Decor direct is closing
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Henderson, TN

#24 Jul 31, 2012
I will really miss the store.However when it made all the changes with adding candles and all that other type things they didn't carry before,I knew they were probably headed for a downfall.The store just wasn't the same.
shame

Missouri City, TX

#25 Aug 1, 2012
So many small businesses going under these days. The economy sucks right now. Most people are barely getting by and can't spend extra money and local businessses are suffering the consequences. People are just raking and scraping to get by.
Need to know

Paris, TN

#26 Aug 2, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text> What!!
Martin has a college to teach young adults how to be "good"
players. I'm sure some emphasis is put on physical work.
College does not teach anyone to be "good". College teaches what is needed to get jobs that DO NOT require physical labor. College also opens the mind to many ways of thinking and a highter level of knowledge. It cannot teach wisdom.
Simply put

Paris, TN

#27 Aug 2, 2012
Puckett wrote:
Just ask the local government what there plan is looks like someone in this town would get off there butts and look st the big picture and attempt to help this dying town come election we will see what some of them got in mind.
With so many American jobs going to other countries the same thing is happening all over the U.S. I don't blame the people in those other countries. They are just trying to survive and are barely doing it because the pay is just barely above slave labor.
Another casualty

United States

#28 Aug 3, 2012
shame wrote:
So many small businesses going under these days. The economy sucks right now. Most people are barely getting by and can't spend extra money and local businessses are suffering the consequences. People are just raking and scraping to get by.
Yes, and yesterday I found out China Grove closed. I was by there today and all their stuff has been moved out. They are still going to sell the portable buildings, but all the food and deli items are gone.
Anonymous

Morristown, TN

#29 Aug 3, 2012
Hey, I've just received a free Minecraft Giftcode!
You can get one too!
>> minecraftcodes.me <<
kim

Clarksville, TN

#30 Aug 13, 2012
have they completely closed their doors down?
#31 Aug 16, 2012
Just curious, does anyone know approximately how many people are/were employed by Decor Direct?
in the know
#32 Aug 16, 2012
i believe around a dozen
ICU
#33 Aug 16, 2012
The town is continuing its downward spiral as a result of the Goodyear plant closing.
Too bad you bozos...ya did it to yourselves
big dog

San Jose, CA

#34 Aug 17, 2012
Yes it is going down the tubes, but blaming the x goodyear employees isnt the right direction to be pointing. There was quite of few folks that were abusing the system but if you check around there is plenty of that going around other industries as well. It had more to do with corporate greed and a grudge that the upper echelon of goodyear management had with the plant itself. This had developed years ago and had festered like an open sore over the years. As well as the two million that tennessee offered goodyear to stay. It didnt come close to the 60 million and 40 million that north carolina and alabama offered. There were 3 plants in the running this go around of plant closures. Now there will be just two for the next one and there will be a next one. The plan is to have all of the plants operating of foriegn soil as soon as possible. Danville and Topeka plants both have big government contracts and thats what is keeping them alive. The situation is only going to get worse as time goes on. And icu, its just a matter of time before either you ort a close family member has to suffer for it. So gloat all you can, its just a matter of time before someone else is gloating at either yours or a loved one of yours hartdships. What goes around comes around. Wanna a job, go to mexico!...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is da guy tht cms here in a white cadillac ... 1 hr James 5
Calvary Baptist Church 3 hr hopeful 23
Why more fences at graham park? 4 hr truth 8
I want to f*** Treon sun or Little victor 5 hr Freak in the sheets 26
White cadillac 7 hr mmmm37 1
Spanking 18 hr hopeful 3
Party house 21 hr guest 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages