First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom Bennedict

United States

#1 Dec 16, 2008
What is the FootWash. Is it a religious event, if not, why is it called "Foot Wash"
TRUTH

Pineville, LA

#2 Jan 23, 2009
It started as a religious event over 113 years ago as an reinactment of Jesus washing his deciples feet at the last supper.As the event grew, people came setting up stands to sell food, drinks etc. Over the years as the church members that originated the event died off (old age)the event evolved into a lued, evil party where anything goes.You can witness any kind of human perversion imaginable including having sex in full view of everyone including children,tents full of prostitutes,people walking around selling drugs,women inserting bottles into their vaginas and anus etc.And for even more excitement, their is alot of shooting and sometimes someone gets hot grease thrown on them!
Of course all this perversion is considered great fun by many blacks. I think they should be ashamed to have allowed this event which began as a worthy tradition to reach this point. I went to it once to see what it is all about but quickly learned that it is no activity for moral, Christian people to attend.
IRhere

United States

#3 Mar 25, 2009
TRUTH wrote:
It started as a religious event over 113 years ago as an reinactment of Jesus washing his deciples feet at the last supper.As the event grew, people came setting up stands to sell food, drinks etc. Over the years as the church members that originated the event died off (old age)the event evolved into a lued, evil party where anything goes.You can witness any kind of human perversion imaginable including having sex in full view of everyone including children,tents full of prostitutes,people walking around selling drugs,women inserting bottles into their vaginas and anus etc.And for even more excitement, their is alot of shooting and sometimes someone gets hot grease thrown on them!
Of course all this perversion is considered great fun by many blacks. I think they should be ashamed to have allowed this event which began as a worthy tradition to reach this point. I went to it once to see what it is all about but quickly learned that it is no activity for moral, Christian people to attend.
Those people may have died off and now if you want to posibly die come to a foot washing just another reason to sell drugs get drunk and shoot someone.
The real truth

Montgomery, AL

#4 Apr 11, 2009
Who are you?! Yes it may have started off as a religious event and it is not anymore.... such is life. There are a whole lot of things that start one way and end up another. If you don't like it then don't attend and don't try to sit on your high and mighty throne and act like you have an heaven or a hell to throw someone into. I take it you you're a prejudice cracker from the words used in you so call truth statement and to that i say that I would not expect anything but an ignorant statement like you have left. During spring break... You can witness any kind of human perversion imaginable including sex in full view of everyone including children, tents full of prostitutes, people walking around selling drugs, women inserting bottles into their vaginas and anus etc. And for even more excitement, their is a lot of shooting and sometimes someone gets alcohol poisoning and dies or gets arrested.Of course all this perversion is considered great fun by many crackers. I think they should be ashamed to have allowing these events to reach this point.
Point.... white people experience the same kinds of the "fun" and worse pray for them instead of trying to call them out. While your at it pray for yourself. You need help too!
Stop making us look bad

Birmingham, AL

#5 Aug 7, 2009
The real truth wrote:
Who are you?! Yes it may have started off as a religious event and it is not anymore.... such is life. There are a whole lot of things that start one way and end up another. If you don't like it then don't attend and don't try to sit on your high and mighty throne and act like you have an heaven or a hell to throw someone into. I take it you you're a prejudice cracker from the words used in you so call truth statement and to that i say that I would not expect anything but an ignorant statement like you have left. During spring break... You can witness any kind of human perversion imaginable including sex in full view of everyone including children, tents full of prostitutes, people walking around selling drugs, women inserting bottles into their vaginas and anus etc. And for even more excitement, their is a lot of shooting and sometimes someone gets alcohol poisoning and dies or gets arrested.Of course all this perversion is considered great fun by many crackers. I think they should be ashamed to have allowing these events to reach this point.
Point.... white people experience the same kinds of the "fun" and worse pray for them instead of trying to call them out. While your at it pray for yourself. You need help too!
I don't think the person is a "cracker" as you call him or her, it's time to teach our children morals and values. It's really sad that as black people (I'm an educated black male)we can't find another way to have fun. People who attend these kind of event are usually not educated and very poor and that's all they have been taught. As black people lets start going to events that teach our children how to be the next president. It's sad we cannot see ourselves being any better than this, what kind of person prostitute or sell drugs, stop making your parents ashame of you.
Jim

Fredericksburg, VA

#6 Sep 9, 2009
Stop making us look bad wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the person is a "cracker" as you call him or her, it's time to teach our children morals and values. It's really sad that as black people (I'm an educated black male)we can't find another way to have fun. People who attend these kind of event are usually not educated and very poor and that's all they have been taught. As black people lets start going to events that teach our children how to be the next president. It's sad we cannot see ourselves being any better than this, what kind of person prostitute or sell drugs, stop making your parents ashame of you.
Now that person never made one racial remark in that post. Sounds like you are the racist, and I 'am of African decent. As a matter of fact the statement is true. For some reason, Americans of African decent have a problem with the truth when it is negative toward them. I still aatend the footwash and I enjoy it even though there are a lot of negative going ons there. But the truth is the truth. You need to appoligize to that person that you called a cracker and a racist.
Shock boy

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 Sep 21, 2009
Aint nothing going on at the footwash thats not going on in your neighborhood or your town. You got some people on this Earth that all they wanna do is judge everythang. I've been going to the footwash for about 15years. Every since i was about 12. This is my hometown. I take great pride in every little program or special activities that go on down here in uniontown. So for all the outspoking pre-judging people, take a close look at your town b4 u put mine down........Holla
Ttodak

United States

#8 Sep 21, 2009
Alot of your comments are negative towards another race. 1 person said only ignorant black people would go to the event. Another individual called the other person names. I am an educated morally sound black male. Im far from lower class and i will be attending the footwash. Every year i hear other people talking about this event after they have come back home. so this year im going to see for myself!!! i hope next year i wont have a negative post.
MissDiva

Gadsden, AL

#9 Sep 22, 2009
"Of course all this perversion is considered great fun by many blacks. I think they should be ashamed to have allowed this event which began as a worthy tradition to reach this point...."

And how this "doesn't sound rascist at all" I have no idea. To call us Blacks instead of Black people or African Americans is an issue within itself.

True there are "perversions" or as I would say uncommon acts that you don't see in public everyday that take place at this annual event. However, to say that this is a problem or we are wayward people then you also need to say that the White people who participate in Spring Break activities, are often found on Girls Gone Wild, or just the average young people that you find on college campuses are also problematic and wayward. There are always events that can at times be questionable in nature, therefore, if you have a problem with that, simply don't attend. I am college educated, am around smart and intelligent Black people all the time, as well as white people. I am neither trashy, nor stupid, and I have no problem whatsoever mingling with those who aren't afraid to let loose at least once a year.

Point blank period, There are decent and less than decent people in EVERY race. If you wanna teach your children to be a certain way then raise them a certain way. Don't depend on anyone else to do it or leave it up to your race. That alone makes you look bad and foolish. No one can make you look bad but you and if you hang around people who make the assertion that there are people in your race (or the fact that this event is heavily attended by your race) who make you look bad, then maybe, just maybe, you need a new set of friends.
LUSCIOUZ_REIGN

AOL

#10 Sep 23, 2009
I've been to the footwash a few times after I heard about it..Couldnt believe what I heard went on there. EVERYthing thats illegal and freaky happen there including playin pornos n public,nude people.whatever you want to do..you can do it..But after 10:00pm..People get crazy..start shootin causing stampedes..CTFUUU!! Must admit I enjoyed being around my black people,and being allowed to do things you wouldnt be allowed to do in public anywhere else.. As long as people keep it safe. Do your thang..And for those who are so "Righteous" if you dont like what go on there,take your ass elewhere, not like anyone invited you anyway..Holla!
Shock boy

Auburn, AL

#11 Sep 23, 2009
Footwash is the place 2 be. Where else can we go to xpress ourselves and just relax and let loose? Lol. Nowhere else kinfolks. U'town pimpn. 1Life 1Love
cinti

Montgomery, AL

#12 Sep 26, 2009
here from the nati heard about the footwash is it still going on would like to check it out POST ANOTHER COMMENT PLEASE!!!!
LUSCIOUZ_REIGN wrote:
I've been to the footwash a few times after I heard about it..Couldnt believe what I heard went on there. EVERYthing thats illegal and freaky happen there including playin pornos n public,nude people.whatever you want to do..you can do it..But after 10:00pm..People get crazy..start shootin causing stampedes..CTFUUU!! Must admit I enjoyed being around my black people,and being allowed to do things you wouldnt be allowed to do in public anywhere else.. As long as people keep it safe. Do your thang..And for those who are so "Righteous" if you dont like what go on there,take your ass elewhere, not like anyone invited you anyway..Holla!
John

Birmingham, AL

#13 Sep 26, 2009
Are there any white people attending the footwash?
WTH

Birmingham, AL

#14 Sep 28, 2009
Sounds like an event that decent people would avoid~~ just like Spring Break!
How sickening is it to have so many people defending wanton public debauchery as someone's right to "xpress" themselves?
A little town without so much as a McDonald's has such a sick and twisted claim to fame as a "footwash" where everyone drools all year long waiting to act like stray dogs.
Wooppeeeee!!!!!
WTH

Birmingham, AL

#15 Sep 28, 2009
John wrote:
Are there any white people attending the footwash?
What possible difference could that make??
A better question would be:
"Are there any sane and decent people attending the footwash?" and the answer would be "Seriously doubt it!"
cinti

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Sep 28, 2009
i went to the foot wash sat. after ten and it was nice i enjoyed myself. it was the 1st time for me the ladies their help me find the way, the men were very hospitable.the only bad i would or could say about it was the weather but less not blame that on the footwash or it's visiters. somethings did blow my mind like the outfit but if they liked it i love it. i am sorry if you are one of those person who may have had an bad experience my advice to you would be not to come back if it's not for you, me i would recommend that anyone who need that break like i did form school home work kids what ever be that reason. check it out the foot wash is and was the place to be that week. shock boy, thank you for keepin pride in where you live you comments help me to make my decision to attend luv cinti
WTH

Birmingham, AL

#17 Sep 29, 2009
Obviously shock boy and cinti are interested in events of a carnal nature.
So why is this "revelry" still presented as a family event when no one would want their children to see excerpts from hard-core porno played on a big screen outside the dvd tent~~ or worse even, see 2 or more people engaged in hard-core right in front of their faces?
And what ADULT person would want to see a woman make a beer bottle disappear?...and not into thin air either?
Seems to me like an excuse for a bunch of closet-perverts to congregate under the guise of a traditional family style event.
Fenny

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Mar 7, 2010
I think maybe John wondered if any whites attended because they might like to attend but were not sure if they would be welcome...assuming they were white. I have heard a lot about it from a young person I worked with, it sounded like so much fun. It seemed that one just took the kids home after dark so the adults could cut loose and enjoy.
are u 4 real

Lafayette, AL

#20 Mar 16, 2010
i'm white and live in the area. the "footwash" is a tradition among the black folks that live around here. i have heard alot of stories of what has went on there. the last few years, it has calmed down. the state police have a pretty good handle on everything now. i wish it was called something else but see nothing wrong with people getting together and having a good time. just keep it legal and safe!!
Maxine

United States

#21 Aug 8, 2010
I am not from Al., but I have attended the Footwash the last two years. Last year it was sad because of the rain and mud,it was terrible. The State Troopers were everywhere inside, and I appreciated their presence.
The question of "White People" attending, is there are a lot, eating and having fun just like the Black People.
I am going to make my hotel reservation by the 15th of this month

Birmingham Al.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uniontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marion added to Selma to Montgomery National Hi... (Jul '15) Fri Sandra 626 3
"Lucy" case in early 90's or late 80's (Mar '06) Apr '16 Nickelman 9
Rubio Puppet Feb '16 Trump Truth 1
Living in Uniontown Alabama (Aug '06) Feb '16 Dee1 124
News First Alert Update: Tornado Watch issued for pa... Jan '16 John Howard 1
Hello Marion Al, folks! Greetings from Lexingto... (Nov '14) Nov '15 EIIa 2
Is there a Muslim training camp in your area???... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Beasley 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Uniontown Mortgages