c-section and mini tummy tuck at the ...

c-section and mini tummy tuck at the same time

Posted in the Union City Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
wondering

Mayfield, KY

#1 Aug 28, 2011
I was just wondering if anyone around here has ever had a c-section and a mini tummy tuck at the same time? If so who was the doctor that did it?

Jackson, TN

#2 Aug 28, 2011
wondering wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone around here has ever had a c-section and a mini tummy tuck at the same time? If so who was the doctor that did it?
Those 2 procedures require 2 separate types of doctors.
Good luck finding a doctor that has a degree for obstetrics and body reduction procedures.
slim

Martin, TN

#3 Aug 28, 2011
wondering wrote:
Start now. Don't put your chair aso close to the feeding trough.

Newbern, TN

#4 Aug 28, 2011
That might be the most self absorbed, superficial, selfish, stupid thing I've ever heard.
wondering wrote:
wondering

Mayfield, KY

#5 Aug 29, 2011
Not when you have sagging skin due to previous pregnancies and it makes you feel uncomfortable. Selfish? why? Cause I want to do something for myself... to make myself feel better? It is not a full blown tummy tuck. Do your research before you start trying to be a jerk. You either must have awesome genes.. or no children or don't care if you have saggin skin. I on the other hand don't have good genes when it comes to this. I have stretch marks and sagging skin. I can live with the marks but the sagging skin has to go. There are a lot of women with the same issue and would do it if given the chance and it was a safe procedure. And before you say exercise... I have and even a doctor will tell you that no amount of exercise will take the sagging skin away. Your opinion about my character is way off... I know who I am.. thanks anyway though! Have a great day asshole!
hello

Newark, NJ

#6 Aug 29, 2011
a friend of mine had 4 kids and worked out a lot but had severe excess skin. She had a mini tummy tuck performed by Dr. Boyd in Paris and he did a fantastic job. Hope this helps and good luck to u!
wondering

Mayfield, KY

#7 Aug 29, 2011
hello wrote:
a friend of mine had 4 kids and worked out a lot but had severe excess skin. She had a mini tummy tuck performed by Dr. Boyd in Paris and he did a fantastic job. Hope this helps and good luck to u!
Thank you so much. It is so nice to get a response that is not rude. I will check into him for sure!

Newbern, TN

#8 Aug 29, 2011
wondering wrote:
Not when you have sagging skin due to previous pregnancies and it makes you feel uncomfortable. Selfish? why? Cause I want to do something for myself... to make myself feel better? It is not a full blown tummy tuck. Do your research before you start trying to be a jerk. You either must have awesome genes.. or no children or don't care if you have saggin skin. I on the other hand don't have good genes when it comes to this. I have stretch marks and sagging skin. I can live with the marks but the sagging skin has to go. There are a lot of women with the same issue and would do it if given the chance and it was a safe procedure. And before you say exercise... I have and even a doctor will tell you that no amount of exercise will take the sagging skin away. Your opinion about my character is way off... I know who I am.. thanks anyway though! Have a great day asshole!
No, I do have kids. But you're wanting to schedule a C section for one, which is not always the best idea, and you're wanting to prolong the already longer recovery by adding to it.
I'm not vain enough to have had plastic surgery yet, but if I did I would go no smaller than Memphis or Nashville.

Also, for plastic surgery, you're put under. For an elective C, you get an epi or a spinal. You're wanting to have yourself knocked out for the birth and lose even more bonding, just so that you can look better in a bikini?

Not to mention, it just isn't the best idea because many women need time to lose the extra weight after a child is born. Most gain at least 25lbs, which is healthy, but a 7lb baby + fluid don't equal that whole gain. You should wait until the weight is leveled off to do it.
wondering

Mayfield, KY

#9 Aug 29, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do have kids. But you're wanting to schedule a C section for one, which is not always the best idea, and you're wanting to prolong the already longer recovery by adding to it.
I'm not vain enough to have had plastic surgery yet, but if I did I would go no smaller than Memphis or Nashville.
Also, for plastic surgery, you're put under. For an elective C, you get an epi or a spinal. You're wanting to have yourself knocked out for the birth and lose even more bonding, just so that you can look better in a bikini?
Not to mention, it just isn't the best idea because many women need time to lose the extra weight after a child is born. Most gain at least 25lbs, which is healthy, but a 7lb baby + fluid don't equal that whole gain. You should wait until the weight is leveled off to do it.
It is NOT an elective c-section. At what point did i insinuate that it was elective? Pretty sure I didn't, but you thought that up hoping you would sound smarter. Didn't work. But thanks for your non-helpful and obviously close minded reply. I don't want to look better in a bikini. I want to feel better in my own skin.
ICU

Collinsville, IL

#10 Aug 29, 2011
Sounds like a fat slob that is too lazy to diet or exercise
wondering

Mayfield, KY

#11 Aug 29, 2011
ICU wrote:
Sounds like a fat slob that is too lazy to diet or exercise
Well, Damn.. you have figured me out.

Newbern, TN

#12 Aug 29, 2011
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOT an elective c-section. At what point did i insinuate that it was elective? Pretty sure I didn't, but you thought that up hoping you would sound smarter. Didn't work. But thanks for your non-helpful and obviously close minded reply. I don't want to look better in a bikini. I want to feel better in my own skin.
No, what I said about anesthesia differences and the weight loss post baby made no sense at all. Wasn't helpful a bit. Ok. ;]

Sorry, I think the timing that you're hoping for is not well thought out, and it is vain. I can understand not liking the way you look, but you should wait, considering both what I said in the last paragraph and that about the anesthetic differences & the fact that you wouldn't get that initial bonding time with a newborn who will need you. Ya know?
ICU

Granite City, IL

#13 Aug 29, 2011
Can you imagine the saggy skin that will be left over after these procedures and full of stretchmarks too
YUK!!!
wondering

Mayfield, KY

#14 Aug 29, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I said about anesthesia differences and the weight loss post baby made no sense at all. Wasn't helpful a bit. Ok. ;]
Sorry, I think the timing that you're hoping for is not well thought out, and it is vain. I can understand not liking the way you look, but you should wait, considering both what I said in the last paragraph and that about the anesthetic differences & the fact that you wouldn't get that initial bonding time with a newborn who will need you. Ya know?
Much better stated. There is always a way to speak, or in this case type, to people makes all the difference in the world as to how your opinion is taken. I don't need it to be sugar coated, but also not rude. And you were initially rude.
Yes, I actually do agree with you on that. I think it SOUNDS better to wait. But my thought process was (and I might be off) was that since I HAVE to have a c-section and am going to be cut open and in more pain than normal anyways.. why not get a little of the extra skin removed. If would interfere with the birth or put my baby in any danger I would never think of doing it. I do see your point about the bonding too. With my last c-section, after the baby was out and they were cleaning and weighing him, they put me to sleep without my consent or knowledge beforehand so I didn't get that bonding time then either. And I have to say everything is fine. I am not being sarcastic when I say that. Basically I was just asking if anyone has had it done, and if so who was the doctor. I don't know the exacts of the surgery. I was just trying to explore my options. And I am not vain in any way. I will listen to everything you have to say, but please don't assume I am a vain person.
wondering

Mayfield, KY

#15 Aug 29, 2011
ICU wrote:
Can you imagine the saggy skin that will be left over after these procedures and full of stretchmarks too
YUK!!!
I know, right....!!!!

Newbern, TN

#16 Aug 29, 2011
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Much better stated. There is always a way to speak, or in this case type, to people makes all the difference in the world as to how your opinion is taken. I don't need it to be sugar coated, but also not rude. And you were initially rude.
Yes, I actually do agree with you on that. I think it SOUNDS better to wait. But my thought process was (and I might be off) was that since I HAVE to have a c-section and am going to be cut open and in more pain than normal anyways.. why not get a little of the extra skin removed. If would interfere with the birth or put my baby in any danger I would never think of doing it. I do see your point about the bonding too. With my last c-section, after the baby was out and they were cleaning and weighing him, they put me to sleep without my consent or knowledge beforehand so I didn't get that bonding time then either. And I have to say everything is fine. I am not being sarcastic when I say that. Basically I was just asking if anyone has had it done, and if so who was the doctor. I don't know the exacts of the surgery. I was just trying to explore my options. And I am not vain in any way. I will listen to everything you have to say, but please don't assume I am a vain person.
Sorry if it was offensive, but I'm a bit opinionated and work in that field. Hard to hold back the initial reaction about it.
And if they knocked you out without a good reason I would be raising heck about that, or more likely using a different doc. Hopefully you will find a helpful surgeon after the healing process of your birth.
ICU

Collinsville, IL

#17 Aug 29, 2011
I bet you could get an abortion and aa tummy tuck at the same time

United States

#18 Aug 29, 2011
I wrote this earlier, but it looks like it didn't post. So I'll try again.

Due to this doctor not wanting to be specifically known for this, I won't post any names. There is one that I know of though that does do c-sections (only if it absolutely necessary to have one), and will go the "extra mile" to ensure excess skin is pulled tighter. They also do what is called "cutting the scar out." I'm not sure what exactly that consists of, but it's where they pull the loose skin in and sew it in a way so the scar is not horrible.

I had it done recently with my last c-section, and honestly couldn't be happier with it. The doctor knew I was still having a hard time tightening up the skin after my previous pregnancy, and said this way would give me a jumpstart. You can barely see the scar (after 3 c-sections), and I have no baggy skin left. I have the stretch marks still, and having to workout 3 days a week per docs orders, but I'm very thankful to have the help they gave.
ICU

Collinsville, IL

#19 Aug 29, 2011
guest wrote:
I wrote this earlier, but it looks like it didn't post. So I'll try again.
Due to this doctor not wanting to be specifically known for this, I won't post any names. There is one that I know of though that does do c-sections (only if it absolutely necessary to have one), and will go the "extra mile" to ensure excess skin is pulled tighter. They also do what is called "cutting the scar out." I'm not sure what exactly that consists of, but it's where they pull the loose skin in and sew it in a way so the scar is not horrible.
I had it done recently with my last c-section, and honestly couldn't be happier with it. The doctor knew I was still having a hard time tightening up the skin after my previous pregnancy, and said this way would give me a jumpstart. You can barely see the scar (after 3 c-sections), and I have no baggy skin left. I have the stretch marks still, and having to workout 3 days a week per docs orders, but I'm very thankful to have the help they gave.
Did you have the baby or did you have a c section abortion?
bethy

Paducah, KY

#20 Aug 29, 2011
I don't think it's a good idea, mostly because you would lose the bonding with the baby, but I can certainly understand why you would consider it. I was knocked out for a c-section because I could feel them cutting me even after whatever needle they stuck in my back. I didn't get to see my baby until he was 9 hours old. I missed the birth, didn't get to tell my dumb-ass husband to take more than 2 pics, didn't get to have those precious first moments. 17 years later it still bothers me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House for rent Union city Tn, or Martin Tn 4 hr SandD 1
Jessica Dial 4 hr Guest 4
Wow 6 hr Wow 5
Union city boys basketball 7 hr Not a brown-noser 14
camera cop cars (Sep '10) 8 hr I_Flash_You 8
Jerry award AutoPlex 8 hr Helpme 12
Child Support Causing Poverty in Noncustodial H... (Mar '13) 11 hr guess 559
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages