Gasoline prices jump about 11 cents

Gasoline prices jump about 11 cents

There are 1 comment on the Rockford Register-Star story from Jul 6, 2006, titled Gasoline prices jump about 11 cents. In it, Rockford Register-Star reports that:

ROCKFORD - The price of regular unleaded gasoline spiked about 11 cents Wednesday to nearly $3.08 per gallon at some gas stations, reminding consumers in the Rock River Valley that geopolitical pressures can ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rockford Register-Star.

Elaine Rizleris

United States

#1 Jul 7, 2006
One voice is just a whisper. Until the voters realize that joining their voices together will be a shout to the politians that if they want our vote they must do something to resolve this problem. The problem is one of runaway greet: greedy oil companies, greedy station owners. As long as we remain silent and keep paying more and more, I guess we get what we deserve! I'm so tired of hearing: "there's nothing we can do about it". I for one am willing to do something. I'd like to organize a movement to send a message to all elected officials that this is a critical problem that needs their solution. As much as I don't like to say it, we need to reinstate some regulations on the oil industry. Deregulation was not supposed to be a blank check for economy-busting, greedy profit taking! As long as we keep electing these same do-nothing "public servants", they'll keep taking the oil money! What good will that money do them if we vote them out? Is anyone else out there ready to say: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not goint to take it anymore"? I wish I had the resources to print flyers and buy newspaper ads and anything else it would take to get a movement going. If anyone does, please contact me, I'll be a willing worker! erizleris@sbcglobal.net.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay cruising (Aug '16) Jan 13 Long 69 4
News Company wants to convert $5.2 million rural Woo... Jan 12 Anonymouse 18
News Woodstock man charged with criminal sex assault... Jan 9 Anonymouse 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Dec 25 CountryBoy 169
News 'Adopt a Family' offers Christmas assistance (Oct '08) Nov '17 Tammy shaffer 273
Thinking of you. (Oct '15) Oct '17 grim reaper 4
News Cary man facing charges for selling cocaine to ... Sep '17 Ex Lakemoor res 1

Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union Mortgages