$400,000 bail for 2 teens charged wit...

$400,000 bail for 2 teens charged with pulling armed bank heist...

There are 30 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 29, 2008, titled $400,000 bail for 2 teens charged with pulling armed bank heist.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Two DeKalb County teenagers have been charged with robbing a bank in Huntley and attempting to rob a bank in Union in March, authorities said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Clifton Clowers

Rockford, IL

#3 Aug 29, 2008
Sound as if the accused criminals are not Hispanic or black. What will the hate mongers have to post?
THE JUDGE

Guttenberg, IA

#4 Aug 29, 2008
Mr. Logical... Do not take my friends name in vain again!!!
realist

Chicago, IL

#5 Aug 29, 2008
Why is that when reality and fact are discussed people are labeled 'Hate Mongers". How about the label Realist?
Hmmm

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Aug 29, 2008
Clifton Clowers wrote:
Sound as if the accused criminals are not Hispanic or black. What will the hate mongers have to post?
They don't post when it's their own.
not a lemming

Des Moines, IA

#7 Aug 29, 2008
Do any of you know these boys? Do you know their parents? How dare you judge either them or their parents with nothing other than a newpaper article support your ignorant opinions. Do you have ANY clue how many innocent people are convicted in this country?(neither do I, but it is a lot). Illinois has one of the worst wrongful conviction records in the country. Try thinking before pointing fingers and "getting off" on someone else's misfortune.
JRP

United States

#8 Aug 29, 2008
realist wrote:
Why is that when reality and fact are discussed people are labeled 'Hate Mongers". How about the label Realist?
Or narrow minded eejit perhaps?
not a lemming

Des Moines, IA

#11 Aug 29, 2008
thanks for making me laugh oh logical one!
Kevin stay off moparpup

AOL

#12 Aug 30, 2008
not a lemming wrote:
Do any of you know these boys? Do you know their parents? How dare you judge either them or their parents with nothing other than a newpaper article support your ignorant opinions. Do you have ANY clue how many innocent people are convicted in this country?(neither do I, but it is a lot). Illinois has one of the worst wrongful conviction records in the country. Try thinking before pointing fingers and "getting off" on someone else's misfortune.
How DARE you DARE us to DARE you to DARE us.) These Kids are most likely Guilty and will be Hardened Criminals by their mid 20`s thanks to people like you. I am so sick of this "OH they are good boys" " Oh they could have never done that" CRAP.
PaulKonerkoFan

AOL

#14 Aug 30, 2008
not a lemming wrote:
Do you have any CLUE if these "Kids" are innocent?? They are probably Guilty and for that they will be railed on and hopefully not slip through the cracks and punished well.
not a lemming

Des Moines, IA

#15 Aug 30, 2008
Kevin stay off moparpup wrote:
<quoted text>
How DARE you DARE us to DARE you to DARE us.) These Kids are most likely Guilty and will be Hardened Criminals by their mid 20`s thanks to people like you. I am so sick of this "OH they are good boys" " Oh they could have never done that" CRAP.
Actually I'm probably a lot more conservative and anti-crime than most of the people who post here. I just like to pretend we still have a constitution that actually means something in this country.
American

Chicago, IL

#16 Aug 31, 2008
I blame the parents
Clifton Clowers

Rockford, IL

#17 Aug 31, 2008
American wrote:
I blame the parents
Good Lord, a voice of reason amongst all the goofs. No matter the race, religion or culture raising good children is a parental resposibility.
cgamb

United States

#18 Aug 31, 2008
These kids are losers...they've been tearing up Hinckley for a long time now. Bout time they get thrown in prison. Hope to not see them back here.
cgamb

United States

#19 Aug 31, 2008
I live in Hinckley and know the kids as well as the parents....can you say LOSERS....
Logical wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh get over yourself already!
not a lemming

Des Moines, IA

#20 Aug 31, 2008
cgamb wrote:
I live in Hinckley and know the kids as well as the parents....can you say LOSERS....
<quoted text>
you obviously DON'T know them - but I've heard Hinkley is like that - small minded, bigoted, judgmental people. I'm sure they thought it just a nice little town when they moved there - kinda like Mayberry. Boy were they wrong.
Hinckley Hank

Franklin, MA

#21 Sep 2, 2008
I live in Hinckley and would not label our community "small minded, bigoted, judgmental people" -- I think "Not a Lemming" fills that definition. Most people here work closer to the city and picked this village because it is safe, friendly, and people like "Not a Lemming" do not live here. Kind of like the rest of America, we all avoid the "Not a Lemming" types.
As for the boys, they'll be residing in Stateville after the trial, and we all know how the felons they treat young men there...yep, there will be an auction for these two boys - highest bidder gets a new boy toy.
feedback

Gary, IN

#22 Sep 2, 2008
I do not blame the parents; most parents try their absolute best to raise their kids correctly, but there are some kids that have to learn the hard way. However we want to look at the kids for their stupidity, we can not conclude that it is the parents fault.
The1whospeaksthe truth

Chicago, IL

#23 Sep 2, 2008
If this is what your life consist of is reading news paper articles about teens who make mistakes you truly have no lives. I went to school with both of these boys. I myself have made stupid mistakes none this bad. I have had my name in the paper for being arrested and to talk poorly about these people when you A. don't know them, or B. think you know them is wrong. Yes, they were arrested but they are not yet found guilty. Get lives these are teens and they obviously need help, what they did was a cry for help. So will you help them or just sit here on your computers talking about them and their family's, and how the youth of today is corrupted by video games and music. You have no idea what it's like being a teen in Hinckley. Being watched by the cops 24/7 because they have nothing better to do, then to tell kids its 10pm you can't play basketball this late at night. What are you supposed to do go home and sit on your butt. Put something in the town give kids something to do so they don't turn to drug dealing and bank robbing to get money to go places to do things they can't do in this small pitiful town. I'm not saying it's all the towns fault but every last person in the town of Hinckley is to blame for this bad situation.
Clifton Clowers

Rockford, IL

#24 Sep 3, 2008
feedback wrote:
I do not blame the parents; most parents try their absolute best to raise their kids correctly, but there are some kids that have to learn the hard way. However we want to look at the kids for their stupidity, we can not conclude that it is the parents fault.
HUH?????
American

United States

#25 Sep 3, 2008
The1whospeaksthetruth wrote:
If this is what your life consist of is reading news paper articles about teens who make mistakes you truly have no lives. I went to school with both of these boys. I myself have made stupid mistakes none this bad. I have had my name in the paper for being arrested and to talk poorly about these people when you A. don't know them, or B. think you know them is wrong. Yes, they were arrested but they are not yet found guilty. Get lives these are teens and they obviously need help, what they did was a cry for help. So will you help them or just sit here on your computers talking about them and their family's, and how the youth of today is corrupted by video games and music. You have no idea what it's like being a teen in Hinckley. Being watched by the cops 24/7 because they have nothing better to do, then to tell kids its 10pm you can't play basketball this late at night. What are you supposed to do go home and sit on your butt. Put something in the town give kids something to do so they don't turn to drug dealing and bank robbing to get money to go places to do things they can't do in this small pitiful town. I'm not saying it's all the towns fault but every last person in the town of Hinckley is to blame for this bad situation.
Dear God!!! I had NO idea it was this bad in Hinckley!! These poor, poor children. May Heaven forgive my initial reactions. Who knew Hinckley was a Stalinist outpost? How can I help? Where can I send money? I hope to help get something in town like a library or school, so the vulnerable young of this town are not forced to rob and cheat and deal drugs, rather than sitting at home and studying or other futile exercises in self-improvement. I grew up poor working class on the west side of Chicago, and thought I had it rough, but clearly that was nothing compared to the tightly orchestrated fascism of small town America!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Willie 162
News 'Adopt a Family' offers Christmas assistance (Oct '08) Nov 16 Tammy shaffer 273
Thinking of you. (Oct '15) Oct '17 grim reaper 4
News Cary man facing charges for selling cocaine to ... Sep '17 Ex Lakemoor res 1
Good old Bobby G Aug '17 Theobald 1
News Coon Creek Country Days starts Thursday along S... Aug '17 MR M Benz 1
News Fight for $15 rallies part-time college professors (Apr '15) Sep '15 Poondar Patel 2

Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union Mortgages