Garage fire wipes out prized cars

Garage fire wipes out prized cars

There are 25 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 6, 2008, titled Garage fire wipes out prized cars. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

LAKE TWP.: Six antique cars, including an Aston Martin, a Jaguar and a Corvette, were destroyed Monday night in a garage fire in the 1800 block of Butternut Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Voice of Reality

Norwalk, OH

#24 May 7, 2008
Bergermeister wrote:
I am sad to see the cars be lost, but am sure the owner was insured. If not, well shame on him!
Sorry, I just struggle with articles about rich people losing their toys.
I struggle with comments from assuming posters who read a few paragraphs about someone they previously knew nothing about and make ridiculous, unsupported judgments.

“Er...Protector of Free Speech?”

Since: Mar 08

The AKR

#25 May 7, 2008
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I struggle with comments from assuming posters who read a few paragraphs about someone they previously knew nothing about and make ridiculous, unsupported judgments.
I struggle with reading your posts everyday.

Touche!
Voice of Reality

Norwalk, OH

#26 May 7, 2008
Bergermeister wrote:
<quoted text>
I struggle with reading your posts everyday.
Touche!
What's the problem? Too many big words?

“Er...Protector of Free Speech?”

Since: Mar 08

The AKR

#28 May 8, 2008
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry "Reality". Just read the article again. Yes, Mom, all the way through! For a while there, I thought I was in the wrong. LOL!

I said the guy was rich, and you call me out? Are you trying to tell me the guy was poor?!?

Can you run out and buy a "1959 Aston Martin, a 1978 Silver Anniversary Corvette, a 1974 Jaguar roadster, a 1952 MGTD, a 1958 MGA and a 1988 Mercedes-Benz 560SL convertible"?!? I left out the '07 Pacifica and the Kubota tractor also destroyed by the fire. But, you poor people can obviously run out an buy some more of those as well.

My bad......LOL!

Reality Bites!

Great movie! You should see it! LOL!
Whos Free

United States

#29 May 9, 2008
Tom Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>why insurance fraud cause he told the truth and said i fu#$%^& up you have a guilty consience(bad spelling ha)son go to counsling for that lol
Why would I have a guilty conscious? I didn't pour gasoline on to a light bulb to start a fire and burn down my garage with heavily insured vehicles in it. To make it look more authentic he did good by using gas and a light bulb. Receiving some minor burns would be well worth it if the payout is right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poor, shrinking neighborhoods in Akron wait for... 10 hr Fred Rogers 1
News Chapel Hill Mall teeters after five decades: ti... 10 hr Zoe 2
News Summit judge Linda Teodosio and Canton attorney... 10 hr Fred Rogers 1
News New college graduates want to live in big cities Mon Pale Rider 2
News Member of violent Akron gang sentenced to prison Mon Pale Rider 2
News Three charged in connection with Akron gambling... Mon Fred Rogers 1
News Man vindicated in 1993 Akron murder charged for... Sun Warden jones 1
More from around the web

Uniontown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE