who do you thinks going to be better??? Obama or Romney??(worried)

Posted in the Union City Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
U R A NUT

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

common sense wrote:
Ask the guys in Virginia where the coal mines are shutting down because of regulations. ask the truck driving company's. These things he promises to do now why were they not done when the dem had the majority. our country is on the wrong path in every aspect in my opinion. that's why I feel he should be fired from his job. you never know from one politician to another if it will get better but I'm willing to take the chance.
Every lost job is a tragedy. And so there is pain in each of the 1,200 jobs being cut by Alpha Natural Resources, the company that bought the beleaguered Massey Energy.

The jobs aren't disappearing because of Massey's myriad of safety shortcomings or its labor strife. Alpha Natural Resources will close eight Appalachian mines immediately because coal is increasingly uncompetitive in a power generation world that is turning to cleaner, cheaper natural gas.
In all, Alpha will lose 1,200 jobs, including 400 at mines in Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania.

Critics of the Obama administration will inevitably blame the president and his policies for the layoffs. They will point fingers at the Environmental Protection Agency. They will rail about a global warming "conspiracy" changing the course of American industry.

They will be wrong.

American mines are closing because coal right now is too expensive to use to generate electricity. Natural gas is so abundant, and so cheap, that electricity companies are using it in new ways.

Just a few years ago, coal was the cheapest way to make electricity. Despite years of efforts, coal pollutes horribly. It contributes to algae blooms in the Chesapeake Bay, helps make smog and ozone in Hampton Roads, spews mercury and other toxics that contaminate our waterways. It contributes enormous amounts of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, helping warm the planet.

Ten years ago, natural gas - far cleaner than coal - was used to generate power to use only in emergencies. Gas was so fast to come on line but so expensive that it made sense to use it to compensate for times of peak demand.

Now, though, natural gas has fallen to prices unseen in a decade. Prices are so low, in fact, that electricity companies have begun building new natural gas power stations, with some replacing their coal facilities.

The abundance of natural gas is thanks to new drilling techniques that have been more effective in extracting natural gas that had heretofore been unreachable. Horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing together promise to provide America with vast new reserves of energy from domestic wells. Not only is America producing more gas (and oil), it's also finding more.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Call Me Justin Case wrote:
I will always love Barack.
Romney says he hates 47% of us. Romney = Hate.
Barack apologizes when we offend people. That shows love and strength.
Obama = LOVE.
I want a loving president so I vote for Obama and that's why I post on here. To get others to feel the love. It's all about WORLD PEACE and Obama can do it!
And "NO".....I'm not gay!
No all the apoligizing has got us nowhere, but a weak nation. Nobama were all Osama remember you little love bug you. I bet your parents were hippies.

Henderson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Barack Obama gets my vote!
common sense

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>No all the apoligizing has got us nowhere, but a weak nation. Nobama were all Osama remember you little love bug you. I bet your parents were hippies.
for real lol
common sense

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

U R A NUT wrote:
<quoted text>
Every lost job is a tragedy. And so there is pain in each of the 1,200 jobs being cut by Alpha Natural Resources, the company that bought the beleaguered Massey Energy.
The jobs aren't disappearing because of Massey's myriad of safety shortcomings or its labor strife. Alpha Natural Resources will close eight Appalachian mines immediately because coal is increasingly uncompetitive in a power generation world that is turning to cleaner, cheaper natural gas.
In all, Alpha will lose 1,200 jobs, including 400 at mines in Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Critics of the Obama administration will inevitably blame the president and his policies for the layoffs. They will point fingers at the Environmental Protection Agency. They will rail about a global warming "conspiracy" changing the course of American industry.
They will be wrong.
American mines are closing because coal right now is too expensive to use to generate electricity. Natural gas is so abundant, and so cheap, that electricity companies are using it in new ways.
Just a few years ago, coal was the cheapest way to make electricity. Despite years of efforts, coal pollutes horribly. It contributes to algae blooms in the Chesapeake Bay, helps make smog and ozone in Hampton Roads, spews mercury and other toxics that contaminate our waterways. It contributes enormous amounts of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, helping warm the planet.
Ten years ago, natural gas - far cleaner than coal - was used to generate power to use only in emergencies. Gas was so fast to come on line but so expensive that it made sense to use it to compensate for times of peak demand.
Now, though, natural gas has fallen to prices unseen in a decade. Prices are so low, in fact, that electricity companies have begun building new natural gas power stations, with some replacing their coal facilities.
The abundance of natural gas is thanks to new drilling techniques that have been more effective in extracting natural gas that had heretofore been unreachable. Horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing together promise to provide America with vast new reserves of energy from domestic wells. Not only is America producing more gas (and oil), it's also finding more.
obama said no to the pipeline too.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

You should be worried...Obama is turning his back on israel. Big no no. They are our friend not our enemy. If they middle east doesn't calm down. We're fixing to be in WWIII..Obama keeps apologizing to countries who hate us...could go on and on. President Bush may have left Obama a mess, but i believe he weighed decisions based on the principles of our founding fathers....If you trust in the lord, you don't have to be worried.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Union City Forum right now

Search the Union City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 2 min ahop71 123,877
Jon Kincade (May '12) 40 min Amanda 28
noah adams 48 min seen 6
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 59 min REO 58,238
Kare Bear thread...poof! 1 hr deb 11
who is he? 2 hr just want to know 1
drug testing at job world 2 hr NoNeedForAName 24
•••
•••
•••
•••

Union City Jobs

•••