Attorney

Memphis, TN

#205 Apr 8, 2010
PutASmileOn wrote:
Actually just because you have your parental rights signed over does not take away the obligation to pay child support it just takes away the visitation. And makes it to where the parent has sole and complete custody.the non custodial parent still has to pay the child support. The only way the child support stops is if the mom or dad remarries and the new step father legally adopts the child.
Actually that's not true. A parent can give up rights to his or her child and that hereby releases them from the obligation to pay child-support or anything else that is court-ordered. It also takes away his right to see his biological child.
reality

United States

#206 Apr 8, 2010
Child support is just like any other welfare: a government ordered transfer of wealth from men to women.

It should be abolished.
The Ugly Truth

Memphis, TN

#208 Apr 8, 2010
reality wrote:
Child support is just like any other welfare: a government ordered transfer of wealth from men to women.
It should be abolished.
Seriously? You sound like a true misogynist. Look it up.
The Ugly Truth

Memphis, TN

#207 Apr 8, 2010
Amother wrote:
<quoted text>this is terrible! anyone who would just sign off their rights does NOT deserve a child, or any rights to them...
And that's exactly what they get when they sign off on their child -- they won't have them anymore, or the responsibility.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#209 Apr 9, 2010
reality wrote:
It should be abolished.
You must owe someone child support. If not you would not feel this way.. Either that or you are just a big deadbeat..
reality

Morocco, IN

#210 Apr 11, 2010
Women, when they are "custodial parents," pay no child support to the court as do the men. In fact, child support is a supplement to their income. None of it goes to the child. The man is the only one who pays when the woman is the custodial parent.

Often, women use child support to support themselves. No job, no investments. Just living off their baby's daddy and children's money. Nice.

The man, on the other hand, has worked for his money. He has pays the unjust income taxes and SS taxes on his money. Then he forks it over to his ex, giving her a free ride. Although she is not the one who worked for the money, she pays no income or SS taxes on the money. She does not have to account to the court for the money, as is required in every other court use of minor money. She can spend it on her bar hopping, crack habits, whatever.

As the woman did not even work for the child support she receives, it would not hurt her to pay the taxes on it. But child support is a wealth transfer from men to women.

Furthermore, the man's income taxes go to the woman to pay for AFDC, which encourages women to spit out more babies to continue this vicious cycle. This is a scourge on society: the prison system, the school system, and the justice system. And the man's SS taxes already go to the woman to pay for her misbehaving "ADHD" children for whom she receives SSI while the child is still in school. She is keeping a "bad kid farm" and being paid handsomely by men's taxes for it.

Time does not permit me to address WIC, food stamps and other welfare already paid by men.

Child support is just like any other welfare: a government-ordered transfer of wealth from men to women.

It should be abolished.
Gangster

United States

#212 Apr 11, 2010
reality wrote:
Women, when they are "custodial parents," pay no child support to the court as do the men. In fact, child support is a supplement to their income. None of it goes to the child. The man is the only one who pays when the woman is the custodial parent.
Often, women use child support to support themselves. No job, no investments. Just living off their baby's daddy and children's money. Nice.
The man, on the other hand, has worked for his money. He has pays the unjust income taxes and SS taxes on his money. Then he forks it over to his ex, giving her a free ride. Although she is not the one who worked for the money, she pays no income or SS taxes on the money. She does not have to account to the court for the money, as is required in every other court use of minor money. She can spend it on her bar hopping, crack habits, whatever.
As the woman did not even work for the child support she receives, it would not hurt her to pay the taxes on it. But child support is a wealth transfer from men to women.
Furthermore, the man's income taxes go to the woman to pay for AFDC, which encourages women to spit out more babies to continue this vicious cycle. This is a scourge on society: the prison system, the school system, and the justice system. And the man's SS taxes already go to the woman to pay for her misbehaving "ADHD" children for whom she receives SSI while the child is still in school. She is keeping a "bad kid farm" and being paid handsomely by men's taxes for it.
Time does not permit me to address WIC, food stamps and other welfare already paid by men.
Child support is just like any other welfare: a government-ordered transfer of wealth from men to women.
It should be abolished.
My suggestion for all the dead beat daddys is "USE A CONDOM"!!!!
Jumbojive

United States

#213 Apr 14, 2010
Pay up deadbeats!
Curious

Memphis, TN

#214 May 10, 2010
What happens to the chils support you owe if you're laid off?
Curious

Memphis, TN

#215 May 10, 2010
i mean *child
UC Mom

Alcoa, TN

#216 May 11, 2010
UC Attorney wrote:
The post above is from me. Using a different computer, and it defaulted to someone else's name.
Dear UC Attorney,what are the laws for someone who is behind in child support?I think they take the income tax if more than 500.00 behind.But what about drivers licence and hunting licence what can they do to someone who is alot of money behind and why won't they do anything?
GreatDay

Alcoa, TN

#217 May 17, 2010
If you pay child support on a child that is 18 and
goes to central high school.They graduate May 21
your child support will run to the end of May and then
it's over!!!!!!!
Call and remind them!!!!Or they may keep taking it
out!!
what

United States

#218 May 17, 2010
my comment is for reality.what the crap are you saying.i am a mom that gets no child support and when i did the amount did not come close to covering the cost of raising a child.mothers or fathers(who are raising the kids) should understand what i am talking about.by the time you buy clothes,food,books,daycare,hai rcuts,doctor bills,medicine and any activities children do the price goes way over most child support payments.the problem is men or women have children and then walk away and dont want to pay a dime on helping support the kids.there are a few good dads or moms that do not mind helping support the children and i praise them, for the others that whine about having to pay oh well pay or sit in jail because you helped make the baby so take some responsibity. if you dont care if the children have everything they need why do we care if you got what you need.

United States

#219 May 18, 2010
I don't have a problem paying child support. That is my child and my responsibility. Even after the amount I pay, sometimes she may need more. Unexpected expenses do occur and I don't like the people that say I pay so much and they not getting anymore. All of us have had the too much month at the end of the money feeling.
greatday

Alcoa, TN

#220 May 19, 2010
GreatDay wrote:
If you pay child support on a child that is 18 and
goes to central high school.They graduate May 21
your child support will run to the end of May and then
it's over!!!!!!!
Call and remind them!!!!Or they may keep taking it
out!!
May the 21 OCCH graduation!When she gets that paper in her hand.You will get a check until the end of May,then you have to buy your own beer.I think it's like to more checks drink up!
-YesYes-

Alcoa, TN

#221 May 21, 2010
OCCHS graduates tonight!!!!!!!!!
Child support is down to maybe two checks!!!
DRINK UP!!!!
ladyluck

Memphis, TN

#222 May 25, 2010
my daughters biological father was going to sign his rights over to stop the payment of his child support but when he found out he still owed a ton in back pay he hanged his mind an my 4 year old knows him as other daddy because he never see her but im married to a great man that loves her an wants her to be his legally an the worst part is is that he just had another baby with a minor he is 23 an she is 15 that is sick to me an i hope she understands he will not be there for that baby soooo sad
Remarried

Monterey, TN

#223 May 25, 2010
Just because a person remarries does not mean that the person he marries has to help pay his child support too. I know after being married & my husband pays child support that they cant take it out of my check & at the end of the year when we file taxes together if they try to take any part of mine for his back child support (which is now paid off) there is a paper you file that wont let them take any of your income tax out for his child support. its as simple as that really. just talk to an h & r block rep. they will inform you of all that.
sHANNON sMITH

Spring Hill, TN

#224 Aug 13, 2010
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>whats yours is his,and whats his is yours ! PAY UP !

They only 2 people who are liable are the ones who made the child.
sHANNON sMITH

Spring Hill, TN

#225 Aug 13, 2010
lucky chick wrote:
<quoted text>
You must owe someone child support. If not you would not feel this way.. Either that or you are just a big deadbeat..
This is the feelings of most, notice he kept saying the mom gets this, that.

This for your child!

If it were for her we call it alimony!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tarren Simpson 48 min Hit it 13
People that are deceased from Union City High S... 2 hr Xoxo 1
JR's Auto Sales 123 East Main St. Union City, TN (Feb '11) 5 hr Poot 85
Divorced Dads 5 hr Too bad 19
Dots bar 7 hr I know 1
Bill Simrell A.K.A. "The Bully" 8 hr I know 8
Barry james 8 hr I know 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages