josh

Milan, TN

#28 Sep 14, 2012
but they are going to just let it burn out?
UC Parent

Jackson, TN

#29 Sep 14, 2012
Just another example of how the good ole boy system ignores rules and regulations! Well, what will the Sherwood residents do about this disaster?
ddd

Jackson, TN

#33 Sep 14, 2012
this cant be for real
all you people complaining about a smell
IT WAS AN ACCIDENTAL FIRE not like they walked in and poured out gas and lit it

i bet everyone of you thats complaining about a smell are probably those rich folk that live in sherwood or pleasant valley and the sad part is the worst thing youve smelled in your life was a fart after taco bell

GET OVER IT and if you want it out so bad hop in your luxurious vehicle and drive your snob as 'es over there and help
huh

Martin, TN

#34 Sep 14, 2012
My Opinion wrote:
They should extinguish the darn thing! If it's chemical and toxins, they should be equipped to handle a haz-mat situation. Channel 6 says the building/company has been sited with safety and fire hazard warnings. Wow, Jack Jernigan just said sorry for the mess and drama. Everyone with a respiratory disease, get a lawyer! That will show them!
Just extinguish the darn thing? I guess they are just watering plants out there then. Not putting water on the fire or anything like that then.
huh

Martin, TN

#35 Sep 14, 2012
josh wrote:
but they are going to just let it burn out?
They are still there putting water on what is smouldering now. Just full of idiots that aren't here just trying to "be someone" on here.
huh

Martin, TN

#36 Sep 14, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather have trash in the landfill than poison in my lungs. Way to go Green Environmental folks!
Trash in the landfill leads to poison in your water genius. Just to let you know, we all die one way or the other.
huh

Martin, TN

#37 Sep 14, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
All that money in Tornado Sirens, and the smoke kills us! EMS, Emergency Maybe System? How bout one long Sireen blast for tornadoes, and short blasts for poison gas, bombs, ect.
Taxpayers should install a dumbass warning for government screw ups!
Yes, let's use the Tornado Sirens as Morse code. That solves everything.
huh

Martin, TN

#38 Sep 14, 2012
The only people in this thread that seem to have any common sense is jerk and ddd. ddd, the people on here that are complaining more than likely are not living in Sherwood. Those people out there for the most part are successful in one way or the other. The people that are complaining on here or most likely not even from Union City. If they are, they are from the North Division street area.
6ft7man

Martin, TN

#39 Sep 14, 2012
ddd wrote:
this cant be for real
all you people complaining about a smell
IT WAS AN ACCIDENTAL FIRE not like they walked in and poured out gas and lit it
i bet everyone of you thats complaining about a smell are probably those rich folk that live in sherwood or pleasant valley and the sad part is the worst thing youve smelled in your life was a fart after taco bell
GET OVER IT and if you want it out so bad hop in your luxurious vehicle and drive your snob as 'es over there and help
There happen to be people with health issuse. You probally dont have copd, neither do I, however I do know enough about it to know this could cause those folks problems. Same as asthma.
say what

Humboldt, TN

#40 Sep 14, 2012
huh wrote:
The only people in this thread that seem to have any common sense is jerk and ddd. ddd, the people on here that are complaining more than likely are not living in Sherwood. Those people out there for the most part are successful in one way or the other. The people that are complaining on here or most likely not even from Union City. If they are, they are from the North Division street area.
North Division area? People have reported smelling these burning toxins and fumes in surrounding counties. You are definitely not in the area right now to be giving your two cents worth.
Keith Louse

United States

#43 Sep 14, 2012
Chief wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherwood Hills residents, successful ? U might want fact check that broke ass statement.
Ain't that the truth. Those Sherwood folks are going belly up faster than you can say fire! I'm just glad I've got my ex daddy in law to always take care of me and my boys. whew
call Jesse Jackson

Humboldt, TN

#44 Sep 14, 2012
fireman wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the fumes are worse in the poor black section of town
Those fumes are probably just from a pot of greens that's been cooking down on the stove all day. The scene of the fire is right near Sherwood.
ddd

Jackson, TN

#47 Sep 14, 2012
6ft7man wrote:
<quoted text>There happen to be people with health issuse. You probally dont have copd, neither do I, however I do know enough about it to know this could cause those folks problems. Same as asthma.
not to be rude but what do you do when it floods you high tail it to higher ground
so if someone is having a hard time breathing from AN ACCIDENT then relocating would be my first move
nothing in any house or town for that matter would make me stay if my health was on the line so think everything thing clear before posting some lame excuse about this or that when those guys are working non stop at trying to extinguish the worlds most awful thing that can happen in union city
I heard

Houston, TX

#51 Sep 14, 2012
I heard from a guy that was just out there this wk, nothing more then cardboard. Whats all the fuss? Dnt get your panties twisted people. Whats so hazardous about cardboard? Paper? Trees?
call Jesse Jackson

Humboldt, TN

#52 Sep 14, 2012
I heard wrote:
I heard from a guy that was just out there this wk, nothing more then cardboard. Whats all the fuss? Dnt get your panties twisted people. Whats so hazardous about cardboard? Paper? Trees?
Cardboard doesn't smell like burnt rubber and take days to burn out. Sorry to hear that you were lied to.

United States

#54 Sep 14, 2012
call Jesse Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>Those fumes are probably just from a pot of greens that's been cooking down on the stove all day. The scene of the fire is right near Sherwood.
But the wind is blowing it south. I'm not down wind from it, and I'm not here to complain about something I'm not educated on (fumes, danger, health, etc.) but it is blowing in the direction mentioned.
Leonidas

Cleveland, TX

#55 Sep 14, 2012
At its source, some of the smoke is white, but some of the smoke is black. It has a chemical smell to it, and it seems to pose a health hazard.

If I lived in UC, I'd evacuate. Now.
help

Humboldt, TN

#57 Sep 14, 2012
We are all gonna die like dogs.
info

United States

#59 Sep 15, 2012
n. division area your a true ass
Concened Citizen

Jackson, TN

#60 Sep 15, 2012
Ive had the worst two days breathing in my life.
got to be from the fire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ginger Perry update 2 min Melissa 7
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 16 min Texan 150,815
Joe Graves- Moran affair 1 hr Bystander 11
worthless uc 1 hr george 5
Good Girl 3 hr dismayed 5
Has anyone seen Annie Lewis around lately 7 hr to whom it may co... 12
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 8 hr Steve 9,453
hottest girl in uc (Nov '10) 14 hr Truth 215
Uc bus driver suspended 15 hr guest 54
•••
•••
•••

Union City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Union City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••