wreck on the hornbeak highway
Bobby Gardner

Macon, GA

#181 Jan 16, 2012
Jesus said,

"He who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Nobody was stoned that day.

The courts and their officers will be held accountable if there is known injustice given by any. In that fact (we as Christians) hold to our faith.

God is a just God. Ours is not to seek revenge.

Having anyone held accountable for wrong doing is not revenge. It is the power of laws. None of which would exist if it were not for a God who gave laws to man.

Another passage from the Bible states:

Pray for your enemies. If you have an enemy in anyone involved in this accident, then you need to pray for them. Remember, you are not without sin also. Some of us do not need to be reminded of the latter verse, but obviously some do.

Bobby Gardner
Ole faithful

United States

#182 Jan 16, 2012
Bobby Gardner wrote:
<quoted text>
Whichwayisit posted the following statement: "See last sentence." About Police report.
To Whichwayisit (from a hidden location) Why are you hiding?
If you know of a police report which is public, then post it. After all, it is public. If not, then don't state something is on a police report without having proof of such. That is how people are led to believe something as fact, when no proof has been given. Only a statement.
Some say the glass is half full, while others say it is half empty. Either "may" be correct, but the fact of the matter is the glass has something in it, and unless the substance is identified by a competent person, one can only speculate as to what the substance in the glass is.
No Police reports or websites to this accident have been posted here that I have seen.
Bobby Gardner
You seriously need to shut the ....up! Stop preaching to us about your precious law enforcement gods "taking care of everything". We don't happen to have much faith in our so called law enforcers at the moment. See, when you live in a place where there are whole shifts of corrupt cops, you kind of lose faith in them. We also are smart enough to know the "professionals" you keep speaking of that are HIRED (yep u even said it) in a courtroom are nothing but paid liars. Lets not forget about a half a billion dollar potfarm growing right under their noses. Save the preaching for your cop peanut gallery! Cops also lie on police reports sometimes so basing facts on that is nothing but a joke.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#183 Jan 16, 2012
Bobby, Below are several references made to the accident/crash report. Also referenced is the Trooper by name and THP. Some of them also state he crossed lanes. So stop gettin on to me about "where's the reports"? I know what I am reading. Why are you choosing to not stand up for your friend? why are you defending the one who harmed him and others? with excuses? I don't understand you. I am not hiding. I choose to keep my personal information to myself as Topix suggests. Please see below, whether you want to accept it or not, the truth is TN caused this crash by speeding and crossing the lane.

"The crash is still under investigation and citation and criminal charges are pending." - Dyersburg State Gazette.

"The Tennessee Highway Patrol crash report states Naifeh was driving eastbound in a 2003 Chevrolet four-door half-ton truck on Highway 21. As he approached two vehicles in the oncoming lane, his truck reportedly crossed the centerline and struck both vehicles. The report states Naifeh's vehicle went down the full length of the first vehicle, a 2004 Buick regal, which the Bells were in and then struck the second vehicle, a 2004 Ford F250, head-on." - Dyersburg State Gazette

"Timothy C. Naifeh, 52, of Tiptonville, Tenn. was eastbound on Highway 21 and crossed the center line in his pickup hitting a car full-length driven by David C. Bell, 51, of Forsythe, Georgia." - The Christian Chronicle

"THP Trooper Nicholas Hollowell reported the collision occurred just east of Hornbeak on Highway 21, about 200 yards east of West Williams Road.
David Bell was reported to be driving west on Highway 21 in a 2004 Buick Regal when an eastbound 2003 Chevrolet pickup driven by Naifeh apparently crossed the centerline, striking the Bell vehicle on the left front and going down the full length of the car before then colliding head-on with a westbound 2004 Ford pickup driven by Constance Kelly Fisher, 40, of Obion." - UC Chronicle

"On the accident report, the trooper indicated he did not believe the use of safety restraints would have made a difference in the fatalities."

"The accident remains under investigation today and charges are pending, the THP reported."
thinking

United States

#184 Jan 16, 2012
I don't think there is any argument that he was speeding or crossed the line.I think the argument is that there are so many violent opinions of how everyone seems to think it happened without knowing WHY he was speeding.As Mr Gardener stated there could be several different reasons other than a flagrant breaking of the law.No one knows the facts of WHY he was speeding or how he ended up crossing the center line.This is what everyone needs to wait on before posting some of the things they are saying.

As far as charges pending,this could mean serious charges or they could be something as simple as failure to maintain.Just saying, nothing has been formally announced as of yet.
Mary Ann

Toone, TN

#185 Jan 16, 2012
Tim is coming home Wed.
The professor

United States

#186 Jan 16, 2012
Mary Ann wrote:
Tim is coming home Wed.
Good. Now he can finally face all the manslaughter charges among many other charges. Glad he's alive and well.
Respect roads in hornbeak

Kansas City, KS

#187 Jan 16, 2012
thinking wrote:
I don't think there is any argument that he was speeding or crossed the line.I think the argument is that there are so many violent opinions of how everyone seems to think it happened without knowing WHY he was speeding.As Mr Gardener stated there could be several different reasons other than a flagrant breaking of the law.No one knows the facts of WHY he was speeding or how he ended up crossing the center line.This is what everyone needs to wait on before posting some of the things they are saying.
As far as charges pending,this could mean serious charges or they could be something as simple as failure to maintain.Just saying, nothing has been formally announced as of yet.
WHY he was speeding? There is no good reason for breaking the law! Who cares WHY??? The law does'nt make excuses for why. Oh well ok then, since you were running late it's no big deal they're dead! It says criminal charges are pending. Big difference! Gardener post are odd. All seem to be making an argument for reasons and excuses. The state doesn't care about space shuttles??? Talk about sticking to the facts. He should do the same. Also the professionals he keeps referring to are all paid to say what the attorney that hires them tells them to say. Why he would put more faith in that than he would the folks who witnessed his erratic driving or the hornbeak officer who phoned ahead for them to get him in Troy. Or trooper hollowell who ordered the drug and alcohol testing. Which can only be done when a "reasonable suspicion" exists that such a test should be done. All these facts yet he makes up a bunch of nonsense and then ask us to wait on facts. Well here's a thought, you wait on more facts while we exercise our rights to our opinions and our rights to freedom of speech. Also, thank God for our good common sense and the ability to draw our own conclusions based on facts...and the ability to change our opinions should the facts require us to do so! Here's a statement of fact for you...Ever wonder why Officer Hollowell didn't order drug and alcohol test on the bells?
Bobby Gardner

Macon, GA

#188 Jan 16, 2012
thinking wrote:
Thank you. You are absolutely correct. I have not defended anyone in this matter. I have a friend whom is gone now, and his family will be forever at a loss because of it. My prayers are for everyone involved. Not just the Bells. I've watched their sons grow up and have sons near their same ages. How tragic this has been for them cannot be measured. I don't know anything of the others, and I do know that "The News" is a "Business", and often stretches statements by what they call journalistic freedom. I have witnessed that kind of reporting in the past. This is not to say the News there is involved in anything of the sort, but experience says... Wait for the official version by the court. Then, if there is anything to say, one can back it up with a Legal Finding. Not rumor. Thank you for showing there is some people of sound mind reading this blog, because I was beginning to wonder. I've read one report, but knew nothing of the integrity of those writing the reports, nor the officers involved. I will continue to wait and pray for all involved. Thank you to anyone who has offered any encouragement to the families involved, and for those whom have read my post and realized that I have not chosen any side for or against. I loved
my friend David Bell, and I love his family. I have no hate for anyone. If there is blame, then it will come out, and I along with anyone who is interested, will know what the finding was, but even then, appeals will be heard and it may be years before the Final Judgement is made. I will try to stay off this blog after this statement, because it is filled with people who think they can say anything without regard to innocents who are affected by their rantings. Each person involved in this tragic situation, has other family members whom care about them. They all need time to grieve the loss of life, and to come to terms with the fact that "if" their loved one is responsible, that they may suffer along with those who are judged at fault. When something like this comes about, if any one person is at fault, then I hope they are held to everything the law requires of those whom are so, and especially if their actions were criminal in nature. I will not sit on the jury, but if the rantings continue, then there is the possibility of a prejudice which is allowed to sway the court, called the inability of the courts to find a fair jury of peers to guarantee the right of a fair trial. If a convincing argument is made in that regard, then all charges can be held and after a period of time, the statute of limitations makes a trial impossible.
Bobby Gardner
PS.(I'm not a lawyer) But thank those whom thought I might be. I take it as a compliment. I'm just a country boy, who loves his wife and children, and tries to love everyone else. I would appreciate any prayers on my behalf.
John N

Toone, TN

#189 Jan 16, 2012
Bobby,as a family member an out of Respect .Please Stop.but if it helps now this Topix can be about you,My cousin is laying in the Med,you like att,i see.Well you look like you might have a little commom since or write like you do,Respect Our family as well as yours.You have to be a member of the Bell's or a fake name.I know for a fact you were never a Lawyer,only because youwould be in alot of shit.This on my cousin STOPPED until you put your 1st sweet fake carin a$$ on here.I want Lie ,it was good an touching.But did not add up.Tim is not coming home Wed,that shows you people have no clue on here what you are talking about.Tim will live with this the rest of his LIFE.If you know the Tn Law,let me Explain.not quilty until provin Quilty,an he is not Quilty,because it was a damn Accident.If you no GOD.This was planned before your,my,an everyone's time.Praying is could,common since helps,cutting 1 person down stupid,an really.I am so glad i do know all the FACTS.Who knew.Did the Bells run out in front of him? Did he have a flat? NO.was he DRUNK.(NO)Is HE A FIGHTER (YES)
enough said

Troy, TN

#190 Jan 16, 2012
Mrs. Frances Sue Eddlemon Bell Mr. David Carl Bell
March 20, 1930 - January 7, 2012 August 10, 1960 - January 7, 2012
Mr. Jack Latimer Bell
June 17, 1930 - January 12, 2012
Mrs. Frances Sue Eddlemon Bell, age 81, of Kenton, Tennessee, and Mr. David Carl Bell, age 51, of Forsyth, Georgia, passed away from this life on January 7, 2012. Mr. Jack L. Bell, age 81, of Kenton passed away at the Med in Memphis on January 12, 2012. Funeral services for Mr. and Mrs. Jack Bell and son David Bell will be conducted on Saturday, January 14, at 11:00 a.m. in the Kenton Church of Christ with Andy Brewer officiating. Interment will follow in Salem United Methodist Church Cemetery of Rutherford.
Mrs. Sue Bell was born March 20, 1930, the daughter of the late Robert E. Lee and Naomi Ruth Crabtree Eddlemon. She was a homemaker. Mr. Jack Bell was born June 17, 1930, in Gibson County; the son of the late Carl Brown and Marie Inez McClean Bell. He had retired from Texas Gas Transmission Corporation and was a farmer.
Mr. and Mrs. Bell are survived by two children, Kathy Gray and Jeff Bell with spouse Denise; five grandchildren, Kasey Miller, Jarrett Bell, Levi Bell, Kristen Bell, and Jonathan Bell and also one great-son, Reed Miller.
Mr. David Bell was born August 10, 1960, in Obion County, Tennessee; the son of the late Jack L. and Frances Sue Eddlemon Bell. He worked as a lead mechanic for Delta Airlines for over 25 years. Some of his hobbies included fishing and traveling with friends and family. He was an active member at Thomaston Road Church of Christ in Georgia, where he led singing and was involved in the benevolent ministry. Mr. Bell is survived by his three children, Jarrett, Kristen, and Jonathan Bell.
Memorials in lieu of flowers can be sent to: Freed Hardeman University, Randy Bell Memorial Fund, Memphis School of Preaching. The family will receive friends from 5-8 p.m. on Friday, January 13, in the chapel of Karnes & Son Funeral Home of Kenton. Karnes & Son Funeral Home is honored to serve the Bell family.
enough said

Troy, TN

#191 Jan 16, 2012
Face it folks....he will get by with it!
Family

Brownsville, TN

#192 Jan 16, 2012
John N. He is not a member of our family. He stated before that he was a friend of David's from GA. Although we do know that our family did not run out in front of him. That has been proven in several articles. So for the sake of everyone just let it go. No one knows what happened except for God. I have stated before we appreciate the prayers for our family throughout all this. We pray for your family for comfort as well. This past week was a hard time for us. We do now know what yall are going through and yall have no idea the pain we are going through and went through laying to rest three of our family members. So I think the best thing that could be done is the forum being taken down. I'm sick of seeing all the hatred going on here. Everyone should realize yes both families are hurting. Each in there own way and some more than others. So before anyone else wants to comment on something they don't know take this into account:

1) Three Members of a family were lost on a tragic day.*Pray for the family to have peace and comfort knowing where their loved ones are*
2) A family almost lost a loved one.*Pray that this man gains comfort in the coming days to handle what has happened*
3) Remember the young man that had to not only watch but listen to the awful sounds of the wreck and know he was the only survivor.*Pray for comfort to this young man to know there is a reason he is here today*
4) The truth will come out soon, and then we will all know just what really happened.*Pray that justice will be served for whatever happened*
tims illiterate family

Medina, TN

#193 Jan 16, 2012
John N wrote:
Bobby,as a family member an out of Respect .Please Stop.but if it helps now this Topix can be about you,My cousin is laying in the Med,you like att,i see.Well you look like you might have a little commom since or write like you do,Respect Our family as well as yours.You have to be a member of the Bell's or a fake name.I know for a fact you were never a Lawyer,only because youwould be in alot of shit.This on my cousin STOPPED until you put your 1st sweet fake carin a$$ on here.I want Lie ,it was good an touching.But did not add up.Tim is not coming home Wed,that shows you people have no clue on here what you are talking about.Tim will live with this the rest of his LIFE.If you know the Tn Law,let me Explain.not quilty until provin Quilty,an he is not Quilty,because it was a damn Accident.If you no GOD.This was planned before your,my,an everyone's time.Praying is could,common since helps,cutting 1 person down stupid,an really.I am so glad i do know all the FACTS.Who knew.Did the Bells run out in front of him? Did he have a flat? NO.was he DRUNK.(NO)Is HE A FIGHTER (YES)
Your illiterate ass needs to learn how to write before running your BIG MOUTH on here.

Medina, TN

#194 Jan 16, 2012
Family wrote:
John N. He is not a member of our family. He stated before that he was a friend of David's from GA. Although we do know that our family did not run out in front of him. That has been proven in several articles. So for the sake of everyone just let it go. No one knows what happened except for God. I have stated before we appreciate the prayers for our family throughout all this. We pray for your family for comfort as well. This past week was a hard time for us. We do now know what yall are going through and yall have no idea the pain we are going through and went through laying to rest three of our family members. So I think the best thing that could be done is the forum being taken down. I'm sick of seeing all the hatred going on here. Everyone should realize yes both families are hurting. Each in there own way and some more than others. So before anyone else wants to comment on something they don't know take this into account:
1) Three Members of a family were lost on a tragic day.*Pray for the family to have peace and comfort knowing where their loved ones are*
2) A family almost lost a loved one.*Pray that this man gains comfort in the coming days to handle what has happened*
3) Remember the young man that had to not only watch but listen to the awful sounds of the wreck and know he was the only survivor.*Pray for comfort to this young man to know there is a reason he is here today*
4) The truth will come out soon, and then we will all know just what really happened.*Pray that justice will be served for whatever happened*
If you don't like what is being written then stop reading it. And saying God is the only one that knows what happened is a joke. Tim knows damn well what happened. He was out drinking and hunting all day and stopped to get MORE beer to drink on his way to Troy. How's that for not knowing what happened? Plenty of eyewitnesses. STOP making excuses for your piece of shit relative.
Family

