cheer Sport in Union City
ocgal

Martin, TN

#41 Apr 20, 2010
ohhhh wrote:
Somebody has her panties in a wad
Dont blame her. This place is nothing but a bashing site!
tenant

Martin, TN

#43 Apr 20, 2010
Whatever....Amber is a great coach and the parent team didnt compete...it was just for fun. And those girls get points for that makeup because it looks good when they perform! Geez--what haters you all are. Get a life and take your daughter out of it if you have such a problem with it.
Supporter

Waterloo, IA

#44 Apr 20, 2010
WOW!! Is all I can say to all of this gossip!! I am a huge supporter of the Cheer Extreme Allstars! I have a niece that is on one of the teams and she has NEVER once complained of Amber! I have been to every competition and I have NEVER heard Amber not praise her girls for their GREAT job!! As far as the makeup???...does it really matter? If your child was in a play or even in color guard they have to wear more makeup than these girls!! It is a performance it is not like they wear it everyday!! Then as for the uniforms....please!...these girls are dressed like they are going to church compared to all the other teams they compete with! Those of you making all the negative comments should be ashamed...your adults! If you were my parent I would be ashamed of you! Talk about people setting bad examples for your children!..sounds like you got that one in the bag!!!
Supporter

Waterloo, IA

#45 Apr 20, 2010
tenant wrote:
Whatever....Amber is a great coach and the parent team didnt compete...it was just for fun. And those girls get points for that makeup because it looks good when they perform! Geez--what haters you all are. Get a life and take your daughter out of it if you have such a problem with it.
Much agreed!!! Instead of bashing the coach and cheer extreme and making yourself look like a complete A** for doing so...then just dont participate!
cea

Martin, TN

#46 Apr 20, 2010
Agreed, The girl on the Senior squad works at the gym. She was actually filling in for another coach who was out with a back injury. I don't see anything wrong with a COACH filling in for another COACH on the parent/ COACH team.. if you're smart enough to catch onto the COACH drift. You are just an ignorant person who has the nerve to call themselves a parent. Parents are aware of the cost of the cheer squads. End of year parties and other parties are held because the kids and parents want to have them. You may need to reevaluate your own priorities before you stick your nose where it doesn't belong.. which is in judging others. Your foul language and hateful attitude towards other people makes you no better than anyone else. It makes you a sour person. People don't like to be around people like that. So instead of evaluating Amber Jones, you need to evaluate yourself.
worried for the kids

Memphis, TN

#47 May 3, 2010
The concern about Amber is that she is suppose to be "teaching" these girls to tumble and flip and she doesnt have a clue about the correct way to do it. one of these girls will get SERIOUSLY injuried one of these days because Amber is in WAY OVER HER HEAD !! Gymnastics is very dangerous Sport if not taught by someone who knows what they are doing and she tries to put too much of that in her routines --- her ONLY GOAL is to walk away with the biggest prize, no matter the expense to the parents, or kids ... it sad these parents continue to encourge her and fuel her ego and pocket book
Aunt of One

United States

#48 May 10, 2010
guest wrote:
i just wish that those LITTLE GIRLS in cheer extreme didnt have to wear sooooo much makeup and open mid drift uniforms!!!! they are so young! they wear more than me and im 28 years old!!!!
Uniforms do not expose mid drift and make up is stage make up. It's for the performance. No difference than being in a play. They do an awesome job. Way to go girls!
Aunt of One

United States

#49 May 10, 2010
One who knows wrote:
The cheer coach above says they do not wear alot of make-up that is bullsh*t. They wear so much that it takes my child at least an hour to get it all off. On top of that they put glitter in their hair that is very hard to get out. Amber is a good coach but being that she has no kids of her own she seems to think she comes first. It is her way and no other way will work. Amber thinks her sh*t dont stink. If you ask parents that go or have had children in her program they eiter lover her and worship her every word or hate her there is no in between. Also if you go to her gym you will see she is like some crazy person who puts notes everywhere and thinks you should read all of them she has no organazation. You will also spend a whole lot of money for the extra stuff like going to competitions, shoes, uniforms ect. They have a competition coming up in IN and Amber wants everyone to stay in the same hotel at 140 a night. She does not care because she charges the parents to pay for her room. Dont go to Amber unless you want to be a follower.
At this last competition She cheated with her parent squad by saying one of the girls was a parent and she is in highschool. The girl wore a shirt saying she graduated in 88 and she was not even born yet. F*** Amber and her gym
Why are you on here bashing her and the program...must not hate it too much you are giving her your money and still in the program. GET OUT!
lalala

Eads, TN

#50 Jun 23, 2010
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a competition then why did your group win first place in Nashville. Oh yea because you cheated hmmm!!!!!!
They competed against themselves! wow shows how much you know. and it all started to show all the kids how proud they were of them. and if you've ever been to a competition which you probably havent you probably know nothing about cheerleading. cheer extreme wears the least make up and is the most modest there!! I would know considering i've cheered there! SO get a life and stop talking about sports you know nothing about...thanks!
hmmm

Eads, TN

#51 Jun 23, 2010
worried for the kids wrote:
The concern about Amber is that she is suppose to be "teaching" these girls to tumble and flip and she doesnt have a clue about the correct way to do it. one of these girls will get SERIOUSLY injuried one of these days because Amber is in WAY OVER HER HEAD !! Gymnastics is very dangerous Sport if not taught by someone who knows what they are doing and she tries to put too much of that in her routines --- her ONLY GOAL is to walk away with the biggest prize, no matter the expense to the parents, or kids ... it sad these parents continue to encourge her and fuel her ego and pocket book
For you info she can tumble i've been there and seen her do it! so before you say she doesnt know the correct way maybe you should go there and watch some!!
Another one who knows

Miami, FL

#52 Jun 24, 2010
Yall keep kissing Ambers Ass she likes it and will continue to take her money. I heard that she lost alot of kids off her cheer squad this year I am glad to hear it. I also know that the more that is written on here the more Amber will post notes there at her gym telling people to come see her if there is a problem. That is bullshit if you approach Amber about a problem or a concern she will turn it on your kid. Amber needs to take time to learn how to run a business. Yes she is a good coach but she forgets who she is working for. The people that go there are her boss and she wont admit that. I hope people continue to pull out and she loses money.
DOES NOT MATTER

Miami, FL

#53 Jul 1, 2010
Amber cheered in high school only and worked as a gymnastics instructor somewhere by what I heard from a former parent. Sure she may be very good with kids, however do not be suprised if your little girl gets seriously hurt. She does not practice safety skills for the girls to use while performing. She is very good at "winging it" I would keep my daughter far away from her and the so called "cheer sport" and stick with the school programs and looking into cheer associations that focus on good technique, support and proper functioning of mucles and bones in order to keep her safe and healthy. After all you do want whats best for your daughter right?
parent

Utica, KY

#54 Jul 1, 2010
my Daughter came from Lakewood in martin under Mr.Ed several of the girls dropped out over there well let me correct that ALOT of the girls have left over there due to not progressing and him and his staff not teaching properly! I didnt want to continue to pay to watch his staff sit around and talk to each other while they were supposed to be teaching..and when the time came and he asked my daughter did they teach you this and this and she had no idea what he was talking about it was then he had a look on his face like oh crap!!

we then went to Amber in union city and within 5 minutes of the first class my daughter did a round off backhandspring unspotted while being coached by her teachers and her..all I can say is several of the other girls went in and did the same thing so why Ed was so busy pointing his finger going its not my fault is age of such and such that just goes to show you he's the one that's more at fault than anyone when it comes to business and the proper learning..I have always heard over there Amber dont teach things safe well turns out its just them being mad because Amber actually started off teaching over there and then left and brought cheer extreme with her and has grown in size....

Point is Amber has done extrememly well with my child and if someone wants to know how good she does go check it out she will be proud for you to stop in and watch!
DOES NOT MATTER

United States

#55 Jul 7, 2010
Good luck!
When

United States

#56 Jul 7, 2010
With all this bickering, I'd like to see the girls perform. Do they perform around here or is it just Nationals or way off somewhere?
I was never a cheerleader but all my best friends were and I loved watching them. I juat never could get the hang of it.
ughh

United States

#57 Jul 30, 2010
Im 15 and I use to take gymnasticts there and if I was you I would NOT choose her, When I was cheering for my school ( I dont anymore ) but when I quit Amber's I went to Mr.Ed's in Martin!(: He and his staff are GREAT! Amber actually use to work at Lakewood( Martin) and I dont know what happened their but something blew up. The only thing Amber is worried about is gettin herself up in Union City society, if your families last name doesnt have tons of money in the bank then your not nothing to her! She chooses her favorites! Some girls dont even have to pay ( i know this for a fact) Because she likes them better than others . Shes very rude, very IMMATURE , and doesnt know how to work with kids! I came home crying so many times because of her. And the girls that learn how to tumble from her, theyre usaully not near as good as Martin's because Mr.Ed actaully takes time to teach you properally , she doesnt, like they said all shes worried about is HERSELF and to WIN WIN WIN!!!!
big jim

Charlotte, NC

#58 Jul 31, 2010
i got a hell of a idea if you dont like the way they do things there dont go and stop bitching that would prolly be a good idea
wow big jim cheerleader

United States

#59 Aug 4, 2010
like you have a dog in the race here? what in your right mind do think you know anything about cheerleading? you are a man you dont so why dont you go work your belly fat off and do something useful as a man is supposed to do!!lmao
this surprises me

Cadiz, KY

#60 Jun 6, 2011
My daughter is starting gymnastics at lakewood tom to be exact. If i would have known about Union City i would have tried there because thats where i live. Im not sure what all you ppl have against amber but nothing anyone has said would make me not take my child there. I was a cheerleader through middle and high school and i know the cost and the uniforms you have to wear that is just part of it. Some can most definitely be expensive but thats just part of it as well. Im am really surprised as to how you so called adults talk on here. I realize this is a sight where everyone bashes everyone else but the languages are horrible. My daughter is three and will be four in september. I want her to be taught and trained well in all that she does. However it will be about my daughter and how much fun she has in doing the sport not about who i like more or who wins more for that matter.
Keith Radde

Covington, TN

#61 Jun 7, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I would admit to being on a Parent Team that cheated by having members lie about their status in order to perfom.
As for being modest in comparison to other cheer teams, why not just be modest in terms of modesty.
Just because other teams have parents who "wh*re up their daughter's appearances", why feel the need to compete on their level.
Let the little girls be little girls. They are only young people for 18 years. The rest of their lives will be spent as adults.
Why rush the aging process?
For everyone out there talking bad about flip and tumble you definiteley need to go somewhere else. Amber is a good coach and any girl can learn alot from her if they are willing to work hard. She expects alot from the girls but that is how you get better. Just like anything people get their children involved in there are gonna be some people that think their child is better than what they really are and instead of facing reality they blame the coach. Flip and tumble is a good place. As far as parent coach team goes I was on it and it wasnt for a competition but simply an exhibition and yes one of the girls is a cheer squad member but she also helps coach so nobody was trying to cheat people or mislead them. If you dont think Amber is a good coach or cares about her girls then youre wrong and should really quit trying to taint her reputation on Topix. If you have a problem with someone you should approach them and not talk trash on the internet under a hidden identity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fire destroys church in Union City, TN 10 min Stickum Up 51
Tattoo shop 26 min Calvin 2
Doing the right thing 54 min hopeless 24
Obion county fair 3 hr what I heard 2
What deer think sequentially? 4 hr Buck 2
Union city football 4 hr Statechamp09 22
Drugs n Tyson 6 hr Bubba 23

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages