Garage fire wipes out prized cars

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

LAKE TWP.: Six antique cars, including an Aston Martin, a Jaguar and a Corvette, were destroyed Monday night in a garage fire in the 1800 block of Butternut Street.
Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated May 9, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Education Needed

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Every year there are a great many easily preventable acidents involving Gasoline. Education must begin at a very young age and be repeated often.
brickyak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

And people say the rich never have bad luck!!
a voice

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

The cars can be replaced,the life cannot. Maybe the insurance company will stand up do right!
TFC

Lowellville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Do ya think with all the cars and money involved that a couple of fire extinguishers were too expensive to have on hand? I do a lot of work in my garage on vehicles, and I always have 2 of them readily handy.
James

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

In hindsight there is always a better way. I doubt if any of else have not experienced something similar. That's why we should not be to critical of him.
Sammie

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

I hope the insurance company helps this person.
I am also gald this man did lose his life. Accidents happens.
Chris_B

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Poor guy
Fire Wife

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

TFC wrote:
Do ya think with all the cars and money involved that a couple of fire extinguishers were too expensive to have on hand? I do a lot of work in my garage on vehicles, and I always have 2 of them readily handy.
He did have extinguishers, the article just doesn't mention that. You know what they say about assuming...
Joe

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

DOH!
Whos Free

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Sounds like insurance fraud and I'm sure the insurance company will be looking into that also.

Since: Mar 07

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

The good thing about this story, is that no-buddy was killed, and the cars can be replaced with sumthin' else.
Ahau Kin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

When I lived in (an anonymous, backwards southern state), I saw people actually smoke cigarettes while gassing up their cars at the pump.

I wonder if this guy is from that same state?
Builder

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

I doubt it was fraud. I drove by this fire - it was way too close to the house. Plus the guy was burned - kind of risky and painful just for the money, no?
Fishy

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Builder wrote:
I doubt it was fraud. I drove by this fire - it was way too close to the house. Plus the guy was burned - kind of risky and painful just for the money, no?
Do some research often time people are set on fire starting fires in arsons.
thinning of the herd

Wadsworth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

TFC wrote:
VERY WELL SAID!
car lover

Wadsworth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Yes he prob made a mistake...But the garage was in total flames with in 4 mins. Their is not a extinguisher that is going to up that fire out. I dont think this is fraud as some of these cars he will never replace. Some people need not to ASSume things.
John

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

The lights with the light bulb, the ones with the reel n cord are bad BAD news. I was working on a cars gas line up on the lift n there was some gas on the floor that leaked out ( about 16oz.) and i droped the light n poof a nice size fire. When that light bulb breaks quess what happens? I dont use those lights no more. I updated the battery stick lights with no electric n cords. You think the guy would have known that.
just saying

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

nuyg5giihhbtgf7hh7y
Insurance cmpny scams

Wadsworth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

we found out last yr after the big storm,insurance cmpny's are a take in only-an never ever pay out,they even pick the cmpny-(suggest- ha)to do the work that needs done after a storm,nationwide is on illegal Imnig;side,anyway,about the cars,if its possible,and they (the ins.cmp.)can get away with it,they will no dout,find him respons;through neglect,an in turn,pay him a small amount of what he is entitled too,or what his policy has made him think (while takeing his money) he was entitled too,...guess who introduced the no smokeing laws,insurance cmpny;it isnt your health or mine -its fire payouts....hope no one ever has to deal with the new way these legal crooks treat people,even ones whom never had a claim in 40yrs with the same insurance,these cmpny's are powerful,especially in washington...

“Er...Protector of Free Speech?”

Since: Mar 08

The AKR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

I am sad to see the cars be lost, but am sure the owner was insured. If not, well shame on him!

Sorry, I just struggle with articles about rich people losing their toys.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Uniontown Discussions

Search the Uniontown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 42 min dba_freelance_gyno 29,097
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 hr They cannot kill a Spook 231
Did Matt Patrick from WKDD get FIRED? (Nov '09) 15 hr peckerwdless 20
Who lost Iraq? The Iraqis did, with an assist f... 19 hr Kissel 37
Guess Who? 19 hr Kissel 10
Gay Games Rodeo coming to Summit County Fairgro... Wed Homeless Wino Pete 20
Jesus Take the Wheel Wed Homeless Wino Pete 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Uniontown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000