Anyone hear about Goodyear Layoffs Yet
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Union City, TN

#97 Mar 25, 2009
heard there will be a layoff of about 300 and they're going back to 8 hour shifts.
nervous

Dyersburg, TN

#98 Mar 25, 2009
No numbers are up yet. Offering a buyout. Hoping to cut staff below the contractual level. Probably back to 8 hours. Possibly talking of closing the plant. Not even going to talk about it again until after April 20 so its back to business as usual, working and worrying.
D-Man

San Antonio, TX

#100 Jun 10, 2009
What's up with goodyear?
Steel Worker

AOL

#101 Jul 7, 2009
I made the first round lay offs at goodyears asheboro wire plant feb. My friend made second round. Looks like the whole plant may go down if something does not change.
FK KOHLER

United States

#102 Jul 7, 2009
why am i in union wrote:
after obama wins, and gives the reparations to the blacks..only the whites will have to work
that's not true, the blacks are always going to work. they are not going to get shit because bush took it all when he left office.
tye

Hendersonville, NC

#103 Jul 14, 2009
i am sure they will because the union is running the place into the ground as hard as it can
scab

Miami, FL

#104 Jul 16, 2009
are they going to do another round of lay offs
ADD1556

San Antonio, TX

#105 Jul 17, 2009
D-Man wrote:
What's up with goodyear?
shit i'll tell you what's up.
all these bitches that call themselves republicans stuffed their pockets with bush in office and now we're suffering for it.
who cares

Cordova, TN

#106 Jul 19, 2009
Firestone wrote:
<quoted text>I work for the firestone company!, we are goin to buy out goodyear!, they have aready ask many employee to transfer , I was there for the meeting! They do not want any people that work for goodyear to work for firestone! Goodyear as already train people for firestone on several things! Its goin to be around may 1st when this happens! I feel sorry for everyone at goodyear! But there goin to do just like exxon did there peolpe!, you will come to work one day , and the gates will be closed! That's all I know! The union hall knows about this , believe me!, that's who we met with! I'm sorry for you guys in union city , tenn.
lol May 1st came and went where did Firestone go? Did they reject Goodyear's offer to sell? I don't think so. You are an idiot!
blogger

Brandon, MS

#107 Mar 17, 2010
i work for a japanese automobile manufacturer and they hire temps instead of hiring the full amount needed to make the plant run. Sounds like Goodyear should do the same, so that every time the economy goes up or down you don't lose workers who thought they had a job for life- you only let the temps go who from the beginning knew that they only had a temporary job from the get go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Yates 2 hr Tat4life 1
Tyson's third thread 2 hr Her ex 8
Deadbeat Tenants 2 hr Guest 8
haley roberts 5 hr guest 1
watch out for these 2 guys! 6 hr guest 2
Social Security offer bounties for SS Disabilit... (Sep '14) 7 hr go to school 25
Clouds 7 hr Smoke 1

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages