Couple riding motorcycle killed in co...

Couple riding motorcycle killed in collision with car in Marsha...

There are 14 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Apr 26, 2010, titled Couple riding motorcycle killed in collision with car in Marsha.... In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

Alabama State Troopers say a Hartselle couple riding a motorcycle was killed in a collision with a car in Marshall County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

NO BLAME

Arab, AL

#1 Apr 26, 2010
so totally sad.
NO BLAME

Arab, AL

#2 Apr 26, 2010
Praying for the families of the deceased and for the children involved in the wreck.
saddened

Huntsville, AL

#3 Apr 26, 2010
I pulled up on the wreck right as it happened. It was very tragic, but at least the couple did not have to suffer for a long time. They both died on impact. I'm praying that the teens also involved did not sustain any other injury.
Kyle Orshoski

United States

#4 Apr 26, 2010
Miss u Jen and Doug, u guys always kept me on my feet and made me happy. Miss spending time w. U guys at ur old house. Love u both. R.I.P. :'(
shocked

United States

#5 Apr 26, 2010
Found out about this at work this morning. The motorcycle driver was one of my bosses. I really liked the guy, he was totally cool. =(
Harry Hydrick

New Market, AL

#6 Apr 26, 2010
The best part about riding motorcycles is that they are so much fun.
The most dangerous part about riding motorcycles is that they are so much fun.
Whatever the status of the kids in the car I'm certain that they are all alive and by definition, better off than the bikers.
Motorcycles are not called "donor cycles" by Emergency Room personnel for nothing.
Elizabeth

United States

#7 Apr 26, 2010
Memory Eternal, Douglas and Jennifer! May those who knew you find mercy peace acceptance strength and comfort in each other and their faiths!
Sister

Saint Petersburg, FL

#8 Apr 26, 2010
I love you Sis!
Ginx

Albertville, AL

#9 Apr 26, 2010
All the teenagers are fine, they have bumps, bruises, minor cuts, and scratches. None of them had to stay in the hospital. They all got x-rays and checked out from head to toe.
bama girl

Guntersville, AL

#10 Apr 26, 2010
My prayers are with the family of the lives that were lost. My prayers are also with the young man that was driving the car. I hope that God gives him the grace and strength that he needs to get through this trying time.
Amy

Navarre, FL

#11 Apr 26, 2010
saddened wrote:
I pulled up on the wreck right as it happened. It was very tragic, but at least the couple did not have to suffer for a long time. They both died on impact. I'm praying that the teens also involved did not sustain any other injury.
Did you see what caused the wreck?
Please Pray for them

Pierceton, IN

#12 Apr 26, 2010
This family was originally from Decatur Indiana.. the couple has 3 sons an a daughter.. they are my age.. the whole town of decatur is in deep sorrows for this loss. it was shocking to all of us to here. Please pray for the kids. two of the kids are only in highschool.. and a son is in middle school. the oldest is in college. they are going through hell with the loss.
Road Killer

Grammer, IN

#13 Apr 26, 2010
the sad thing is life insurance won't pay since they died on their bikes so they really left the kids with nothing,
Fortunate parent

United States

#14 Apr 26, 2010
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see what caused the wreck?
My daughter was one of the teens in the car... she said the bike appeared to 'wobble' just before veering into their lane. There is a slight right hand curve in the road where it happened, but we are guessing that they caught a large gust of crosswind that blew them over into the oncoming lane. It was extremely gusty/windy yesterday... so windy, in fact, that the guy who towed the car in said he had ridden his bike in to work, intending to go riding later, but took it back home at noon due to the windy conditions. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family. We are very sorry for their loss. Please accept our condolences...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim and Mary Butler Aug 31 Curious 1
Do Arab women like white men? Aug 7 know it all 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Union Grove, AL (Jan '12) Oct '12 no big O 12
Union Grove Obits (Apr '12) Apr '12 VietVetYf 4
News Group to proceed with meth transitional fac. (Jun '06) Feb '12 Yori 19
Looking for Rita Smith (Nov '11) Nov '11 Leatherneck 1
Tornado Relief Efforts (Apr '11) Apr '11 TopMod15 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union Grove Mortgages