Middle-school student ordered to cover Marine Corps t-shirt or face suspension

Feb 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

A student attending Genoa-Kingston Middle School in Genoa, Ill., was reportedly told to cover up his Marine Corps-themed t-shirt or face suspension, Jim Hoft reported at the Gateway Pundit on Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Donnie Buchanan

Mars Hill, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

It is a shame that, in America, a student cannot show his pride in our fighting forces by wearing a U.S. Marines tee shirt. It is only because of our armed forces that our Nation has the legal right for him to do so. The school grounds do not stop our Constitutional rights, including the rights of free speech and expression. Today our Nation has many wonderful programs to help our veterans such as The Wounded Warriors Program and Harley's For Heros. I am thankful for these because my generation of soldiers did not have anything like these for I am a Vietnam Veteran. The 'rewards' we recieved were cursings and spit, and yet I still wear these in my heart as a Badge of Honor. The ones who expelled this young man should be ashamed of such a vile act. We need to promote the patriotic among us, especially the young. Why belittle anyone so young for such an act? I cannot begin to understand why anyone would want to silence the patriotism of another. My God bless America and may America again bless God.
Really

Elmhurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Here is the Link What a joke

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/26/father-w...
MR Benz

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

A little common sense goes along way, a picture of a gun on a shirt can not hurt anybody. A lot of state flags either have guns in them or weapons (arrows) are they banning the state flags, too.
Belinda Short

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

So none of you think its highly inappropriate for a kid to wear a shirt to school that has guns on it? Even when I was in high school in INDIANA 20 years ago we would not have been allowed to wear a shirt to school that had guns on it.

I own a gun and I believe in gun rights, I grew up in a military household. All that being said, if a school has a rule about certain things, they should be followed, and they shouldn't get a pass just because they say 'Marines' on it.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Belinda Short wrote:
So none of you think its highly inappropriate for a kid to wear a shirt to school that has guns on it? Even when I was in high school in INDIANA 20 years ago we would not have been allowed to wear a shirt to school that had guns on it.
I own a gun and I believe in gun rights, I grew up in a military household. All that being said, if a school has a rule about certain things, they should be followed, and they shouldn't get a pass just because they say 'Marines' on it.
So, following your reasoning, and the schools, how then do you teach the history of our country when the history books are full of Revolutionary War images, Civil War images, WW I, WWII and Vietnam that depict guns, cannons, tanks, rockets, etc?

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that liberalism is, in fact, a disease, a disease that is going to bring this country to its knees.
truthsayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Its a shirt, plain and simple. Some people need to grow up.
news flash

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Belinda would you be able to explain why a shirt with a pic ofa gun on it is innappropriate? In the 80's we could wear shirts with guns on them, concert t-shirts, and even "moosehead beer" jerseys and no one was offended or harmed by it. Liberals have turned the kids into whimps that need school cancelled if there is even a threat of snow and we will be expecting these whimps to defend our country some day soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Union Discussions

Search the Union Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min Chicagobunny 47,080
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 3 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,538
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,784
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sat Be kuel 505
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 1,808
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 638
IL Who do you support for Comptroller in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Apr 15 Rediculous 253
•••
•••
•••
•••

Union Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Union People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance