Christian License Place Could Come to South Carolina

A license plate with an image of a cross in front of a stained glass window with the words "I Believe" could be available to drivers in South Carolina under a bill that has won key approval in the Senate. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

#1 Apr 29, 2008
Great, it's been a long time coming. If the communist organization doesn't like, don't look at it.
Right On

West Columbia, SC

#2 Apr 29, 2008
what's a license place? The DMV office?
IGA

Darlington, SC

#3 Apr 29, 2008
The Muslims will want "Allah Ackbar".

The Jews may want "Le Chaim".

I'm sure other religions may want something too.

If the Christian organization doesn't like, don't look at it.

“Snowman, you got your ears on?”

Since: May 07

"Eastbound & Down"

#4 Apr 29, 2008
Right On wrote:
what's a license place? The DMV office?
LOL, same thing I was thinking
Sumter Citizen

Columbia, SC

#5 Apr 29, 2008
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
underhay

Lugoff, SC

#6 Apr 29, 2008
hey! will i be able to get a Flying Spaghetti Monster license plate?(this is too good to be true...)
Cookie

Columbia, SC

#8 Apr 29, 2008
Sumter Citizen wrote:
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
AMEN!! Let's hear it for "The Doxology"!!!
Elmer

Manning, SC

#9 Apr 29, 2008
unconstitutional. Will Satanist be able to get their own tag? If not, then it's unconstitutional.
really

Greenville, SC

#10 Apr 29, 2008
Tomfoolery wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw the Muslims and the Jews.
All Jesus showed to people was love, and you should do the same if you are a follower of Him. Remember, Jesus was Jewish.
MEMA

AOL

#11 Apr 29, 2008
I am a Christian. I would proud to put it on my car. WE need to stand tall for GOD.
SayWhat

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12 Apr 29, 2008
J E S U S! Yes!
Wondering

Florence, SC

#13 Apr 29, 2008
underhay wrote:
hey! will i be able to get a Flying Spaghetti Monster license plate?(this is too good to be true...)
Why not? Pastafarians deserve a license plate, too! Oh, don't forget those of us who celebrate Festivus, a Holiday for the Rest of Us!
Wondering

Florence, SC

#14 Apr 29, 2008
Tomfoolery wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw the Muslims and the Jews.
Wow! Is that how Jesus wants you to honor him???
Seriously

United States

#15 Apr 29, 2008
Elmer wrote:
unconstitutional. Will Satanist be able to get their own tag? If not, then it's unconstitutional.
It sounds like you want to stifle someone else's freedom of speech. THAT would be unconstitutional. If having the possibility of making the statement that "I believe." is unconstitutional, then so is any other statement--including someone's support for education, the environment, Carolina, Clemson, or UNC, etc. Perhaps the DMV should stop allowing those plates as well.

No, the constitution has ammendments that protect our freedom of speech and religion. It says that we are free to worship God however we please, and that we can tell others. It does not say that we cannot express our belief in God to others. Contrary to popular opinion (not the facts) separation of church and state is supposed to keep the state from interfering in religion--not the other way around.

On another note, I don't see anyone arresting those who have profanity emblazoned on their bumper stickers or t-shirts because that would be infringing on their freedom of speech. I don't want my children to read those words, but I cannot stop those who have no moral values from sticking them all over their car or shirt. And even though I don't agree with it or want that influencing my children, I have to respect their freedom of speech. If the person walking by me and my kids in the grocery store with the f- word on their shirt has their freedom of speech, then I want mine.
Wondering

Florence, SC

#16 Apr 29, 2008
really wrote:
<quoted text>
All Jesus showed to people was love, and you should do the same if you are a follower of Him. Remember, Jesus was Jewish.
Well said. For someone who claims to be Christian, he certainly doesn't sound as if he really follows what Christianity stands for. I was always told Jesus loved EVERYONE.
underhay

Lugoff, SC

#17 Apr 29, 2008
i vote for ONE license plate. these vanity plates have gotten out of hand. what's next? a tag honoring your favorite nascar driver?(ha! i know!)
Heather West Cola

Columbia, SC

#18 Apr 29, 2008
If they add one they have to add them all..
German American

Lexington, SC

#19 Apr 29, 2008
Halleluia!! I'll be in line to get mine. If we deny him on earth he will deny us in front of the father. There can be no fence sitters, if you talk the talk you MUST walk the walk. No such thing as a Sunday Christian. Say it loud and say it proud, I'm a child of the king!
SWEETIE PIE

Columbia, SC

#20 Apr 29, 2008
WITH YOU TOMFOOLERY
IGA

Darlington, SC

#21 Apr 29, 2008
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you want to stifle someone else's freedom of speech. THAT would be unconstitutional. If having the possibility of making the statement that "I believe." is unconstitutional, then so is any other statement--including someone's support for education, the environment, Carolina, Clemson, or UNC, etc. Perhaps the DMV should stop allowing those plates as well.
No, the constitution has ammendments that protect our freedom of speech and religion. It says that we are free to worship God however we please, and that we can tell others. It does not say that we cannot express our belief in God to others. Contrary to popular opinion (not the facts) separation of church and state is supposed to keep the state from interfering in religion--not the other way around.
On another note, I don't see anyone arresting those who have profanity emblazoned on their bumper stickers or t-shirts because that would be infringing on their freedom of speech. I don't want my children to read those words, but I cannot stop those who have no moral values from sticking them all over their car or shirt. And even though I don't agree with it or want that influencing my children, I have to respect their freedom of speech. If the person walking by me and my kids in the grocery store with the f- word on their shirt has their freedom of speech, then I want mine.
Well if they don't accommodate ALL religions then the state deserves to have the "communist organizations" taking them to court. Why is it Christians feel superior to other religions and deserve special privileges?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calvary Hill Girls Home Sep '14 JesusLovesYou 2
Tommy Pope to resign (Sep '06) Sep '14 Sad Justice - NC 44
Whitmire volleyball court completed Jul '14 Randy Lewis 1
Lookin for Jul '14 Davanna 1
Men say brother would not have threatened officers (Sep '06) Jul '14 Lol 6
Stephanie Borth -Scammer!!! (Dec '13) Jul '14 Zico 4
Large crowd turns out for Zaxby's grand opening (Jun '14) Jun '14 kelly15 1
Union Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Union People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Union News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Union

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:26 am PST

NBC Sports10:26AM
Panthers RB Williams probable vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
NBC Sports10:26 AM
Panthers RB Williams probable vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
ESPN10:41 AM
Panthers RB Stewart gets nod vs. Falcons
ESPN10:41 AM
Panthers RB Stewart gets nod vs. Falcons
NBC Sports11:09 AM
Falcons boosted by Julio Jones' return to practice - NBC Sports