OCCHS having 2 Proms
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
student section

Morristown, TN

#1 Mar 18, 2012
OCCHS is having a another prom being ran by parents cause the principle has ruined pc prom with all her prison rules. Who wants to go to a prom in a cafeteria with a bunch of crazy rules about dancing to close. Just one more example of how the school is a prison and the students and parents are fed up we are gonna have another prom somewhere else cause OC prom su cks with all its rules and cafeteria decorations. it is bout time the principle learned that she can't control us all the time. Everybody needs to not go to oc prom and by tickets for the parent prom.
Grown up

United States

#2 Mar 18, 2012
Get Over it Punk Kid. There will always be rules to follow in life.

Since: Feb 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Mar 19, 2012
student section wrote:
OCCHS is having a another prom being ran by parents cause the principle has ruined pc prom with all her prison rules. Who wants to go to a prom in a cafeteria with a bunch of crazy rules about dancing to close. Just one more example of how the school is a prison and the students and parents are fed up we are gonna have another prom somewhere else cause OC prom su cks with all its rules and cafeteria decorations. it is bout time the principle learned that she can't control us all the time. Everybody needs to not go to oc prom and by tickets for the parent prom.
Maybe your Principal would listen if you spelled it correctly. It would be "BUY tickets", not by, also. Dancing TOO close and that should be punctuated with a question mark. I won't even talk deeper about improper punctuation.
Come on

Dallas, TX

#4 Mar 19, 2012
Fairplay2 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe your Principal would listen if you spelled it correctly. It would be "BUY tickets", not by, also. Dancing TOO close and that should be punctuated with a question mark. I won't even talk deeper about improper punctuation.
You don't need to go deeper. By the way "Principal" should not be capitalized. It is not a proper noun. It is a common noun. Don't throw stones in glass houses!

Since: Feb 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#5 Mar 19, 2012
It can be capitalized when meant/used for a particular schoop/person.
Such as, The Principal of OCCHS has set forth policies for the school's prom.
heres a thought

United States

#6 Mar 19, 2012
Maybe just maybe people are getting tired of seeing kids acting like dogs in heat on the dance floor. Practically humping on the dance floor is not a dance it a prelude to what's gonna happen later that night. Sorry but that's the problem now with kids. People don't set boundaries and that's why there are teen pregnancies and abortions. Kids will be kids but kids being kids now is nothing like kids being kids twenty years ago. Parents should be glad that a school sets rules for their kids. But parents aren't parents like they used to be either !!!!
oh no

Dallas, TX

#7 Mar 19, 2012
Fairplay2 wrote:
It can be capitalized when meant/used for a particular schoop/person.
Such as, The Principal of OCCHS has set forth policies for the school's prom.
What is a schoop? You dumb ass!

Since: Feb 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Mar 19, 2012
Ooops, I made a typo myself.
School....school.....thank you for correcting me,oh no.
guest

United States

#9 Mar 19, 2012
You would only capitalize if you were using his last name. "The principal at OCCHS is Principal Brown." I actually have no idea who the principal is these days, just an example.
guest

Maury City, TN

#11 Mar 19, 2012
heres a thought wrote:
Maybe just maybe people are getting tired of seeing kids acting like dogs in heat on the dance floor. Practically humping on the dance floor is not a dance it a prelude to what's gonna happen later that night. Sorry but that's the problem now with kids. People don't set boundaries and that's why there are teen pregnancies and abortions. Kids will be kids but kids being kids now is nothing like kids being kids twenty years ago. Parents should be glad that a school sets rules for their kids. But parents aren't parents like they used to be either !!!!
20 years ago I was 15 and pregnant.I had wonderful parents.Teens do crazy things without considering what could happen.It's always been true.I don't know your age but I just bet you did a lot of things as a teen that you aren't proud of now.Teens will always be the same,just different era but same actions.This will never change.Don't blame the parents,kids are sneaky.
my two cents

Detroit, MI

#12 Mar 19, 2012
It doesn't matter how close or far apart your child dances with another person at prom or any other dance for that matter. If they want to have relations after prom, making them dance so far apart isn't going to change that!
plink

Monterey, TN

#14 Mar 20, 2012
Don Jeremy wrote:
Let the kids hump! Come on parents? Hump dancing leads to loss of respect for young ladies by young men, which leads to loss of self respect by young ladies, which leads to attention getting behavior like sex humping for real. Then comes the pregnancy and the teen dad abandons the child due to teen dads being dumba sses.

A life of poverty, stress, hard work, and addiction usually follow. So get those kids off to a good start in life by giving them Hump Dancing! After all, somewhere in Afghanistan some soldier is dying so little Tiffany can hump in order to celebrate getting a high school education. Yee Haw.
Damn who would do that?
nope

United States

#15 Mar 20, 2012
plink wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn who would do that?
It's called sarcasm!
guest

Maury City, TN

#16 Mar 20, 2012
Why do some of you have to think the kids will be as you say humping each other?Quit acting like you didn't do the bump and grinde at your sock hop!lol

Since: Feb 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#17 Mar 20, 2012
sock hop? Now that's really "old school".
virgin

Morristown, TN

#18 Mar 20, 2012
just because when I dance with my boyfriend we hump and grind does not mean that we are having sex. thats how we dance. thats how all teenagers dance. my boyfriend and me have made chasity vows that we won't have sex till marriage. they way teenagers dance does not mean that they are all having sex. everyone dances like that. the school is crazy for making rules against dances. it is kinda like the Footloose movie. those students took their dance to somewhere else and that is what we are doing. we are tired of being judged by a bunch of old religious teachers and principles that have nothing better to do but try and ruin our lives.
Just Thinkin

Cookeville, TN

#19 Mar 20, 2012
OCCHS is not having two proms. OCCHS is having a prom. The other dance is a private party. The school system is responsible for all students at activities on the campus; in my mind that allows them to set standards for those activities whether it's a prom, a club meeting, game, or other event. In today's litigious world, I would not dream of hosting a 'prom' privately. And I was a teenager in the sixties, so don't talk to me about fuddy-duddies.
wondering

Morristown, TN

#20 Mar 20, 2012
Here's a question for the attorneys. If a teenager attends this "private prom", is not supervised, somehow manages to drink alcoholic beverages while in the dance or outside the building, leaves the dance, and wreck, is the sponsors of this "private prom" responsible? I agree with the above poster, there is no way I would not dream of hosting a "private prom". These sponsors have opened the prom to anyone who buys a ticket. They are now responsible for the actions of teenagers they do not know. Is the fire marshall going to check and make sure that the number of participants does not exceed the capacity of the building? Are the sponsors of this dance carrying private insurance for the dance. Will the building's insurance cover an incident since the sponsors are selling tickets for the dance? This whole "private prom" sounds like a potential lawsuit if something were to go wrong.
The Babysitter

United States

#21 Mar 20, 2012
virgin wrote:
just because when I dance with my boyfriend we hump and grind does not mean that we are having sex. thats how we dance. thats how all teenagers dance. my boyfriend and me have made chasity vows that we won't have sex till marriage. they way teenagers dance does not mean that they are all having sex. everyone dances like that. the school is crazy for making rules against dances. it is kinda like the Footloose movie. those students took their dance to somewhere else and that is what we are doing. we are tired of being judged by a bunch of old religious teachers and principles that have nothing better to do but try and ruin our lives.
I am sure if you asked the teachers who have to endure as chaperones, they would be more than happy to spend THEIR OWN TIME elsewhere other than having to babysit these students....
Huh

Memphis, TN

#22 Mar 20, 2012
virgin wrote:
just because when I dance with my boyfriend we hump and grind does not mean that we are having sex. thats how we dance. thats how all teenagers dance. my boyfriend and me have made chasity vows that we won't have sex till marriage. they way teenagers dance does not mean that they are all having sex. everyone dances like that. the school is crazy for making rules against dances. it is kinda like the Footloose movie. those students took their dance to somewhere else and that is what we are doing. we are tired of being judged by a bunch of old religious teachers and principles that have nothing better to do but try and ruin our lives.
Just wait until you have a daughter and some boy is humping and grinding on her while dancing. I just bet as a parent you will be very uncomfortable with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If Illegal aliens have to leave.... 1 hr County folks 12
Who is the sexist. Women in unuoncity 5 hr Wonderin 10
Punka$$ Schmitz Brothers 7 hr Guest 29
Drug bust Obion county 9 hr Guest 11
Jessica Keeling 13 hr truth 3
Kayla kirk? 17 hr One more time 2
Barry james Fri Well 8

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages