Teacher's Strike Looms In Huntley

Teacher's Strike Looms In Huntley

There are 3 comments on the NBC 5 story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Teacher's Strike Looms In Huntley. In it, NBC 5 reports that:

A last-ditch meeting was held Friday in Huntley to avoid a teacher strike looming to begin on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5.

Albert

Gilbert, AZ

#1 Sep 13, 2008
It's time for the board to give the teachers what they deserve. The families of this community will be the ones who suffer in this debate. The fact that teachers are underpaid is even a discussion in the 2008 presidential campaign. Dismiss the Super for being dishonest and get on witheducating our children!
Money

Lafayette, IN

#2 Sep 14, 2008
It's time for the board to give the hard working teachers what they deserve. The Super and his associates I know received their pay raise, why not the ones who have earned it, THE TEACHERS. Dip into the reserves board. The only thing the strike will do is hurt our children and their education, the board should consider our children and not their own pockets.
Barb Huntley

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 15, 2008
I'm amazed that this topic is being ignored by so many people. This is education! Why don't people care? Teachers are the future of our children. For many children their teacher is the one constant,trusted adult in their life. They should be paid well and not have to strike for justice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary to pose as the Virgin Mary, pope plays ... Aug 18 Scotty Steiner 1
Why is the Kave bar Closed (Mar '13) Aug 11 FriendlyBeever 4
News Sun City sees spike in use of golf carts on str... (Aug '08) Aug 11 FriendlyBeever 11
Gay cruising Aug 9 Hitmeup 1
News Grasser, John J. (Jan '14) Aug 7 Bob 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jul 26 OldManBenny 72
Tammy Bussell (Apr '09) Jul '16 Tammy 2

Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union Mortgages