First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ignorance is not bliss

Medina, TN

#90 Sep 16, 2012
Dis Gusting wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, breathing toxic fumes and drinking toxic water is what Republicans want! They spend 99% of their time trying to kill any bill that puts any restrictions on companies poisioning our environment!
Drill Baby Drill!!!
Funny how Union City is governed by DEMOCRAPS and wasn't even evacuated! How's that for caring about the people! Do your damn homework before you run your mouth since you obvious don't even know who runs this stinking town.
Memphis mama

Dyersburg, TN

#91 Sep 17, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That fire department must really suck if they can't put out cardboard boxes with five other fire departments and three days. "surround and drown"?
Maybe you'd like to risk your life fighting a fire with zero visibility from the smoke and 100s of bales of cardboard and plastic ... and then get criticized for your efforts. Wow.
Objective

Arlington, TN

#93 Sep 17, 2012
guest wrote:
As a toxic cloud of smoke and ash settles over Union City, a stench which will welcome visitors as they arrive for the "ride in" & Cornfest, Union Citians must ask "how did this happen"?
Why was such a volume of hazardous material allowed to be packed into a facility located so close to residential neighborhoods?
Is the building owned by Union City?
This fire will smolder for days, stay indoors, I smell rubber, plastic, and dumbass.
Dear Guest
I have examined the facts of the terribly unfortunate accident and challenge your foolish and demeaning comment that relates to your obviously prejudiced and subjective sense of smell! Perhaps you could mind your own business! Many very worthy citizens of the fine community of Union City have been adversely affected by this loss. Are you worried that the # of people attending the cornfest would cost you? Did you have a corn dog stand and missed making $25 profit from I!!!!!!
marvin kltc

Knoxville, TN

#96 Sep 22, 2012
guest wrote:
Greenway isn't saying much about the fact the fire started at lunch and then how they fought it for over 30 min before they decided to call for help. Crannick who works there is telling everyone he fought it for 45 min before they called. Who knows for sure.
guest you seem to be confussed just like some of the others.. i know for a fact that was never said by him. you see he ran to put out the fire. and was busy doing that and from what he knows of it it seemed like it was 20 or 30 min. before fire dep. got there. the flames where out but had some little hot spots. and they where told to get out of building when the fire fighters got there.as for facts there lunch break is at 11;00 they where on lunch break. so check the time when the call was made. so to your remark as to him saying that i call bullshit
U R A NUT

Union City, TN

#97 Sep 22, 2012
ignorance is not bliss wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how Union City is governed by DEMOCRAPS and wasn't even evacuated! How's that for caring about the people! Do your damn homework before you run your mouth since you obvious don't even know who runs this stinking town.
Funny that this whole state is controlled by Teapublicans and all of west Tennessee is jobless! LOL
truth

Union City, TN

#99 Sep 23, 2012
You are an idiot. Nothing is on fire anymore. Get over it or move.

United States

#100 Sep 23, 2012
Go outside and sniff truth. It's still burning
I heard

United States

#101 Sep 23, 2012
I was at Vanity Fair YDAY & IT IS STILL SMOKING!

And the stinky burning plastic is still stinking.

Newbern, TN

#102 Sep 23, 2012
Is there a risk that the company will file for bankruptcy and hang the cleanup on the city taxpayers. Is the city attorney advising on our behalf? Or are we trying to give breaks and end up hung with the bill?
Fed up

United States

#108 Oct 10, 2012
guest wrote:
Why doesn't the newspaper get our leaders, county and city, on the record about this crap? Not for officials and Greenway to "spin" there stories, but to find out how far this is going and if this company will survive financially to clean this up. Did the city own the building? Is it financed by the city or JEDEC?
How bout some information for you constituency and readers?
The reason is because the people you're referring to are all "in bed" with one another so don't expect any consequences for all of us being poisoned for weeks while a giant coverup continues of all the cancerous toxins we were breathing. I'm real old and don't have much time left anyway but I sure hate it for the younger ones and the health problems they will be facing from this. You may feel ok today because it takes time for toxins to screw with your healthy cells and form cancer. And you may laugh and say I'm jumping to conclusions but you won't in a few years when Obion County's chicken shit leaders are finally forced to be held accountable for telling poor people the air was safe and not evacuating them. They are all nothing but liars.
haha

Milan, TN

#109 Oct 10, 2012
the county and newspaper are probably trying to be hush hush about it. this local newspaper is controlled by the higher ups. they wont print anything that is really news around here. like they dug a big hole and just put all the crap in it!
Concerned Citizen

Jackson, TN

#110 Oct 10, 2012
haha wrote:
the county and newspaper are probably trying to be hush hush about it. this local newspaper is controlled by the higher ups. they wont print anything that is really news around here. like they dug a big hole and just put all the crap in it!
I was told EPA was there over seeing the clean up.Would someone there tell those people to come look at the south side of the Reelfoot Packing Company.There is something going on over there,a big blue fire hose is being placed in the bldg and run into the creek for a few days and then it disapears. Ive seen it come and go several times.Something is being pumped out of the bldgand put into the creek and then the hose is removed.Is this contamanting the creek?
lol

Milan, TN

#112 Oct 10, 2012
toxic free certified by city council! hahahaha just like our water, air and land! oh yes and I do have my house for sale to leave this county. nobody wants to move here and buy it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child exploitation 1 hr Sam the man 4
tatted blond that works at kohler?? (Oct '15) 3 hr Funny 34
First Friends Preschool (Apr '15) 4 hr guest 245
Best U.C. Doc for Kids ??!! 8 hr guest 2
I want to f*** Treon sun or Little victor 13 hr black stud 5
Bangin yo wife 13 hr Tennessee Stud 10
Police Department Dispatch 14 hr Huh 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages