Hampshire Metra station

Hampshire Metra station

Posted in the Union Forum

Since: Mar 11

Franklin Park, IL

#1 Mar 9, 2011
Any chance of getting a Metra station in Hampshire?
1- We have a train line already thru town- I assume reachable from the Big Timber station tracks.

2- Elburn has a station- pop 5-6 thousand...so why can't Hampshire.

3- I can get home faster, and watch TV ! It's all about me.

4- Hampshire, Genoa, Burlington, Huntley, Pingree Grove, Gilberts, Elgin-sw end would supply commuters.
Kevin McDonough

United States

#2 Aug 19, 2013
It's more realistic to extend the line from Big Timber to Hampshire than Marengo because marrngo is on the CNW line not the Milwaukee road
Lisa

Elgin, IL

#3 Nov 18, 2013
a metra station would be wonderful since we currently have no public transportation here.
Cindy

Mode, IL

#4 Nov 19, 2013
Probably won't happen considering Genoa was already approved to get Amtrack as soon as the details are finalized. It will only have 3 stops. Chicago, Genoa, and Dubuque, Ia.
Kevin McDonough

Mount Prospect, IL

#5 Aug 26, 2014
Amtrak has completely rerouted the segment between Chicago and Rockford. It will run on the Milwaukee District West Line between Chicago and Elgin and the old C&NW line between Elgin and Rockford. Amtrak is bleeped up to change the route. Only a complete idiot would route that line through a branch line run by another railway. Change it back to the old route and extend commuter service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Sun SligieForMayor 179
News Jail, not prison time for former youth minister... (Apr '12) Feb 11 Dan Denton 3
News Hampshire fire district seeking property tax hike Feb 5 M BENZ 1
Gay cruising (Aug '16) Jan '18 Long 69 4
News Company wants to convert $5.2 million rural Woo... Jan '18 Anonymouse 18
News Woodstock man charged with criminal sex assault... Jan '18 Anonymouse 1
News 'Adopt a Family' offers Christmas assistance (Oct '08) Nov '17 Tammy shaffer 273

Union Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union Mortgages