Pathetic Monroe County Sheriffs depar...

Pathetic Monroe County Sheriffs department

Posted in the Union Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
AMUSED

Natural Bridge, VA

#1 Jun 9, 2012
How'd you all like that HUGE traffic jam between Rich Creek VA and Peterstown WV on Thursday, between 4pm and 6pm? An 18 wheeler was broken down in Peterstown right over near the Family Dollar and there wasn't an officer in sight. Traffic was backed up for two miles when I went by it at around 5:06PM. I tried to called the Monroe County Sheriff's department to let them know, and wouldnt you know it.... I couldn't get them to answer the phone. I tried at 5:06PM and let it ring about 8 times, then tried again at 5:12PM and let it ring something like 13 times... I guess the sheriff's department closes for business after 5. Finally, I got ahold of the Giles County SD and had them contact Monroe County SD via radio... the dispatcher put me on hold, and when he came back he told me that "Monroe SD seemed surprised, they hadn't gotten any calls about it..." Oh really? Gee do you think that might have something to do with them NOT ANSWERING THE PHONE???

Pathetic. Great to see all the improvements at Monroe SD since the election. Good use of your tax dollars.
why not 911

Peterstown, WV

#2 Jun 10, 2012
I thought the 911 center handled all the emergency calls for the sheriffs office. A lot less numbers to dial.
common sense

Charleston, WV

#3 Jun 10, 2012
Yea, AMUSED get some common sense DIAL 911 !!!!!
Unkle Bob

United States

#4 Jun 10, 2012
Why would it matter who you called? The sheriffs dept should answer the phone. What if it had been a donut salesman? They've been a joke for 30 years. And you expect a change? LMAO
Hello

Orange, VA

#5 Jun 10, 2012
AMUSED wrote:
How'd you all like that HUGE traffic jam between Rich Creek VA and Peterstown WV on Thursday, between 4pm and 6pm? An 18 wheeler was broken down in Peterstown right over near the Family Dollar and there wasn't an officer in sight. Traffic was backed up for two miles when I went by it at around 5:06PM. I tried to called the Monroe County Sheriff's department to let them know, and wouldnt you know it.... I couldn't get them to answer the phone. I tried at 5:06PM and let it ring about 8 times, then tried again at 5:12PM and let it ring something like 13 times... I guess the sheriff's department closes for business after 5. Finally, I got ahold of the Giles County SD and had them contact Monroe County SD via radio... the dispatcher put me on hold, and when he came back he told me that "Monroe SD seemed surprised, they hadn't gotten any calls about it..." Oh really? Gee do you think that might have something to do with them NOT ANSWERING THE PHONE???
Pathetic. Great to see all the improvements at Monroe SD since the election. Good use of your tax dollars.
It is not their fault. Look to your county officials who distribute the county and city funds. What few cops you have work off of a grant for 3 years only making pay you would make as a first time cashier. The reason you d onot have more officers is because the funds are being mis handled. Blame yourselfs for the lack of votes!!!!FYISince you know so much, then you already no there are different routes to take!
unkle aaron

United States

#6 Jun 10, 2012
Unkle Bob wrote:
Why would it matter who you called? The sheriffs dept should answer the phone. What if it had been a donut salesman? They've been a joke for 30 years. And you expect a change? LMAO
I am with you unkle bob
uh huh

Natural Bridge, VA

#7 Jun 10, 2012
"It's not their fault..."

Bullshit. When someone calls the sheriffs office, someone needs to answer.

"thought the 911 center handled all the emergency calls for the sheriffs office. A lot less numbers to dial."

It doesnt sound like it was an emergency call, but I agree that the SD should of been on the scene to address the situation.

Yeah, they're a joke alright.

why not 911

Peterstown, WV

#8 Jun 12, 2012
uh huh wrote:
"thought the 911 center handled all the emergency calls for the sheriffs office. A lot less numbers to dial."
It doesnt sound like it was an emergency call, but I agree that the SD should of been on the scene to address the situation.
A two mile back-up is not an emergency? What if the fire department or an ambulance had to get through. Don't blame it on the sheriffs department. Traffic control is not the sheriffs department primary concern. Where were the state police?
BlessU

Orange, VA

#9 Jun 12, 2012
uh huh wrote:
Educated yourself better and what your mouth.
Laughing

Natural Bridge, VA

#10 Jun 12, 2012
So let me get this straight. Ya'll are letting the sheriff's department off the hook because the caller didn't dial 911 and instead called the main number? Seems to me the department is responsible for the public safety and answering the phone regardless of what phone number is dialed...

If I had been stuck in that traffic jam only to find out the SD was clueless (because they wouldnt take calls) I'd be pretty pissed off.
hmmm

United States

#11 Jun 12, 2012
The officers im sure dont sit by the phone and wait they are out to protect and serve. I would think if they didnt answer office line i would call 911 instead of bitching about them not doing there job.
get a life

United States

#12 Jun 12, 2012
I agree that the county needs more law enforcement. There are numerous drug dealers, drunk drivers, thieves, and wife beaters out there. There are no cops! Why? How many ppl would work 16-24hr shifts, 6-7 days a week, be disrespected, risk their lives, and work for what turns out to be less than min wage? They could make more at Walmart, and be able to see their families. Yes, I've noticed that there are things they turn a blind eye to, but there just isn't the enforcement needed to cover it. Let's all hope that THOMAS TAKES OFFICE!!
haha

Statts Mills, WV

#13 Jun 13, 2012
get a life wrote:
I agree that the county needs more law enforcement. There are numerous drug dealers, drunk drivers, thieves, and wife beaters out there. There are no cops! Why? How many ppl would work 16-24hr shifts, 6-7 days a week, be disrespected, risk their lives, and work for what turns out to be less than min wage? They could make more at Walmart, and be able to see their families. Yes, I've noticed that there are things they turn a blind eye to, but there just isn't the enforcement needed to cover it. Let's all hope that THOMAS TAKES OFFICE!!
what about the wives the out sleep these some cops
bonus

United States

#14 Jun 13, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text> what about the wives the out sleep these some cops
guess that's a perc?!?!?!
Umm OK

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Jun 13, 2012
Laughing wrote:
So let me get this straight. Ya'll are letting the sheriff's department off the hook because the caller didn't dial 911 and instead called the main number? Seems to me the department is responsible for the public safety and answering the phone regardless of what phone number is dialed...
If I had been stuck in that traffic jam only to find out the SD was clueless (because they wouldnt take calls) I'd be pretty pissed off.
I do not think the Sheriff's Department is staffed to answer the phone 24/7 & neither is the State Police office but if you call either of those numbers there should be instructions & numbers to call when no one answers. A simple recorded message could take care of that. I think they are just staffed to answer phone calls during normal office hours. After that you call 911. I have called 911 before in a similar traffic situation. You just tell them right off it not an emergency you just want to report the traffic & find out what might be the cause, when it may be resolved, if it has already been reported, etc. If you do that the 911 dispatcher can alert both the Sheriff's Department & the Sate Police on duty.
1 post removed
Dianne

Ridgeview, WV

#17 Jun 14, 2012
Umm OK is correct.

The Sheriff's office is in the Court House and mostly handles taxes. They close at 4:30 or 5:00.

After that, a recording is needed to tell those who are too sutpid to know, that they should call 911 for emergencies.

It's clear that AMUSED is one of these stupid people. And, in AMUSED, you have a combination of stupidity and self-righteousness and arrogance.

The only other possibility is that AMUSED attacked the SD for political reasons to help Thomas.
2 posts removed
Amen Diane

Charleston, WV

#20 Jun 18, 2012
You couldn't be more correct!!! What if there's a fight in town......God forbid Alan Thomas would break it up.....he would just stand by and watch!!!!! All of the teachers at James Monroe has talked about it!!! Ask any of them.
wonderin

Elkview, WV

#21 Jun 18, 2012
do they evr patrol union place apts?
dianne is clueless

Natural Bridge, VA

#22 Jun 19, 2012
Political reasons to help Thomas... not hardly. Just news to me that law enforcement is a nine to five operation. I'm sure that the crooks will be glad to hear it. And it wasn't an emergency at the time of the call.. of course, since apparently the SD doesnt answer the phone at 5:04, and people are getting steamed and in a hurry to get home it could become an emergency in short order. Duh
why not 911

Peterstown, WV

#23 Jun 19, 2012
dianne is clueless wrote:
Political reasons to help Thomas... not hardly. Just news to me that law enforcement is a nine to five operation. I'm sure that the crooks will be glad to hear it. And it wasn't an emergency at the time of the call.. of course, since apparently the SD doesnt answer the phone at 5:04, and people are getting steamed and in a hurry to get home it could become an emergency in short order. Duh
How many people in monroe county even know the phone number of the sheriffs office? Did the caller have a phone book in his car to look it up? Did he call 611 to ge it? How long did all this crap take? What do you people think that the 911 center employees get paid for? Call 911

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lewisburg ponders natural gas - fracking' and p... (Dec '10) 4 hr Permaculture Food... 17
Best WV.Mayor 4 hr rebel yell 34
Fire Fee 6 hr Uncle Cracker 12
Inaugural Ball 7 hr Uncle Cracker 11
Who will follow Cahill? 8 hr Ms Ethics 51
Regina 14 hr Regina 23
Who should run for lewisburg mayor 18 hr Un Informed 7

Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union Mortgages