San Antonio, TX

#195 Jan 16, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't like what is being written then stop reading it. And saying God is the only one that knows what happened is a joke. Tim knows damn well what happened. He was out drinking and hunting all day and stopped to get MORE beer to drink on his way to Troy. How's that for not knowing what happened? Plenty of eyewitnesses. STOP making excuses for your piece of shit relative.
Well for one. I'm part of the Bell family not Tim's family. Two I said we don't know what happend because we were not there that day. I'm not taking up for him. I am just as upset as anyone because I had to watch three of my family members be placed into the ground Saturday.
Respect roads in hornbeak

Kansas City, KS

#196 Jan 16, 2012
Family wrote:
<quoted text> Well for one. I'm part of the Bell family not Tim's family. Two I said we don't know what happend because we were not there that day. I'm not taking up for him. I am just as upset as anyone because I had to watch three of my family members be placed into the ground Saturday.

Appreciate your post! I think guest got his wires crossed. Looks like he was thinking you were defending Tim. I'd like to say how saddened we were to hear about Mr. And Mrs. Bell. I simply cannot imagine your pain. Frankly it scares me to even try. As someone who has seen the dangers of these roads her entire life I am so mad! I want not to yell and accuse but then find myself mad all over again. I'm angry that someone who should have known better did not exercise sound judgement. I mean when you grow up around there you're told, be extra careful in hornbeak go slow round all those curves. I'm sorry just so sorry, God gave us time as our healer. Maybe as time passes some since of peace can come to every member of your family. A time when reflection brings only good memories and all this other is faint or non existent! God Bless,
A friend of Tims

Martin, TN

#197 Jan 17, 2012
frie
John N wrote:
John I know Tim is an alcholic and uses illegal drugs.I know him personally myself.God bless all the familys involved.But Tim is guilty and it is better to serve the rest of his life in prison on earth than lie and burn in hell the rest of your life for lying under oath.Tim face what you did and God will forgive you,But dont lie under oath in court as you will sure go to HELL.God bless you your friend JWW.

Saint Louis, MO

#198 Jan 17, 2012
Yes, it really shows by his recent pictures that he is a heavy drinker and using drugs,only adds to the aging/roughness of his appearance. Once one becomes like that, nothing matters. The career, class, decency, self respect, character, reputation is all down the drain. Too bad, but it happens. I saw that last time I saw him. What's really sad is that these type people always end up bringing someone else down as he has done. Time's up with him and he will have no choice over the matter this time around.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#199 Jan 17, 2012
A friend of Tims wrote:
frie<quoted text>John I know Tim is an alcholic and uses illegal drugs.I know him personally myself.God bless all the familys involved.But Tim is guilty and it is better to serve the rest of his life in prison on earth than lie and burn in hell the rest of your life for lying under oath.Tim face what you did and God will forgive you,But dont lie under oath in court as you will sure go to HELL.God bless you your friend JWW.
I can't begin to imagine how he held all those city and county Attorney positons. People had to know that worked with him on a daily basis. Was it all just ignored? or were there known problems? Alcoholism is a desease and recognizable. If you knew it, others had to also. Was he ever approached or reprimanded for it by anyone?

Newbern, TN

#200 Jan 17, 2012
Get a court ordered hair sample ASAP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Kayla kirk 4 hr Old timer 1
Meth heads In housing near save a lot 5 hr Dave 6
one main finance 7 hr guest 8
Sexiest man in Union City 14 hr do tell 5
Barry james 15 hr Poot 4
Distance from Union City High School Sat RIP 1
boys and girls club of america Sat kid 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages