First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Interesting

Cookeville, TN

#21 Jun 4, 2012
wondering wrote:
Just to let you know that great principal is not who you may think. First he will stabb you in the back so fast if he can get something out of it . Now he has said he will be the next Gary Huston. No one is going to stop him. He does not even beleive in our heavenly father. He also tryed do hard to stop the walk of hope. Now that is one sad man. We all need to pray for him because if he gets a higher job UC will lose alot of teachers and kids.
Yeah and I heard he eats babies and kicks small woodland creatures whenever he gets the chance..

Please...
uchsmom

Martin, TN

#22 Jun 5, 2012
UCHS staff takes care of their students, especially when a rogue teacher comes in. Wes Kennedy is a fine man,we have no issues with him, and he is respectful of all races. It was another coach who had problems and quickly was asked to leave. UCHS is top priority in academics. This is coming from a parent who prefers private schools and expects top notch education.
wondering

Martin, TN

#23 Jun 5, 2012
If that is what you think you should stand back and watch and ask some of the people who work with him. Just watch him when its time for school to get out. He is the worst princial we have ever had. Everyone talks about that. SORRY!!!!!!!
F-ACT

United States

#24 Jun 10, 2012
They should be more concerned with the teachers having affairs with the EA's. And to top it off they are both married!!!!!
UCman

Topeka, KS

#25 Jun 10, 2012
I went to UCHS and it has gone down hill alot and as for Wes he is a BIG JOKE!!
54 teachers

Hickman, KY

#26 Jun 10, 2012
UC must be better at educating students. UC didn't have to move 54 teachers around. UC has never had to move that many teachers around. UC must be doing something much better than the county system.
My opinion

United States

#27 Jun 12, 2012
I have had one child attend union city high school....none of my other children will attend union city schools!!!! The academics in the county are just as challenging, if not better, than those at uchs...probably better because you dont have as many disciplinary issues in the classroom that teachers have to "deal with"... As for the administration....as long as your child is on the football team, you shouldn't have any trouble!! Football takes priority over academics EVERY DAY at Uchs! You can ask the students themselves....they will tell you...they got pretty tired of having the football program rammed down their throats when my child attended! And, yes, Kennedy is a snake in the grass....BEWARE! Certain teachers receive preferential treatment because they are his neighbor or because they are a coach, but the rest, he rarely even acknowledges them!!!!! And if YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY, YOUR CHILD WON'T MEAN JACK TO HIM!!! He should take his family and go back to wherever he came from.
Not impressed

Jackson, TN

#28 Jun 13, 2012
He gave the opening words at graduation a couple years ago and he is either a total idiot or he was drunk.
Concerned Mother

United States

#29 Jun 20, 2012
Thanks to everyone who posted on this. I'm very happy that the majority of responses were from either parents or students that experienced him first hand. Let's just say my child and their siblings will NOT be returning this upcoming year.

I was very impressed at the academics and the cleanliness... And that was about it. I understand that the dresscode is a very useful rule at the school and made it easier for the kids to choose what to wear, but why aren't the office faculty following the same code? It got a big old seeing the secretary and that blond woman dressing like.... That.

There is favoritism amongst the higher-ups at UCHS, that's for sure. If you are not on the football team, a cheerleader, on the choir of your church, or rolling in cash, GO TO ANOTHER SCHOOL !!!! They are only there for the "commitment, excellence & heritage" of the white, athletic, Christian, and rich students.

And finally... The principal this whole thread was created about. Who's brilliant idea was it to put a man like him in charge? My biggest fears were true. Does he realize that there are bigger things in this world than football? He acts like someone spit in his cheeri-o's and that every student who isn't on the football team or rolling in money is a criminal. He is not professional AT all. Anytime I would speak to him he wouldn't give me his full attention, wouldn't answer my questions directly, and acted like I wasn't worth his time.

My review of UCHS as a whole:

Academics: A+
Cleanliness: A
Lunch & breakfast: C
Principal: F-
Office staff: C
- However, I will say that guidance counselor is amazing, bless her heart.
Appearance of grounds: B

Thank you to everyone who has commented. Please keep this going so other people can know their experiences with this school.
truth

Martin, TN

#30 Jun 21, 2012
Academics: A+

Sounds like a perfect reason to NOT go there.....

Thanks again for your contribution to our society...
wondering

Martin, TN

#31 Jun 25, 2012
My opinion wrote:
I have had one child attend union city high school....none of my other children will attend union city schools!!!! The academics in the county are just as challenging, if not better, than those at uchs...probably better because you dont have as many disciplinary issues in the classroom that teachers have to "deal with"... As for the administration....as long as your child is on the football team, you shouldn't have any trouble!! Football takes priority over academics EVERY DAY at Uchs! You can ask the students themselves....they will tell you...they got pretty tired of having the football program rammed down their throats when my child attended! And, yes, Kennedy is a snake in the grass....BEWARE! Certain teachers receive preferential treatment because they are his neighbor or because they are a coach, but the rest, he rarely even acknowledges them!!!!! And if YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY, YOUR CHILD WON'T MEAN JACK TO HIM!!! He should take his family and go back to wherever he came from.
Could not say it better!!!!
Hitman

Martin, TN

#32 Jun 25, 2012
We spray paint our football field and shave our nuggets! Go UC!
momof3

United States

#33 Sep 10, 2012
I would like to see academics become the new "cool". Sports successes, while they attract the attention, are positive for UCHS. But athletes who can't find a verb with both hands need academic review, not more film time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OOps, She did it again 16 min dgp 17
jason holly 22 min wondering 1
shell 35 min JudgeJudy 14
Is Brian Andrews single???? 3 hr possum 5
Kare Bear Director 3 hr Teacher 53
First Friends Preschool 5 hr Judas 164
new POLARIS RANGER'S SUCK!!! (Nov '10) 8 hr ARCQB 117
More from around the web

Union City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE