Guest 1

Union City, TN

#226 Aug 14, 2010
Child support should be used what its intended for, to provide for the child. There should be a law that the paying father should be able to have a certain percent of what he pays set aside into some sort of savings account, so his child will have a few dollars when older, these moms blow the child support on their needs or some deadbeat guy that is not worth a crap. Wake up Tennessee
youdoit

Benton, KY

#227 Aug 14, 2010
Guest 1 wrote:
Child support should be used what its intended for, to provide for the child. There should be a law that the paying father should be able to have a certain percent of what he pays set aside into some sort of savings account, so his child will have a few dollars when older, these moms blow the child support on their needs or some deadbeat guy that is not worth a crap. Wake up Tennessee
First of all I do believe that the parent who doesn't have the child all of the time should ABSOLUTELY PAY CHILD SUPPORT!! Second, I think that this is the smartest comment made so far. I totally agree with everything you said and I would like to add that it is not intended for the mother to go get her fix or her hair or nails done. It is for taking care of and providing for the child. Also, the mother should be MADE to work to help support the child and not only live off of child support, welfare checks and food stamps. My husband pays child support and this is exactly how she is. No job, complains about how much he is set to pay and hell I wish I could sit on my ass and let the state take care of me. Well I take that back, no I don't... people like that are worthless! Thank goodness for the state welfare system and child support.. some people might not survive without it! HAHA
TnChildSupportIs AJoke

Louisville, KY

#228 Aug 18, 2010
In Tennessee if you are married to or get married to someone who pays or owes child support you Do NOT have to pay it if they don't or pay it for them. Your income does not count any longer in this great state!
THATSTHEWAYITSHO ULDBE

Benton, KY

#229 Aug 18, 2010
Well, I think that my income should not be considered in my husbands child support! I would like to hear why you think it should be? And you are right, it is a joke... they only go after the ones they know will pay what they are suppose to and then all of the dead beats who never pay a penny get a slap on the wrist. But you let someone who pays every month miss a day and they go to jail... That's a joke! And no, I am not talking about my husband but we were in the courthouse and a man came out and said he was over 10,000 dollars behind so they are making him pay 5 dollars a month... that is it!!! AND he was complaining about it!!!! wtf?
TnChildSupportIs AJoke

Louisville, KY

#230 Aug 19, 2010
UC Attorney I judged your post as Brilliant! You got it right! Those girls up there know nothing and do nothing,neither does the State (Nashville) nor the obion County Court system! It's all a joke! I have been wanting to go public for years now as they have "screwed me around" for over 20 years all together on 3 children. I am looking into legal action currently against the State of Tennesee and the Obion County Child Support Office. I have proof that they do nothing! I got a paper in the mail once that stated my case had been closed because I was never a resident of the state of Tennessee...WOW I have Court Docket Numbers for that case that was/is on file at the courthouse proving that they "don't do their job'. So,I am thinking hmmm the state owes me for ALL the child support :)
They do not enforce anything in Tennessee except taking Drivers Licenses and Passport Priveledges...well anyone who don't want to pay for their child probably could less about them 2 being taken,so what does that prove? Our system is screwed!
My son's Dad has been in jail almost a year and did they know this? No! I had to go tell them 8 months later. You know they have such a great system that updates these findings HAHA! They sit over there and eat all day! They can't get a "good' address because when you inform them of a 'good' address it takes them months to get any letters out to that address,by that time anyone could move a couple more times.
Also,the Treasury Offset Program which intercepts tax returns/refunds for owed arreages is automatically done around the ending of every year and if you have any coming you receive it in the summer of the next year. However,this "Miss Know It All" at Maximus tried to tell me that if the Father/Mother does not file a tax return then there is no money to receive.LOL Does she know how dumb that made her look? Why would the state intercept it before filing time then? And how have I received them in the past when the Father was in jail during filing time?

(((****How will you know if your tax refund has been certified to be intercepted?
If you're behind in child support payments and you've been certified for interception of your taxes, your name will be placed on a list of such persons. Before the end of the year, you'll receive a letter notifying you of the certification and of the intent to intercept your tax refund. That letter will explain some of the rights you have.****)))

Page 8 of the Tennessee Child Support Handbook states the following:
- Your case will be submitted to the federal Treasury Offset Program if it meets certain conditions. The Treasury Offset Program includes, but is not limited to,the interception of federal tax refunds and certain other federal payments and passport denial. If your case is submitted for this program, there is no guarantee that we will collect any money. Also, federal law restricts the way these collections are paid out.

All in all the facts are if you choose to have a child always be prepared to be able to provide 100% of the support for your child because if you use the "free" services provided by the state the other parent is free from ever paying you a dime or going to jail for it!

ALSO UC ATTORNEY CAN YOU DO DIVORCES? I am looking for an affordable attorney to divorce this 9 year non paying Father of my Son and possible take his parental rights being that he is serving jail time of one year plus one day.....
i agree

United States

#231 Aug 20, 2010
i do agree.child support of union city is a joke.they do not care if they get papers served or not.they say they run social security numbers in the system all the time, well if thats the case why do i always have to report where my ex is working and where he lives.but dont worry they are good at taking out $25 of the child check if they ever recieve one. they take this out once a year. if you only get 1 check or one every week. something should be done and the laws need to be reworked.
Anonymous

Memphis, TN

#232 Aug 21, 2010
The state of Tennessee doesnt seem to care for there children! You go to Kentucky and they don't play games with dead bit parents! You play you pay and the kids shouldn't go without due to a sorry basterd!!!
Anonymous

Memphis, TN

#233 Aug 21, 2010
i agree wrote:
i do agree.child support of union city is a joke.they do not care if they get papers served or not.they say they run social security numbers in the system all the time, well if thats the case why do i always have to report where my ex is working and where he lives.but dont worry they are good at taking out $25 of the child check if they ever recieve one. they take this out once a year. if you only get 1 check or one every week. something should be done and the laws need to be reworked.
Oh I believe you there! I have to do the same thing and the courts always say next your going to jail. Well 6 years later I'm still waiting
LRA

Hawesville, KY

#234 Aug 21, 2010
My ex is over 20,000 behind, but it doesn't matter, because he knows the system. If he pays one dollar every 90 days, he keeps his rights. He has never been to jail, liscense suspended, nothing. Judge Malone is sorriest judge there ever was.
english major

Huntingdon, TN

#235 Aug 23, 2010
Maybe you people aren't getting your child support because you misspelled your address.
amazed

Martin, TN

#236 Aug 23, 2010
english major wrote:
Maybe you people aren't getting your child support because you misspelled your address.
do you get joy out of belittling ppl? does it make you feel like somebody? oh & as far as the redneck statement you made, i think i will call you a hoe! especially if you are from jackson!!!!!
TnChildSupportIs AJoke

Louisville, KY

#237 Aug 23, 2010
My ex is close to $50,000.00 behind as of this month.
The way I see it he is my child and I love him regardless and he will always be well taken care of :)If my ex never pays a dime then he is the one who has to live with it not me. But I will not stop until I get under every employee of the Tennessee Child Support systems skin :)
Tennessee is a Non Support State LOL
english major

Huntingdon, TN

#238 Aug 23, 2010
Hi, amazed,
I'm just bored and this website is amusing. And you may call me any kind of gardening tool you wish, it doesn't bother me.
MissMaybe

Morristown, TN

#239 Aug 24, 2010
english major wrote:
Maybe they forgot to prove that he was the father? Maybe they just forgot to put a stamp on the envelope? Maybe they are all cheating whoores that got themselves in these messes to begin with? Just Maybe?
MissMaybe

Morristown, TN

#240 Aug 24, 2010
english major wrote:
Hi, amazed,
I'm just bored and this website is amusing. And you may call me any kind of gardening tool you wish, it doesn't bother me.
Maybe he is just bored and this website is amusing? Maybe you can call him any kind of gardening tool you wish ? Maybe it doesn't bother him ? Maybe he likes being called names ? Just maybe?
sucks

United States

#241 Sep 8, 2010
tn sucks
take on

Tarentum, PA

#242 Sep 19, 2010
wondering wrote:
I was wondering if a person owes child support and gets married does the new spouse then become responable for the child support also???
if you marry someone then you take on what they owe.
UCda

Alcoa, TN

#243 Oct 21, 2010
TnChildSupportIsAJoke wrote:
UC Attorney I judged your post as Brilliant! You got it right! Those girls up there know nothing and do nothing,neither does the State (Nashville) nor the obion County Court system! It's all a joke! I have been wanting to go public for years now as they have "screwed me around" for over 20 years all together on 3 children. I am looking into legal action currently against the State of Tennesee and the Obion County Child Support Office. I have proof that they do nothing! I got a paper in the mail once that stated my case had been closed because I was never a resident of the state of Tennessee...WOW I have Court Docket Numbers for that case that was/is on file at the courthouse proving that they "don't do their job'. So,I am thinking hmmm the state owes me for ALL the child support :)
They do not enforce anything in Tennessee except taking Drivers Licenses and Passport Priveledges...well anyone who don't want to pay for their child probably could less about them 2 being taken,so what does that prove? Our system is screwed!
My son's Dad has been in jail almost a year and did they know this? No! I had to go tell them 8 months later. You know they have such a great system that updates these findings HAHA! They sit over there and eat all day! They can't get a "good' address because when you inform them of a 'good' address it takes them months to get any letters out to that address,by that time anyone could move a couple more times.
Also,the Treasury Offset Program which intercepts tax returns/refunds for owed arreages is automatically done around the ending of every year and if you have any coming you receive it in the summer of the next year. However,this "Miss Know It All" at Maximus tried to tell me that if the Father/Mother does not file a tax return then there is no money to receive.LOL Does she know how dumb that made her look? Why would the state intercept it before filing time then? And how have I received them in the past when the Father was in jail during filing time?
(((****How will you know if your tax refund has been certified to be intercepted?
If you're behind in child support payments and you've been certified for interception of your taxes, your name will be placed on a list of such persons. Before the end of the year, you'll receive a letter notifying you of the certification and of the intent to intercept your tax refund. That letter will explain some of the rights you have.****)))
Page 8 of the Tennessee Child Support Handbook states the following:
- Your case will be submitted to the federal Treasury Offset Program if it meets certain conditions. The Treasury Offset Program includes, but is not limited to,the interception of federal tax refunds and certain other federal payments and passport denial. If your case is submitted for this program, there is no guarantee that we will collect any money. Also, federal law restricts the way these collections are paid out.
All in all the facts are if you choose to have a child always be prepared to be able to provide 100% of the support for your child because if you use the "free" services provided by the state the other parent is free from ever paying you a dime or going to jail for it!
ALSO UC ATTORNEY CAN YOU DO DIVORCES? I am looking for an affordable attorney to divorce this 9 year non paying Father of my Son and possible take his parental rights being that he is serving jail time of one year plus one day.....
this is a good one
jverner

San Antonio, TX

#244 Apr 18, 2012
For information about child support in Tennessee visit http://www.childsupportweb.com/cse/statepages...
FYI

Jackson, TN

#245 Apr 27, 2012
Giving up your parental rights does not relieve you from your financial obligation to the child.(not may not - DOES NOT) The financial obligation continues until such time as the child is adopted. Termination of parental rights is designed to be a prerequisite to the adoption process and is not normally done unless there is someone ready to adopt the child.

"Peaceful" - the state (with the exception of children's services) will not have a parent's rights terminated. That is something that has to be done through a private attorney or directly through the court system.

People get by without paying because even after they have been taken to court, the judge may find them in contempt but always seems to feel the need to give them another chance. Unfortunately, in the state of Tennessee, you cannot simply sign a warrant for an arrest for failure to pay child support. Agree or disagree, that is a fact.

"Tennessee_Chic" - I hope that your "guy" complained to the supervisor of the office about the person being unprofessional. Things never change if people only complain to their friends and not to the ones in charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child Support Causing Poverty in Noncustodial H... (Mar '13) 9 hr Ignorant 590
Charlottesville, Virginia statue of Robert E. L... 10 hr Obama 6
Game stop 12 hr Local 7
Calling on Verizone 12 hr CityJudge 2
Onion county central supports racism 12 hr guest 24
George Washington was a slave owner 17 hr guest 7
Williams Sausage 22 hr WS treats me well 41

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance