!
YellowHoodieInVi deo

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

There is no God. So stop worrying and go enjoy your lives.
lol

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

a few things:

1. GOD is dead

2. Christian = at least 200lbs and over (GLUTTENS going to hell anyhow)

3. This country was founded on FREEDOM from religious persecution
Democrat

Richfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

Absolutely amazing - two sets of SOB parents want the name of God removed from a statement that's been around forever. And we have a problem figuring out who the bullies are ?

Yeah, right - remove God from the schools - and in His place will come Satan. Because it's only God that can keep Satan out.

As for these (2) sets of parents - GO TO HELL.
Democrat

Richfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

lol wrote:
a few things:
1. GOD is dead
LOL is dead. Signed God.
God-Your Father in Heaven

Richfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

lol wrote:
a few things:
1. GOD is dead
1. LOL is dead
2. Christian = Sinners saved by Grace
3. This country was founded on FREEDOM from religious persecution, which is the basis
of allowing my name to be in any statement, anywhere, anytime.
Izzy

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

I don't care if it's in the mission statement or not. My question is this: does it affect your belief in god if it is not on the mission statement?
If it is included on the statement is it not proselytizing? That to me is what is the issue here. Publicly funded schools are not allowed to do that.
Why do believers feel the need to evangelize?
Izzy

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

Leave it to Fox to s\ake the fires of religious/political antagonism and animosity among Americans

Since: Dec 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

This Gaylor woman is the most poisonous kind of liberal. They have found two couples who are against the wording of the mission statement, and that outweighs the majority? The liberal mentality lives: "if we don't like ice cream, it should be banned from the face of the earth,"
What if conservatives took that approach to liberals? Why, it would be open season.
Democrat

Richfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

Really, if the two parents want to be in a place where there is no mention of God anywhere - then as I said: GO TO HELL, there you can be assured that there is no mention of God, no slogans, no statements - NO HOPE.
Democrat

Richfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

Izzy wrote:
I don't care if it's in the mission statement or not. My question is this: does it affect your belief in god if it is not on the mission statement?
If it is included on the statement is it not proselytizing? That to me is what is the issue here. Publicly funded schools are not allowed to do that.
Why do believers feel the need to evangelize?
You actually think that the word God in a mission statement affecs someone's belief in God ? Yeah right. Like I wish it were that easy.

The bottom line is that there is power in the name of God/Jesus Christ. If not, why would so many spend so much to keep it out. Do you think people would pay millions to keep the name of Mickey Mouse from the justice halls - or Donald Duck from school slogans. Make no mistake about it - there is power in the name of Jesus Christ. If not, then liberals are that much more stupid to pay the money they pay and time they spend to have it removed.
Izzy

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

pistoff wrote:
This Gaylor woman is the most poisonous kind of liberal. They have found two couples who are against the wording of the mission statement, and that outweighs the majority? The liberal mentality lives: "if we don't like ice cream, it should be banned from the face of the earth,"
What if conservatives took that approach to liberals? Why, it would be open season.
pisstoff, it has been open season on liberals for at least the last decade and has only intensified since the election of Presidenr Barack Obama. And now the season is expanding even at the risk of Americas future!!!
Izzy

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually think that the word God in a mission statement affecs someone's belief in God ? Yeah right. Like I wish it were that easy.
The bottom line is that there is power in the name of God/Jesus Christ. If not, why would so many spend so much to keep it out. Do you think people would pay millions to keep the name of Mickey Mouse from the justice halls - or Donald Duck from school slogans. Make no mistake about it - there is power in the name of Jesus Christ. If not, then liberals are that much more stupid to pay the money they pay and time they spend to have it removed.
Dem, you best read my comment again. Your reply does not address anything I wrote.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

When the muslems take over and FORCE YOU to convert and pray 3 times a day at set times or else you'll be the first in line.

Oh and if you decide not to convert they will take your body hang it over a large wooden stake(like they do in the African villages) spread your legs and ask you once more "are you willing to worship allla?"

Better say yes or they pull your body down the stake up your ash. They don't play games so go ahead liberal idiots, go on get rid of Our God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Uniontown Discussions

Search the Uniontown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Guess Who? 30 min Undercover Bro 15
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr d pantz 29,362
Susan Tompor: Motor City ranks as a top spot fo... 16 hr Foghorn Leghorn 2
Puppet Kobe gets back at LeBron in new Nike com... (Jun '09) 18 hr official cavalier store 3
obama sucks (Dec '13) 21 hr Fitty Sebben 38
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) Sun Moses 43
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 26 Go Blue Forever 2,218
•••
•••
•••
•••

Uniontown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Uniontown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••