What has Obama done for YOU?

Posted in the Union City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just curious

United States

#1 May 3, 2012
Don't everyone jump in at once with their answer. Lol And don't bother to mention the previous president since he is no longer in office.
The Answer

Martin, TN

#2 May 4, 2012
He has made me proud by being the first elected bi-racial President. He has saved the American car industry and they are now #1 in the world in sales. He did this with no help from the "right" and also the car manufacturer is paying back the money they were loaned. He pulled our troops out of Iraq. This war was the biggest blunder of all time....(but I won't mention the President that made this gigantic blunder because it offends the "RIGHTIES". He is in the process of ending the war in Afghanistan after he bravely sent special forces into Pakistan to kill Osama Bin Laden.
He has thus far kept us out of war with Iran by using sanctions. Thank God Obama tries to have other nations help us in these endeavors and doesn't want the U.S. to "go it alone" because that is one reason our country is in debt so much right now!
Obama has kept me and you from experiencing another "great depression" by using stimulus monies etc. He has done all these things without the help of the other party because their biggest focus has been to see him "fail"!
He has thusfar kept our country afloat during a time in our countries history that will undoubtedly go down as one of the worst economically challenged times that any President has had to deal with.
He was handed a bag of lemons when he took office but I am glad to see that he has handled it well.
His Presidency didn't begin like (the one you don't want mentioned)......because (the one you don't want mentioned) was left a surplus but Obama was left a disaster to try and fix. So you see I think he has done very very well! For me and you both!
Nobama 2012

Antioch, TN

#3 May 4, 2012
Let's see... For starters, His policies made the deductible on my insurance go from a manageable 500 dollars to 5000 dollars!

Secondly, my taxes on each paycheck (I work for a living) increased by about 40 dollars per pay period!

Thirdly, this will probably be reported to his online gestapo site " attackwatch.com " because Obama is the most anti-freedom president this country has ever had!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4 May 4, 2012
Nobama 2012 wrote:
Let's see... For starters, His policies made the deductible on my insurance go from a manageable 500 dollars to 5000 dollars!
Secondly, my taxes on each paycheck (I work for a living) increased by about 40 dollars per pay period!
Thirdly, this will probably be reported to his online gestapo site " attackwatch.com " because Obama is the most anti-freedom president this country has ever had!
First off.....Don't blame ObamaCare for any insurance increases because that hasn't even took affect yet and probably will be overturned by the UnSupreme Court. But who cares right? Just do away with it because a Democrat proposed it. I hope when ObamaCare is overturned that your damn insuranse goes sky high and you end up without any.
Secondly, everyones taxes are going up. Republican controlled Tennessee is seeing property taxes going up all over the state.
Thirdly. I'm not concerned about my freedom to free speech because I am a veteran .......what are you?
do what

Owensboro, KY

#5 May 5, 2012
The Answer wrote:
He has made me proud by being the first elected bi-racial President. He has saved the American car industry and they are now #1 in the world in sales. He did this with no help from the "right" and also the car manufacturer is paying back the money they were loaned. He pulled our troops out of Iraq. This war was the biggest blunder of all time....(but I won't mention the President that made this gigantic blunder because it offends the "RIGHTIES". He is in the process of ending the war in Afghanistan after he bravely sent special forces into Pakistan to kill Osama Bin Laden.
He has thus far kept us out of war with Iran by using sanctions. Thank God Obama tries to have other nations help us in these endeavors and doesn't want the U.S. to "go it alone" because that is one reason our country is in debt so much right now!
Obama has kept me and you from experiencing another "great depression" by using stimulus monies etc. He has done all these things without the help of the other party because their biggest focus has been to see him "fail"!
He has thusfar kept our country afloat during a time in our countries history that will undoubtedly go down as one of the worst economically challenged times that any President has had to deal with.
He was handed a bag of lemons when he took office but I am glad to see that he has handled it well.
His Presidency didn't begin like (the one you don't want mentioned)......because (the one you don't want mentioned) was left a surplus but Obama was left a disaster to try and fix. So you see I think he has done very very well! For me and you both!
You are just wrong. Don't believe everything you hear. Obama is a pompous ass and who cares what color he is.

Check out this video on YouTube:

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/06/chrysler-pai...

http://www.chicagonow.com/publius-forum/2012/...

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/10/obamas-spin-...

The Nevada Democrat also falsely claimed that Bush turned a projected surplus of $7 trillion over 10 years into a $14 trillion debt. The fact is Bush inherited a $5.7 trillion debt, which became a $10.6 trillon debt.
http://www.factcheck.org/2011/08/reid-wrong-o...

Romney, April 11: He [Obama] has lost 800,000 jobs during his presidency. And by the way, do you know what percentage of those jobs lost were lost by women? Over 92 percent of the jobs lost under this president were lost by women. His policies have been, really, a war on women.

Romney’s statistic is accurate. It’s true, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, that between January 2009, when Obama took office, and March 2012, there has been a net decline of 740,000 jobs for both men and women, and that among women there has been a net loss of 683,000 jobs. The Romney campaign did the math and calculated that 92.3 percent of the jobs lost under Obama were lost by women.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2...

Meanwhile in the middle east
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/01/us-...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57425744/...
I know

Union City, TN

#6 May 5, 2012
Dear John wrote:
<quoted text>
First off.....Don't blame ObamaCare for any insurance increases because that hasn't even took affect yet and probably will be overturned by the UnSupreme Court. But who cares right? Just do away with it because a Democrat proposed it. I hope when ObamaCare is overturned that your damn insuranse goes sky high and you end up without any.
Secondly, everyones taxes are going up. Republican controlled Tennessee is seeing property taxes going up all over the state.
Thirdly. I'm not concerned about my freedom to free speech because I am a veteran .......what are you?
As a matter of fact, Obamacare HAS already made deductables go up for WORKING people. Please don't comment on something you know nothing about at all.

Union City, TN

#7 May 5, 2012
The Answer wrote:
Obama was playing golf when our SOLDIERS got Bin Laden. He had nothing to do with it!!!!! George Bush signed off on saving the car industries BEFORE he left office. Gawd you dems are so dumb. And as far as "saving" anything else, he is spending your great great grandchildren's money to buy votes. Get a clue fool!!!!
truth will set u free

Martin, TN

#9 May 5, 2012
Republicans can't lead......

The Republicans were left $200 Billion in surplus when entering The White House. They exited The White House with a $500 Billion deficit.

This is one of the things what led America into a recession. Likewise Bush borrowed from years 2001-2005 $1.5 Trillion. That my friends is more than "all" previous presidents combined.

These bad decisions led to problems in the economy and employment. About 3 Million jobs were lost in Bush's first 2 1/2 years in office. That was the worst since Herbert Hoover.

The Iraq War and the weapons of mass destruction was started on false pretenses. That led to 4,349 Americans dying in war. After 911.....a lot of Countries were sympathetic to America. The Iraq War turned that compassion to dislike of America.
The burden of this wars monetary debt rests on the backs of our future generations.

Republicans would like for the past to be swept under the rug. The creator of this thread said "don't bring up our last President" LOL
I say.....bring up everything! Bring up Clinton....I'd love to do that and bring up Monica too. I'm proud of how well everything was when Clinton was in charge. I'm not proud of some of the moral aspects of their lives and gay-marriage etc. but they are smarter than you righties and they are more compassionate for the average person.
So I say.....if you want to go back to the ways of the past when Republicans screwed everything up then that is your choice. I choose not to trust you people again. I'd still like to keep my social security!!!!!!
fo shizzle

United States

#10 May 5, 2012
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit mane. Obama done extended mines unemployment to 92 weeks. I worked at Macdonalds for a month, quit they ass, then get 92 weeks on unemployment. God bless the USA nihgrows!!!
do what

Owensboro, KY

#11 May 6, 2012
truth will set u free wrote:
Republicans can't lead......

The Republicans were left $200 Billion in surplus when entering The White House. They exited The White House with a $500 Billion deficit.

This is one of the things what led America into a recession. Likewise Bush borrowed from years 2001-2005 $1.5 Trillion. That my friends is more than "all" previous presidents combined.

These bad decisions led to problems in the economy and employment. About 3 Million jobs were lost in Bush's first 2 1/2 years in office. That was the worst since Herbert Hoover.

The Iraq War and the weapons of mass destruction was started on false pretenses. That led to 4,349 Americans dying in war. After 911.....a lot of Countries were sympathetic to America. The Iraq War turned that compassion to dislike of America.
The burden of this wars monetary debt rests on the backs of our future generations.

Republicans would like for the past to be swept under the rug. The creator of this thread said "don't bring up our last President" LOL
I say.....bring up everything! Bring up Clinton....I'd love to do that and bring up Monica too. I'm proud of how well everything was when Clinton was in charge. I'm not proud of some of the moral aspects of their lives and gay-marriage etc. but they are smarter than you righties and they are more compassionate for the average person.
So I say.....if you want to go back to the ways of the past when Republicans screwed everything up then that is your choice. I choose not to trust you people again. I'd still like to keep my social security!!!!!!
Apparently you did not read the links posted from the non-partisan Fact Check.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/08/reid-wrong-o...
heres a thought

United States

#12 May 6, 2012
I'm now a minority because of obama. I have two jobs. I am married. I take care of my kids. I pay my bills. Those things together put me in a class all by myself. Oh I didn't mention I don't rely on the government for a handout. I am a rare breed now a days!!
yep

Martin, TN

#13 May 6, 2012
He tought me the saying, "Don't Renig".
a veteran

United States

#14 May 7, 2012
Bush got me shot ...Obama got me $4500 trade in for a car bought for $500. Thanks Obama, FU Bush
a veteran

United States

#15 May 7, 2012
Dear John wrote:
<quoted text>
First off.....Don't blame ObamaCare for any insurance increases because that hasn't even took affect yet and probably will be overturned by the UnSupreme Court. But who cares right? Just do away with it because a Democrat proposed it.
You understand that it is very much against the constitution to declare citizens must purchase a product or pay a fine/risk jail. Doesn't matter whose idea it is, even if Ronald Regan proposed it...it would still be illegal.
Rezz A Wrecked

United States

#16 May 7, 2012
You people love to disguise your racism under the veil of politics, don't you? The whole reason Obama was elected was because of how totally fucked up the Bush administration left us in 2008. It was literally the worst 8 years in the history of America and anyone who expected anybody to follow that by fixing all our problems in his first term are mentally lacking.

Obama was screwed from the get go but it was a small win for the little people to see the upper crust rich elitist whitebread cocksuckers who stick it in and break it off on a daily basis to all of us so pissed when he won over McCain. They took their balls and went home.

Think about it.....right after everybody realizes their about to have a half black Democrat in office, Wall Street and all these other countries suddenly claim they're bankrupt and millions lose jobs. Obama has to either a) provide bail outs and unemployment in an attempt to keep the recession from going into a deep depression or b) let the companies go out of business and let even more people lose their homes on top of the economy completely dying.

It's a lose-lose situation and God forbid he try to help people get medical coverage who can't afford it. What's stupid about opposition to this is you either put the money up front and fix the health problems early or you let it get to the point where the medical conditions are too severe and guess what? The money is still spent on the back end and in greater amounts. The real issue was Obama was stepping on the HMOs toes and you should know by now that special interest groups are who really decide who wins elections.

I'm curious to see what some of these same people will be saying in the future when Romney is in charge and we're in even worse shape. I guarantee it will still be all Obama's fault according to them even though he really hasn't done anything remotely close to what Bush did.
did you ever think

United States

#17 May 8, 2012
Rezz A Wrecked wrote:
God forbid he try to help people get medical coverage who can't afford it.
That's nice and all ...but what if I don't want to buy health insurance? Why should the US government be allowed to force me into buying any particular product?
Funny that its always insurance we get forced into buying...crooked bastards

Telling me to buy a particular product or face jail/fines...UNCONSTITUTIONAL
Really

Martin, TN

#18 May 8, 2012
We are forced to buy things everyday.......If you don't have car insurance or pay for license and tags, you don' get to drive.
If you don't obey trafic laws, you go to jail.
If you spank your child you may go to jail. If you keep spanking your child, the government will take away your child.
You may go to jail for not educating your child. You may go to jail for not paying your taxes.
Back when there was a draft......if you didn't go and fight for your country, you would go to jail.
So don't give me that bullcrap talk that we can't be forced to buy health insurance.
I would love for "everyone" to have to pay equally for these services because it isn't fair that some people pay for theirs and others get a free ride!
missed the mark

United States

#19 May 8, 2012
Really wrote:
We are forced to buy things everyday.......If you don't have car insurance or pay for license and tags, you don' get to drive.
If you don't obey trafic laws, you go to jail.
If you spank your child you may go to jail. If you keep spanking your child, the government will take away your child.
You may go to jail for not educating your child. You may go to jail for not paying your taxes.
Back when there was a draft......if you didn't go and fight for your country, you would go to jail.
So don't give me that bullcrap talk that we can't be forced to buy health insurance.
I would love for "everyone" to have to pay equally for these services because it isn't fair that some people pay for theirs and others get a free ride!
So you start out by saying we are FORCED to purchase things all the time...but all you could mention was insurance before getting sidetracked with spanking kids and what not.

You proved nothing at all. By the way, tags and auto insurance can still be avoided by simply not owning a car.

Again, it is against the constitution to force someone to buy health insurance.

I'd rather see the government go after the insurance crooks, rather than help them get business.

They should be setting limits on the maximum a hospital or doctor can charge for a procedure. set lower prices for insurance premiums. Maybe then people wouldn't be going without.
LOL

Martin, TN

#20 May 8, 2012
Well, the idea of a healthcare mandate came about in the 1990's as an alternative to "Hillary Care". The individual healthcare mandate was a Republican idea. I guess Obama thought since they were the ones wanting this last time Democrats were in office....then surely they would be onboard with their own idea but....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! This bunch of spoiled brats in the Republican party only want to obstruct anything a Democrat wants for the country.
If the Supreme Court strikes the Healthcare law down, it will only be for political reasons. Also, if ObamaCare is ruled unconstitutional then RomneyCare in Massachusetts will be unconstitutional as well!
Funny......I heard the people in Massachusetts like their RomneyCare!
I wonder what Romney will say about that???? I'm sure he'll make up some lie to tell since he's now saying he wanted General Motors to have a bail out.
LOL

United States

#21 May 9, 2012
Well he's made me relize I have alot to worry about now that this gay president{ who will go down as proof that you don't have to be a natural born citizen to be president} just stated that queer marriage is ok. Well how does it feel now to be living in the United States of Sodom.Com e on queers stand up be brave because judgement is coming to us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are they 59 min Nano 6
Obion county schools on lockdown 2 hr Guy 15
Union City what happened to you!?! 4 hr Eagles_Nest 86
Forget Me Nots 4 hr Elmo 16
kytn 15 hr LocalTaxPayer 11
Adult Dating over 50 (May '14) 23 hr Random chick too 16
Age 18 or 21 everything 23 hr Random chick too 3

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance