Troy Citizen

Jackson, TN

#1 Feb 14, 2013
Who read the Troy Mtg that was in Tuesday paper? I think Ms Chappel needs to be the Mayor of Troy, she knows her business. She also knows what Jimmy Hart is up to something and that all of his cards are Not on the table. The new Cheif of Police needs to be Larry Farley and that is what Ms Chappel said. I think Jimmy Hart wants his grand daughters (Mandy) new husband Mr Callens to be Cheif of Police. I bet he hasnt told them what was up his sleeve he is trying to pull a fast one over on the board of Alderman , he isnt being honest.
employee 1

Grand Junction, TN

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Troy Citizen wrote:
Who read the Troy Mtg that was in Tuesday paper? I think Ms Chappel needs to be the Mayor of Troy, she knows her business. She also knows what Jimmy Hart is up to something and that all of his cards are Not on the table. The new Cheif of Police needs to be Larry Farley and that is what Ms Chappel said. I think Jimmy Hart wants his grand daughters (Mandy) new husband Mr Callens to be Cheif of Police. I bet he hasnt told them what was up his sleeve he is trying to pull a fast one over on the board of Alderman , he isnt being honest.
Larry should be the new chief. He deserves it. Mrs. Chappel is right in everything she quoted at the board meeting. Mrs Chappel was voted by the people of Troy and we want Larry as our Chief and that what we should get. Larry filled in while Mr Cleek was out and done a good job so why should he not be given the chance to serve our town as the chief. The mayor has been in office to long we need a new voice in our sleepy little town. You go Mrs Chappell. Let the people of our town decide who we want as Chief. I would think most people would say Larry.
Troy Resident

United States

#4 Feb 15, 2013
employee 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry should be the new chief. He deserves it. Mrs. Chappel is right in everything she quoted at the board meeting. Mrs Chappel was voted by the people of Troy and we want Larry as our Chief and that what we should get. Larry filled in while Mr Cleek was out and done a good job so why should he not be given the chance to serve our town as the chief. The mayor has been in office to long we need a new voice in our sleepy little town. You go Mrs Chappell. Let the people of our town decide who we want as Chief. I would think most people would say Larry.
I agree with everything you have said. Well done!!
fing69

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2013
Troy Resident wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with everything you have said. Well done!!
the only problem is he is ignorant
Troy Resident

United States

#6 Feb 15, 2013
Mayor Hart is an arrogant ass; and shows it everytime he is out in the public in Troy.
JoJo The Town Clown

Collierville, TN

#7 Feb 15, 2013
Larry should be the next Chief. He is very deserving of this and will do a good job. My opinion in two years we need to clean City Hall out and elect a new bunch.
get real

United States

#8 Feb 15, 2013
JoJo The Town Clown wrote:
Larry should be the next Chief. He is very deserving of this and will do a good job. My opinion in two years we need to clean City Hall out and elect a new bunch.
Do you people really think you need a chief of police who is trying to cover up a murder charge that killed a good citizen of obion county. I would be wanting someone I could trust and work for the people and not the chosen few.
check

Martin, TN

#9 Feb 15, 2013
well wrote:
who cares? oh thats right, no one cares. This is uc forum
Ok, if you get on the Troy site, for some reason, things post in both. Now with that being said, I highly doubt he is 'covering up a murder' for his son. As bad as I hate to say this, I don't quite think he is smart enough to do that. I know, I know 'how did he get there before the ambulance did all the way from Troy?' I've kept up with all the comments since the accident. Does anyone really know if he was even in Troy when his son called him? Probably not. There's lots if speculation. Just like everyone trying to say that the Obion Co sheriff dept isn't doing their job. This happened in Weakley Co not Obion Co.
fing69

Dawson Springs, KY

#10 Feb 15, 2013
Good o boy yea but he is dumb he can't change that. If you check with anyone in law enforcement he is just slow. Check with the courts, go listen to him in court look at the way he looks.
tired

Grand Junction, TN

#11 Feb 15, 2013
Im tired of Jimmie Hart as mayor, we need new blood. Not the blood thats in there now, he needs to be out.... I think we need a new start and put Ms Chappel as mayor, she will make them aldermen walk the chalk.....
Sam

Grand Junction, TN

#12 Feb 15, 2013
I think Larry deserves the job as Chief. The people of Troy wants him to have the job. He already knows the job because he has filled in for Cleek when he was on medical leave. Larry is good to everyone he meets. The mayor of Troy should be proud we have Larry on our police force.
Don

United States

#13 Feb 16, 2013
Larry would do a hell of a job as chief he's paid his dues.
Passion

Humboldt, TN

#14 Feb 24, 2013
He is a good mayor and has been in office for years. He is elected by the people. Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes so, quit hating and get a life.

Jackson, TN

#15 Feb 24, 2013
It is time for a fresh start.When someone is in office to long,things begin to get stagnent.I would like to see everyone replaced from the mayor on down.
Hahaha

Stanton, TN

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Stagnant hell rigamortous set in about ten years ago.
key rd dude

Hickory Flat, MS

#17 Mar 10, 2013
I have lived outside of troy for most of my life. I do feel that Mayor Hart is an arrogant self absorbed ass. Mrs. Chappel was one of my teachers in school and she is a great person. I have much respect for her and believe she would make an awesome mayor. I also think there are some really good people on the board with her including hoyt sampson and lew soloman. I wouldnt mind any of them being the mayor.
Chappel For Mayor

United States

#18 Mar 11, 2013
She is fair and keeps things moving. She doesn't care who belongs to what family. It seems that things in Troy are stuck in the 80s. It is definitely time for a change......for the better. I heard that a cop got in trouble for writing the mayors relative a ticket and because the cop wouldn't get rid of the ticket ironically enough was fired shortly after. I was also told that the mayor refused to allow friends of a lifelong resident to have a collection when this person suddenly got sick yet just a few weeks later allowed the community club to do a collection. I thought Troy was where "nice people live". I think the sign needs to be changed. How can you have a sign saying nice people live here when the leader of the town refuses to help out a citizen. Yep...definitely time for a hange.
susie

Memphis, TN

#19 Mar 18, 2013
I think Mr Hart is a very good man and a very wise man.He has done a really good job for our town.
Really

United States

#20 Mar 21, 2013
Callens, chief of police!!! What a joke
Read this article about him, never saw this in the messenger.
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/tennessee/tn...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
union city not worth a darn 1 hr uc blows 12
centerpoint piss test? (Jan '15) 1 hr pathetic sheep 12
Omg making love to a cracker 6 hr Brittany 13
Crawfishin 11 hr couldnt go 1
Jonathan Ogden (Dec '14) 12 hr Resident 12
Obion County Director of Schools 12 hr Info 1
Roll Your Own 16 hr Guest too 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages