Pregnant woman missing in Stark County; toddler left alone

Full story: Ohio.com

Patty Porter had that sick feeling in her stomach only a mother would know. Her oldest daughter -- 26 years old and nine months pregnant -- hadn't answered her cell phone in two days.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
shelly s

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

my thoughts and prayers are with the family at this difficult time..i pray they will find her unharmed..
gabriella

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2007

i think whoever did this needs to confess. who would want to kill a woman with a two year old and an unborn child. that is just uncalled for. i am really upset that someone would do that .
gabriella

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2007

shelly s wrote:
my thoughts and prayers are with the family at this difficult time..i pray they will find her unharmed..
i think you are correct. and i do agree that my prayers are with them. so i hope you find her.
Sherry

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2007

This reminds of the Laci Peterson case all over again. I only pray this fine young lady makes it home safely with her children. Whoever did this, may you rest peacefully ~ let her be. Release her so she can live a fulfilled loved life. God Bless ~ Our prayers are with you and your family. Please come home soon.
Amanda

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Living so close to Canton myself....this story just turns my stomach...who in their right mind would take a woman from her children...may she be found unharmed both her and her unborn child....
Maggie

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

I will be praying for her safe return, and for her family to be strong. They look like "salt of the earth" people who care very much for each other. What a lovely, vivacious young woman and sweet, happy little 2-year old son. It is hard to imagine someone finding it in them to harm her, if that is what happened.
Kari

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Unfortunately stories like this don't end "happily". I will continue my prayers for the family of the victim. May God give them strength during this time.
Kari

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Does anyone know where Jessie Davis graduated from? Was she from Stark County?
Kim Ohio

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

I am very sorry that this has happened. How can people be so sick.? I hope and pray that she will be found soon, and that she will be OK.
With all due respect however, I don't see how people can say that she was such a wonderful, faultless person, "that has never done anything wrong..."??
She certainly did not deserve anything like this to happen to her,(no one would) but I am sure that mans wife,(the father of her children)might question her saintlyness.
JOE D

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

I think that the father had someone kill her so he didnt have to pay child support for a second child . Cops dont make much money and sadly some people are sick enough to do something like this .
Catherine

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

Have they checked at the dump? I looked on-line and there is a dump that has been closed due to some type of radiation. The bleach would have been poured on the floor to destroy dna evidence and blood. Unfortunately, I think someone has murdered this poor lady. Years ago, here in TX, we had a case where a woman murdered her ex-lovers wife who'd recently given birth. She walked out and left that baby in the bed for days before the husband returned from a business trip. Women don't share men well. See Candace Montgomery and Betty Gore.
devona

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

absolutely i agree with you i believe he killed her or had someone kill her trying to save some money it is just lack of intergity and the police dept can not keep this guy on the force he has to much of a back ground. Rumor that he supplied that gun to his cousin in 2003 the police dept knows it is the truth and he does too his is trying to fool us and it is naive on his part this is just someone i would not want to protect me.
JOE D wrote:
I think that the father had someone kill her so he didnt have to pay child support for a second child . Cops dont make much money and sadly some people are sick enough to do something like this .
Tammi Sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

I think the estranged wife did it or either paid some one to have it done. Her husband was already paying child support for his illigimiate son and with the birth of the second child would be facing 18 more years of child support. This means a lot less money for his legitimate kids. Besides, the humiliation of knowing her husband is a serial adulterer probably put her over the edge.
Local Fool

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

Seems to me there's an awful lot of speculating, accusing and judgement going on to be from folks who are offering prayers and live in a country where the presumption of innocence reins until guilt is proven.

'course that's just my two cents.
Trena

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

I want to say that my prayers and thoughts are with this woman and her family. May she be found alive and well. But I do think I have to agree with Tammi Sue, I do believe that the estranged wife is involved some how. She probably went over the edge when he had another child with this woman. Its a very painful situtation when your husband strays and sometimes the things that go through your head is very scary. I know cause I had a few myself. Thats called insanity. I'm not giving her an excuse if she did do anything to that poor woman. I'm just saying that he probably pushed her until she snapped. Woman does not like to share their man with no one. They need to look more strongly into his albis and his wifes, cause I bet there is a hole someone. I hope everything turns out okay.
Darryl

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2007

I have a different take on this case. Why would this young woman have a relationship with a married man to start off with? She had the two-year old and turned around and got pregnant again with this man is a bit much to understand. This Cuttings or what ever his name is still married, although, it is claimed he and his wife split up in Feb.so why would a seemingly attractive young woman have to lower her standards to have anything to do with this guy? It has been reported on Nancy Grace, Greta, and other shows that he has, at least, two other children with two women in addition to the 2-year old he has with this missing woman and she is about to have another child and it is claimed it is his baby.
This loser has a not-so-nice police record so how is it that he is a cop? The police chief placed this loser on leave and claimed he does this because he doesn't want an officer on the streets with so many problems. What??
Lets see. The guy has been married for 6-years. The two year old is his kid. The soon to be newborn is supposedly his kid.He has one child with another woman and another child with yet another woman not to mention his criminal past so it sure looks like a lot of problems and child support to me so why was this guy even a cop?
He got fired because he claimed to have lost his gun but it turned up in the hands of a cousin. The guy sued and claimed he was fired because of his race and the police caved in and gave the loser his job back.
I doubt the missing woman is alive but I hope she is but in relationships like this it usually is not good, not to mention the fact this was a strange relationship to start off with.
The media showed a picture of one of the other women he was a sperm donor and she is white too and this is really strange because I bet all the known women he had kids with are white but the media has not made any mention of this. The reason I bring this up is because they showed a picture of the man surrounded by many blacks and not one white person in the picture which is odd because he does seem to prefer white women. Even the missing womans mother is defending this thug. Not sure what is going on there but it is her right to defend him but I hate to be the one to tell her but he did in fact have something to do with this case.
Not sure what this woman saw in this thug and wasted her life but having a child with him when he is married so it appears she is messed up in some way because I doubt there are that many women who would want to get knocked up by a married man and especially not a man from another race. I see this as strange because I have seen planty of video of the area in which she lives and havent seen many blacks so I wonder why she crossed the racial lines for a married man and one she knew would not marry her. I guess I have been around too long and have no clue what is up with younger people these days. I would never support any of my children dating a married man or woman and would not support this type of relationship in any manor because there are way to many cases just like this one that lead to an innocent white woman being abused or killed. I don't really care what people think of my post, but if you have researched interracial hate crimes as long as I have than you would understand it is not racist to point out facts.
Local Fool

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2007

Ahhh yes Daryl, the voice of bigotry, alive and well in the United States.
Thanks for sharing.
White mother in SD

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2007

Just wanted to comment on the post above.

First, my focus is the well being of mother and child. The race of people involved having absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

If there is facts to support criminal actions of the said man above, the color of his skin does not support the racial comments. We all are born with feelings and the color of our skin does not make one of us better than another in the eyes of our maker. If you are a white man Darryl, by the way you speak, you are a very little man to wear such big shoes.
Our prayers are with her

Antigua and Barbuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2007

Darryl, i think you are being very racial in this situation. You have to remember we all have feeling too, no matter the race. My prayers are with that woman and her unborn child and i hope that they return home safely.
Mj in FL

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

I have to give Darryl his due! I didn't read the whole post, but I got his main point as ~INFIDELITY! My immediate thought was "getting PG by a married man ~ TWICE!" And that was before any pics were available and I had no idea it was interracial.
But come on, this guy has 2 kids w/ his wife, one with another woman (Ironically he was at that woman's brothers bar when the missing woman disappeared!) and then has this woman PG a second time! Come on man, buy some condoms!
My first thought was that his wife just had too much! She forgave him the first time and welcomed the darling little boy into their family as an occasional member ~ but to realize he has a sister on the way ~ it's "Bobitt Time"!
And I thought I read that his wife was/is a nurse?!? AND she left work early the morning it all broke, BEFORE the news broke. Or maybe that was just hearsay early on.
Don't get me wrong ~ I was/am praying for her safe return and her and the baby's health. But I think having an ongoing relationship with a married man was a big mistake and could be key to time crime, be it kidnapping or worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Uniontown Discussions

Search the Uniontown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 11 min Canton 28,478
LeBron is back! 11 hr d pantz 1
Who lost Iraq? The Iraqis did, with an assist f... Jul 9 GOP Dopes 36
boosh vacationed while New Orleans DROWNED! Jul 9 GOP Dopes 1
Feaster back in court Jul 9 Foghorn Leghorn 2
Gay Games Rodeo coming to Summit County Fairgro... Jul 9 Tu Hung Lo 8
Brilliant individual Jul 8 Loves Obammy 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Uniontown Jobs

•••