Hood Canal Mudd BBQ Sauce
thanks for writing

Downey, CA

#21 Jan 17, 2010
Dear Micheal,
You are up early on Sunday as well..or like me haven't been able to sleep...
I thought that Lynn was the woman my sister spoke to when she called. Since she lives up in the area, we thought she might get an answer, and indeed she did. The lady says she gets quite a few calls about this and understandably is fatigued over the whole subject.(she said she only answered the call because she saw it was a local number) So you think someone might be willing to share the recipe so it can be manufactured again? I believe it has a future as it was such a fabulous product and even after all these years, people are still searching.
My condolences on your brother's death. I appreciate you taking the time to write a follow up.
Regards,
Catie
CatieB

Downey, CA

#22 Jan 17, 2010
The "thanks for writing" was supposed to be a title, not a name.

sorry.

Catie

Since: Jan 10

Houston, TX

#23 Jan 17, 2010
CatieB wrote:
The "thanks for writing" was supposed to be a title, not a name.
sorry.
Catie
Catie,
I found this Toxpix on Google by typing Hood Canal Barbque Sauce. It was early, I woke up and checked my email. I also need to check my spelling. I agree that Mudd should be made again and will work on pushing the idea with my nephew Christopher, who lives in Moses Lake, Washington. Maybe we need to set up a Mudd Blog. It would be nice to give a little more history about Hood Canal Mudd, as well as recipes ideas. It is good to use as a moist rub without adding ketchup, you can also add beer or wine, viegar or almost anything you can imagine.
Michael Simonds
Seattle, Washington
Jim

Schaumburg, IL

#24 Apr 1, 2010
I just called the number listed in a previous post and talked to Lynn. It appears that a company she bought one of the spices from was bought out by a company in Ireland. Since this spice did not have a high rate of sale, they stopped carrying it, as a result, she stopped making it about 3 yrs ago. My Heart's been broken!!!
john

Seattle, WA

#25 May 29, 2010
Susan wrote:
Just bought some sauce yesterday at the Ballard Market. They are affiliated with Central Market. I'm sure if you called either market, they would send some out.
Does anyone have any good recipes using it? I'm doing about 20 lbs of ribs and I'm using it more as a concentrated rub.
I found out that using chli sauce instead of ketsup was a great taste.
john

Seattle, WA

#26 May 29, 2010
Michael Simonds wrote:
My brother John Simonds created Hood Canal Mudd Barbegue Base several years ago. John was a professional chef and died in 2001.
My sisters are also looking for the BBQ base. Since Lynn Campbell continued to make Mudd after John's death. she has the origional recipe. She has chosen to stop making Mudd becase she can neither but or recreate the spice blend. My brother told me what he put in Mudd, and that he created the spice blend that was blended in large batches by a Washington spice company. Inspite of the spice business being sold, they must still have the spice blend recipe that was developed by John. Perhaps John's son Christopher Simonds could be given his father's origional recipe by Lynn so that he could maufacture and market Mudd. I live in Seattle, Washinfton and my email is michaeledwinsimonds@gmail.com
Were you able to get the recipe? I would like to make some myself for personal use only. Please respond. I live about 10 minutes from Belfair.

Since: Jan 10

El Monte, CA

#27 Jul 23, 2010
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you able to get the recipe? I would like to make some myself for personal use only. Please respond. I live about 10 minutes from Belfair.
I have not been able to get my brother's recipe for mudd BBQ base from Lynn Campbell yet.

Michael Simomds

michaeledwinsimonds@gmail.com
Eddie Green

Seattle, WA

#29 Sep 11, 2011
I can confirm that I now have purchased the recipe from the family and it will go into production shortly.

Eddie
Christopher Simonds

Alhambra, CA

#30 Feb 7, 2012
Eddie Green wrote:
I can confirm that I now have purchased the recipe from the family and it will go into production shortly.
Eddie
BULLSHIT!! I'm the son of John Simonds if anyone who should have the recipe it's me and my brother Neal Simonds. I will be getting a lawyer, untill then you need to stop what you are doing. You can e-mail me at hookedoncomix@yahoo.com
Cate

Downey, CA

#31 Feb 7, 2012
Good luck Christopher.
I thought is was odd someone outside the family would make an announcement like that, so I didn't respond.
Will watch here for what happens next.

