Guardsmen from S.C. play vital roles ...

Guardsmen from S.C. play vital roles at Camp Stone

There are 2 comments on the The State story from Aug 10, 2007, titled Guardsmen from S.C. play vital roles at Camp Stone. In it, The State reports that:

“At night, you might go to the MWR (computer) hut to check your e-mail or use the phone.”

HERAT, Afghanistan -- S.C. National Guard Staff Sgt. David Topper says you can't get any farther from Kabul than Camp Stone.

'Four hundred and three miles,' said the Allendale soldier. 'I measured it with my GPS.'

But the difference between the Herat and Kabul is measured in more than miles.

Kabul, Afghanistan's capital city, has 4.5 million people and piles of garbage along street curbs that are higher than a car. Many of its buildings are bombed-out shells or crumbling from neglect. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

Tiffany Dollinger

Temple, TX

#1 Apr 15, 2008
I didn't realize it was that far out from everything.
Broken Justice

Greer, SC

#2 Apr 22, 2008
I am very proud of the SC guardsmen that have served there. They are amazing people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pokemon Go Jul 31 Pikachu 1
Calvary Hill Girls Home (Jul '14) Jul '16 cathvarn 10
News Tommy Pope to resign (Sep '06) Apr '16 SheCoop 48
News Student Swipes Nude Photo SC Teacher Took for H... Mar '16 Fed Up 2
News Sumter sheriff to speak (Feb '16) Feb '16 KAREN 1
South Carolina Middle income is dying. (Feb '16) Feb '16 Pay Scale 1
News Nikki Haley: Yup, I meant Trump when I criticiz... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Riding the Range 1

Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union Mortgages