Caught On Tape: Victim's Family Attacks TV Reporter

A reporter was attacked by members of a murder victim's family, and the whole thing was caught on tape by a TV news photographer. Full Story
SHAUNA

North Haven, CT

#1 Mar 12, 2008
JUST PLAIN SAD
Qritch

San Gabriel, CA

#2 Mar 12, 2008
When my daughter and I found my grandfather (murdered) and throughout the day the reporters and camera people were like vultures.. I could understand if they were asking to help solve the case or something but they were just trying to dramatize the issue.... they twisted our words horribly... then when I was having a very personal moment of grief I look up and there was this massive camera lens a couple buildings down pointed at us.... honestly I was enraged and almost jumped over the car to get at him.... how incredibly rude, to try to capture our sorrow our moment of turmoil to make a buck. I yelled at him and said, "if I see that picture anywhere, this scene will be nothing compared to what they'll find of him!" I am usually not a threatening person but I felt extremely violated.
Qritch

San Gabriel, CA

#3 Mar 12, 2008
sorry, the last word in the quote above should be "you" not "him" it still makes me very angry, and hurt to think about it. And it was 1995! So unless you've experienced something like that, don't judge, lest you will have to walk in the shoes of understanding... and the only true way to undertand something is to experience it. Save your self from the bad Karma and just pray for those you do not understand.
Patricia

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Mar 12, 2008
This is just another case of media jackals gorging themselves on people who deserve some privacy due to the extreme circumstances surronding them. It is about time somebody attacked one of these totally insensitive "reporters". Wish I was there to help slap a little more sense into her.
Steven

Greer, SC

#5 Mar 12, 2008
Stuck her nose some place where it dodn't belong....one too many times...too funny!
Joanne

Houston, TX

#6 Mar 12, 2008
It's about time that someone stuck up for themself with these vultures that enjoy watching and exploiting the pain of people who have lost a loved one, whose spouse has cheated, whatever.

My sympathies go out to the family who are now the victims after their loved one was victimized in the most ultimate way.

When these reporters get a conscience and a soul, maybe I might feel sorry for them.

Right now, I don't.
Weasel

Long Beach, CA

#7 Mar 12, 2008
Probably not the responses the media was hoping to see. Looks sort of unanimous that people are not very sympathetic to the reporter getting beat down. Sorry, but no support for this corner either.
Trashy Family

United States

#8 Mar 12, 2008
This family was clearly trash. Youve got the grandson killing the grandfather and then a bunch of low class looking women beating up a reporter. Like an episode of Jerry Springer. They can have their next family reunion in prison.
Not trashy

Westminster, MD

#9 Mar 13, 2008
Hey "Trashy Family," you do realize by choosing that name you're calling yourself trashy, right?
I don't condone using physical extremes when someone's being incredibly rude, which the reporter was and the family did. However, the reporter CLEARLY took at least two steps forward to hit the woman, she was rather aggressive in both her unprofessional approach at reporting and her fighting with the other woman. This kind of "reporting" is unheard of where I live, DC, here reporters earn their jobs by exemplifying professionalism and journalist ethics.
They sure were

Easley, SC

#10 Mar 14, 2008
Hey "not trashy", Im not sure how you all define it in MD, but around here, that family acted like common trash. You can tell they were just by looking at them, they didnt have to attack that reporter to prove it.
Cass

Taylors, SC

#11 Mar 14, 2008
Not trashy wrote:
Hey "Trashy Family," you do realize by choosing that name you're calling yourself trashy, right?
I don't condone using physical extremes when someone's being incredibly rude, which the reporter was and the family did. However, the reporter CLEARLY took at least two steps forward to hit the woman, she was rather aggressive in both her unprofessional approach at reporting and her fighting with the other woman. This kind of "reporting" is unheard of where I live, DC, here reporters earn their jobs by exemplifying professionalism and journalist ethics.
I believe this reporter was trying to defend herself. Who in their right mind is going to have three people punching them and not do anything at all? She still maintained her composure (in my opinion) Her behavior certainly didn't get out of hand. These people had no right whatsoever to attack her physically or verbally. This reporter was not trying to interview these people. If they wanted their "privacy" they could have gone inside their home. Instead, they decided to "parade" outside screaming and "jumping" this reporter at an attempt for "fifteen minutes of fame" as I said earlier. I may be wrong, but in the video I saw, there appeared to be a little girl right there with them during the attack. What an example to set for your child. And this family is TRASH (in my opinion).
Gryphon

Easley, SC

#12 Mar 14, 2008
Cass wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe this reporter was trying to defend herself. Who in their right mind is going to have three people punching them and not do anything at all? She still maintained her composure (in my opinion) Her behavior certainly didn't get out of hand. These people had no right whatsoever to attack her physically or verbally. This reporter was not trying to interview these people. If they wanted their "privacy" they could have gone inside their home. Instead, they decided to "parade" outside screaming and "jumping" this reporter at an attempt for "fifteen minutes of fame" as I said earlier. I may be wrong, but in the video I saw, there appeared to be a little girl right there with them during the attack. What an example to set for your child. And this family is TRASH (in my opinion).
I agree with you Cass. This reporter has a long history of professionalism...they weren't trying to get interviews with the family, they were merely doing the report with the background of the murder scene behind them.
Cass

Taylors, SC

#13 Mar 14, 2008
Gryphon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Cass. This reporter has a long history of professionalism...they weren't trying to get interviews with the family, they were merely doing the report with the background of the murder scene behind them.
Exactly!!!! Thanks :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sep 8 mossad was hacked 1,150
Calvary Hill Girls Home Sep 7 JesusLovesYou 2
Tommy Pope to resign (Sep '06) Sep 2 Sad Justice - NC 44
Whitmire volleyball court completed Jul '14 Randy Lewis 1
Lookin for Jul '14 Davanna 1
Men say brother would not have threatened officers (Sep '06) Jul '14 Lol 6
Stephanie Borth -Scammer!!! (Dec '13) Jul '14 Zico 4
•••
•••
•••

Union Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000