Regards,
Cate
Christopher Simonds

Seattle, WA

#32 Feb 19, 2012
Cate wrote:
Good luck Christopher.
I thought is was odd someone outside the family would make an announcement like that, so I didn't respond.
Will watch here for what happens next.
Regards,
Cate
Thank you for your support, post up-to-date results
Cate

Los Angeles, CA

#33 Feb 19, 2012
Thank you for the reply.
I will be watching to see how events transpire. Have you heard from this person Eddie? Is he producing a version of HCM?
Good Luck,Cate
Christopher Simonds

Seattle, WA

#34 Feb 21, 2012
Cate wrote:
Thank you for the reply.
I will be watching to see how events transpire. Have you heard from this person Eddie? Is he producing a version of HCM?
Good Luck,Cate
Unfortenitly I'v not heard from Mr. Green, I left my e-mail. My guess is he may have benn a friend of Jhon's and/or Lynn. I did talk to an atterney, as it turns out it's not a cival matter, it a probate matter, so I just need to find a probat lawyer, for a resonable price & to find out if it's worth fighting for, if you ask me I think it is, cause it's the prinsaple of it all. I don't want Lynn to win.
Jess

Southport, Australia

#35 Mar 18, 2012
I used to live in Bremerton, WA, but have been living in Australia for the last 4 years. My brother in-law was asking about American style ribs and it got me thinking what was the best bbq sauce I used to love and HC Mudd came immediately to mind. I'm sorry to hear it's creator has passed on and the blend is no longer made. I hope the recipe comes back to the rightful family and this wonderful sauce soon comes back. I'm sure I will be keeping an eye on any new news on occasion in hopes of ordering a batch. Good luck to ya mate.
Tanya

Silverdale, WA

#36 May 25, 2012
Bring back the mudd......Please.
Catie

Los Angeles, CA

#37 May 25, 2012
Christopher Simonds wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortenitly I'v not heard from Mr. Green, I left my e-mail. My guess is he may have benn a friend of Jhon's and/or Lynn. I did talk to an atterney, as it turns out it's not a cival matter, it a probate matter, so I just need to find a probat lawyer, for a resonable price & to find out if it's worth fighting for, if you ask me I think it is, cause it's the prinsaple of it all. I don't want Lynn to win.
Dear Christopher,
Have you tried Legal Zoom dot com or something like that? I used them once and they were very good and at a reduced rate. I hope you are able to persevere. I would like to know how he "knows" he has the recipe, the right one. did he do some forensic analysis on the goods?
I wish yu luck and you might have to find him.. he may go into hiding from you while making the product..
Seems funny he was about to make it public and we have not heard anything more.
Take good care,
Catie
what time

Clarks Summit, PA

#38 May 27, 2012
is the BBQ
NWBBQR

Lynden, WA

#39 Jul 30, 2012
Any updates on the Hood Canal Mudd? When can we start buying it again?
KRoznos

Irvine, CA

#40 Oct 1, 2012
Any update on the Mudd? Just moved my dad from our family beach house near Central Market in Poulsbo WA. Tried to buy the family favorite bbq sauce and was told it was no longer available. Just came across this site and was getting excited that it seemed the product would be available again. But as sad now to see that there have been no posts since July. Hope that means that all legal issues are being resolved and that you are gearign up for production anf distribution. Please provide an update. I live in Irvine CA and would be happy to help introduce the MUDD here when you are ready.
Sherry

Kailua Kona, HI

#41 Dec 1, 2012
Add me to the list of mudd lovers. We met her at Silverdale Costco and bought her last four jars when she was looking for a new place to make it from. We suggested a business in Poulsbo but then the missing spice came up. I still have a wee dab in the freezer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Hoodsport Transfer Station Jul 16 bonnie 1
News Audits of businesses for illegal immigrants rising (Dec '12) Jul 7 popupmorebigothinny 19
UFO neat Stretch Island today @12:45 AM Jul 5 Miss Amber 1
taylor town fire june 22 2015 pm Jun '15 yesterday 3
Debate: Health Care - Shelton, WA (Jan '10) Jun '15 ABCs really 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Shelton, WA (Aug '10) Jun '15 No hate here, jus... 17
News Washington prisons running out of room (Apr '12) Jun '15 ILLEGALvs REALimm... 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union Mortgages