Lake Road School Dress Code

Posted in the Union City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just Wondering

United States

#1 Feb 13, 2013
What does anyone think about the so called dress code?
hmmmmm

Jackson, TN

#2 Feb 13, 2013
There isnt one, you can pretty much wear what you. Each school lets their teachers pretty much wear what they want. Linda Kirk Short or whatever it is today comes to school in the Summer half naked, she is skin in bones , but who wants to see that messed up body. Then there is South Fulton, they go to set of different drums over there. They do what they want over there, they think rules dont apply.
Just Wondering

United States

#3 Feb 14, 2013
well Lake Road just picks on the kids they want to and it is really getting old.
Doctor Dress Code

Martin, TN

#4 Feb 14, 2013
Well I think all the boys should have the same black pants and white oxford shirts and black leather dress shoes and all the girls should all have the same black pants white oxford shirts and black dress shoes. I have seen this in another school all children looked the same rich poor black white all were the same it works and I think it would be great for Obion County and Union City schools.

Humboldt, TN

#5 Feb 14, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
well Lake Road just picks on the kids they want to and it is really getting old.
Got detention huh?

Odessa, TX

#6 Feb 14, 2013
They all have to wear a dress code...Polo Shirts, it don't matter what Color the Kid is..Kids that get in trouble are kids who keep trouble started. Don't like stuff go to the School discussing it on here won't sure help.
in force

Halls, TN

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Do teachers have a dress code? Or do they dress with their body parts out like they do at Union City? Don't ya think if the students have a dress code the teachers should, too. Maybe they should have a dress code at the Obion County Board of Education and the Union City Board of Education and see how they like it. Being told what to wear came from where or whom?

Dallas, TX

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Yes Teachers also have a dress code.
Just Wondering

United States

#10 Feb 16, 2013
GUEST wrote:
They all have to wear a dress code...Polo Shirts, it don't matter what Color the Kid is..Kids that get in trouble are kids who keep trouble started. Don't like stuff go to the School discussing it on here won't sure help.
Just wanted to get some input to see if I was mot alone on this TOPIC thank U for your input though very much appreciated...
new rules

Union City, TN

#11 Feb 17, 2013
Kids are no longer aloud to wear LRS hoodies on Friday, camo jackets have to be taken off as soon as you enter the building, if your in the hall you have to have a hall pass any rules broken result in automatic detention
my gosh

Martin, TN

#13 Feb 17, 2013
I have followed the dress code since day one. I have never tried to 'push the limit' and send my daughter in something that is questionable. But when I get called to the school to bring her a polo when she had on a Lake Road Tshirt and walk in and see students in the same exact thing as she is in,I don't get it. Why is it ok for some kids to wear something but not ok for others?
Just Wondering

United States

#14 Feb 17, 2013
new rules wrote:
Kids are no longer aloud to wear LRS hoodies on Friday, camo jackets have to be taken off as soon as you enter the building, if your in the hall you have to have a hall pass any rules broken result in automatic detention
The camo thing is what I am having a problem with. When we live only miles from Reelfoot lake.. hello we wear camo.. kids are walking around with Drake jackets on for a fashion statement, we wear ours in the duck blind.. and I do think that certain kids are called out because of who they are or who they aren't it is really getting old.. also has anyone heard anything about the kids having to pay 50 cents for an orange juice? I know they get milk with their meal that already cost 1.75 but if they want juice it is more..
Yea

United States

#15 Feb 17, 2013
My son just mentioned the 50 orange juice thing. And yea I say our kids should b allowed to wear camo also. I see nothing wrong with a long sleeve camo tshirt under a hunter green or beige short sleeve polo but I dressed my son like that in kindergarten and his teacher made him take off his long sleeve camo and put it in his backpack.
my gosh

Martin, TN

#16 Feb 17, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>The camo thing is what I am having a problem with. When we live only miles from Reelfoot lake.. hello we wear camo.. kids are walking around with Drake jackets on for a fashion statement, we wear ours in the duck blind.. and I do think that certain kids are called out because of who they are or who they aren't it is really getting old.. also has anyone heard anything about the kids having to pay 50 cents for an orange juice? I know they get milk with their meal that already cost 1.75 but if they want juice it is more..
I heard that the principal had a meeting with 7th and 8th graders on Friday and said that if she saw any student wearing camo from then on out that the entire class would not be allowed to wear coats to school. This came from a kid that was there. Hopefully this isn't what was said but this child doesn't make things up so. I know my child will go with a coat no matter what!
The Babysitter

United States

#17 Feb 17, 2013
The dress code has been in effect for almost 6 years now and there is still whining about it!?!? Seriously, I think parents have a bigger issue in dealing with this than the kids do.
my gosh

Martin, TN

#18 Feb 17, 2013
The Babysitter wrote:
The dress code has been in effect for almost 6 years now and there is still whining about it!?!? Seriously, I think parents have a bigger issue in dealing with this than the kids do.
I agree BUT some of us have kids in Kindergarten that have ONLY been dealing with this for 6 months,not 6 years. But thanks for your input.
Just Wondering

United States

#19 Feb 17, 2013
The Babysitter wrote:
Yes it has been in effect that long but just now have they been actin like fools about it and wanting to change it and not even sending a note about the changes..so whining yea maybe just a little because all the bs is getting OLD everyday it's something...be consistent LRS!!!
Wondering

Gadsden, TN

#20 Feb 17, 2013
Gloria wrote:
<quoted text>They dont go by it, look at Huss's office, Lisa Vancleave dresses sleezy, and there are a few more that do too. They dress as if they are 18 instead of 40. Oh I forgot Huss likes his women to dress that way.....
Are you jealous Gloria cause you don,t look like a doll? Huss as you call him is a great man ans without him watch the school system go nowhere

Marble Falls, TX

#21 Feb 18, 2013
LRS didn't have as many problems when Mr. B was there...you can blame the principal... I rather have Mr B anyday
Doctor Dress Code

Martin, TN

#22 Feb 18, 2013
Cammo is for hunting your are at school to learn get over it. I bet you would like to wear cammo to church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fulton-S. Fulton Women 3 hr Gillian 1
You're losing me 4 hr Wow 32
Roofing 6 hr Guest 4
Beth Meadows 8 hr Trash 12
Cooking help 11 hr Honestly 3
Billboard 12 hr truth be told 8
Train horn 13 hr think about it 53

Union City Jobs

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages