Houses For Rent !!!!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Jackson, TN

#1 Jan 21, 2013
Does anyone know of any houses for rent...Union City, Troy, Hickman, In the country or anywhere nearby?????
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#2 Jan 21, 2013
Not for section 8 trash
who not to rent from

Dallas, TX

#3 Jan 22, 2013
Do not rent any houses where the landlords impose late fees that are more than 10% of the rent. It is illegal to charge more than that. Also, if anybody tells you they will not rent to you because you have kids you can turn them in. That is against the law and violates the fair housing act.
who not to rent from

Dallas, TX

#4 Jan 22, 2013
Can anybody think of any landlords to avoid in the Obion, Lake, and Hickman areas? Tennants need to know these things!

Union City, TN

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Anyone?
citizen

Desoto, TX

#6 Feb 23, 2013
If you want to make decisions on late charges you can by my properties an run it anyway you want to.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#7 Feb 24, 2013
who not to rent from wrote:
Do not rent any houses where the landlords impose late fees that are more than 10% of the rent. It is illegal to charge more than that. Also, if anybody tells you they will not rent to you because you have kids you can turn them in. That is against the law and violates the fair housing act.
Pay your bills on time like your landlord has to and the late fee wont come into play
One gets sick and tired of deadbeats that dont pay their bills bragging about all the rights they have
Best advice to landlords is to check credit and references and those that dont pay on time 100%...don't rent to them
of course

Arlington, TX

#8 Mar 1, 2013
We all know you pay all your bills exactly on time Brian. We all know you also hate welfare and income tax earned income credit. You're perfect like that. All hail to Brian....Mr. Perfect!
of course

Arlington, TX

#9 Mar 1, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>Pay your bills on time like your landlord has to and the late fee wont come into play
One gets sick and tired of deadbeats that dont pay their bills bragging about all the rights they have
Best advice to landlords is to check credit and references and those that dont pay on time 100%...don't rent to them
Whether they impose a late fee is up to them but regardless of the situation, the landlord must obey the law. 10% is all one can charge legally. The poster who said that was stating Fair Housing Act Laws and I looked the laws up and found them to be correct. And I have news for you....NO ONE pays their bills on time 100% of the time. There is always something that can come up unexpectedly like emergencies. Of course, people who think they are perfec. I.e. you, can only see faults in others.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#10 Mar 1, 2013
of course wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether they impose a late fee is up to them but regardless of the situation, the landlord must obey the law. 10% is all one can charge legally. The poster who said that was stating Fair Housing Act Laws and I looked the laws up and found them to be correct. And I have news for you....NO ONE pays their bills on time 100% of the time. There is always something that can come up unexpectedly like emergencies. Of course, people who think they are perfec. I.e. you, can only see faults in others.
Some do pay their bills on time and are not common welchers
Thats why landlords now check credit very carefully and do not allow welchers in to begin with
of course

Dallas, TX

#11 Mar 1, 2013
You are not a welcher if you happen to pay a bill late every once in a while. A welcher is a swindler who avoids paying a debt altogether. Paying it late is not avoiding the debt.
Check

Jackson, TN

#12 Mar 1, 2013
of course wrote:
You are not a welcher if you happen to pay a bill late every once in a while. A welcher is a swindler who avoids paying a debt altogether. Paying it late is not avoiding the debt.
like someone that borrowed money from different friends to buy there boyfriends Christmas and never paying it back!
of course

Dallas, TX

#13 Mar 1, 2013
Check wrote:
<quoted text> like someone that borrowed money from different friends to buy there boyfriends Christmas and never paying it back!
Yes, that would qualify.
mbmjsm

Martin, TN

#14 Mar 2, 2013
I know of 6 houses in Union City that are available. Subject to background checks, need proof of income,and have a good renters history.
perry mason

Union City, TN

#15 Mar 2, 2013
of course wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure you're 100% correct. I think that you can't charge more than $100 dollars per month for a late fee. You can charge late fee per day not to exceed $100 dollars per month. If I'm wrong, please let me know the TCA number so I can review it.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#16 Mar 2, 2013
With all of that out of work Goodyear trash parading around I wouldnt be too sure on past credit checks. They may have paid good when the money was rolling in but today things are different
Interested

United States

#17 Mar 2, 2013
mbmjsm wrote:
I know of 6 houses in Union City that are available. Subject to background checks, need proof of income,and have a good renters history.
Where are they listed? I would like more info. Thanks
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#18 Mar 2, 2013
Why not pitch a tent out at Reelfoot? There is even a lake there for the kiddies to play in
of course

Dallas, TX

#19 Mar 3, 2013
perry mason wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure you're 100% correct. I think that you can't charge more than $100 dollars per month for a late fee. You can charge late fee per day not to exceed $100 dollars per month. If I'm wrong, please let me know the TCA number so I can review it.
Tennessee Rules on Late Fees Rent is legally due on the date specified in your lease or rental agreement (usually the first of the month). If you don’t pay rent when it is due, the landlord may begin charging you a late fee. Under Tennessee law, a landlord cannot charge a late fee until the rent is five days late (the day rent is due is counted as the first day). If day five is a Sunday or legal holiday, the landlord cannot impose a fee if the rent is paid on the next business day. The fee cannot exceed 10% of the amount past due. Amount of Notice Tennessee Landlords Must Give Tenants to Increase Rent Tennessee does not have a state statute on the amount of notice the landlord must provide tenants in order to increase the rent or change other terms of a month-to-month rental agreement. Unless your rental agreement specifies otherwise, the landlord must typically provide the same amount of notice to change the rent or another term of the tenancy as state law requires the landlord to provide when ending the tenancy—in this case, 30 days. Keep in mind that if you have a long-term lease, the landlord may not increase the rent until the lease ends and a new tenancy begins—unless the lease itself provides for an increase. Rent Increases as Retaliation or Discrimination Tennessee landlords may not raise the rent in a discriminatory manner—for example, only for members of a certain race. Also, Tennessee landlords may not use a rent increase in retaliation against you for exercising a legal right—for example, in response to your legitimate complaint to a local housing agency about a broken heater. Tennessee State Laws on Termination for Nonpayment of Rent States set specific rules and procedures for ending a tenancy when a tenant has not paid the rent. Tennessee landlords must give tenants at least fourteen days in which to pay the rent and sixteen days in which to move. If the tenant does neither, the landlord can file for eviction. Tennessee Guide to Tenant Rights For an overview of tenant rights when it comes to paying rent under Tennessee landlord-tenant law, see http://www.sitemason.com/files/edGzXa/Rural%2... . Tennessee State Laws on Late Fees, Termination for Nonpayment of Rent, and Other Rent-Related Issues For state rent rules and procedures on issues such as raising rent, see Tenn. Code Ann.§§ 66-28-201(c), 66-28-201(d), and 66-28-512.
For Tennessee laws on termination for nonpayment of rent, see Tenn. Code Ann.§ 66-28-505.
This is where I found the laws mentioned by the other poster. This says 10% period. According to this the only way you can charge $100 late fee is if the rent is $1,000.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#20 Mar 3, 2013
Pay your bills on time and you wouldnt be concerened about all of this
I realize that is hard to do but the landlord has to pay their bills on time so why can't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How is Union City doing? 36 min guys 19
That Chic Hit him with an Axe (Jan '13) 2 hr Karmagonnagetya 20
Kare Bear Director 3 hr Jasmine 70
genothebitcho 3 hr ashleys mama 9
First Friends Preschool 8 hr sand man 174
Chuck Reedy (May '13) 10 hr MaintenanceMan 13
Van Glover (county bus driver) arrest 12 hr Sounds like a Song 18
More from around the web

Union City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE