First Prev
of 3
Next Last
resident

United States

#1 Jan 9, 2013
Who got stabbed in uc? Heard it on scanner a few times never heard a name the young man was listed in critical condition..
sad

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Heard he was air lifted out of tennessee! Hope everythings ok . And keep this mans family and friends in your prayers i heard it wasn't looking too good..
Randy

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jan 10, 2013
resident wrote:
Who got stabbed in uc? Heard it on scanner a few times never heard a name the young man was listed in critical condition..
When did this happen?I have a scanner but I never heard it,I may have been asleep.thanks
Info

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Joel Emerson is the guy that did the stabbing. Guy that got stabbed first name is Manuell I believe. Dnt know for sure. They were fighting and Joel decided he didn't wanna lose from what I hear. Dnt know any other speciics.
wondering

Newbern, TN

#5 Jan 10, 2013
the person that did the stabbing name is joel emerson,when you look at his facebook page you can see he made threats to the guy he stabbed prior to the stabbing,the police im sure have seen this right??
Mom

Cedar Grove, TN

#6 Jan 10, 2013
wondering wrote:
the person that did the stabbing name is joel emerson,when you look at his facebook page you can see he made threats to the guy he stabbed prior to the stabbing,the police im sure have seen this right??
Before you go judging people you should probaly know who they are. Ive read several articles of violence, and I wonder just how many of these acts are committed by mentally ill people who arent given help by the state to get their medications. How many of these people are ill and need to be forced to medicate? I do not know all the information on the story but I do know for a FACT THAT JOEL IS MENTALLY ILL AND THE STATE DOES NOT HELP WITH MEDICATION! I do feel for the family of the man stabbed but there is more to the story than what is written.
ol friend

United States

#7 Jan 10, 2013
Manuel mendez is who got sliced across his stomach .. punk ass boy named joel emerson stabbed and sliced his dtomach cause manuel was beatin his ass.. manuel is a good guy .. didnt deserve this!.
Mom

Cedar Grove, TN

#8 Jan 10, 2013
Info wrote:
Joel Emerson is the guy that did the stabbing. Guy that got stabbed first name is Manuell I believe. Dnt know for sure. They were fighting and Joel decided he didn't wanna lose from what I hear. Dnt know any other speciics.
Before you judge too much maybe you should know more than what goes over a scanner. Manuell may have been the person who jumped into the fight that was already in progress which made it an unfair fight. Perhaps Joel was fighting for his life and stabbed in order to survive himself. No one is a winner in a fight you idiot.
ol friend

United States

#9 Jan 10, 2013
An joel was arrested that night & its prolly a good thing he did!
Wow

Atlanta, TX

#10 Jan 10, 2013
Well you are probably "mother of the year" how about you check out Joel's Facebook- claiming he was going to teach Manuel a lesson. Joel is a wanna be gangster.
How about

Martin, TN

#11 Jan 10, 2013
Wow wrote:
Well you are probably "mother of the year" how about you check out Joel's Facebook- claiming he was going to teach Manuel a lesson. Joel is a wanna be gangster.
This Emo looking douchebag is a wanna be gangsta?? He just needs to grow up or slit his wrists...there's little room in this world for wasted space.
mee

United States

#12 Jan 10, 2013
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>Before you go judging people you should probaly know who they are. Ive read several articles of violence, and I wonder just how many of these acts are committed by mentally ill people who arent given help by the state to get their medications. How many of these people are ill and need to be forced to medicate? I do not know all the information on the story but I do know for a FACT THAT JOEL IS MENTALLY ILL AND THE STATE DOES NOT HELP WITH MEDICATION! I do feel for the family of the man stabbed but there is more to the story than what is written.
So is it the states fault? He can afford piercings, hats, dog, phone, etc. etc.. no excuses. Its all over his facebook.
LateNightGuest
#13 Jan 11, 2013
way to go taco bell/tina for hiring the citizen of the year hey tina, you effin rock!
Wow

Atlanta, TX

#14 Jan 11, 2013
How about wrote:
<quoted text>
This Emo looking douchebag is a wanna be gangsta?? He just needs to grow up or slit his wrists...there's little room in this world for wasted space.
Have you seen the way boy talks, acts & dresses? Yeah, wannabe. He's reallllll "hood"-- He will learn his lesson in prison..
Dr Hook

Union City, TN

#15 Jan 11, 2013
Well the paper said he confessed, his facebook page states his intent to harm the other subject, thats shows he planned this and did this not a sick person. Your son is a low life get over it. I hope they charge him with attempted first degree murder I think 12 people will see the samething the same way and convict him to life in prison without parole so he will live a love life and have to think about what he did for a long time.

United States

#16 Jan 11, 2013
I think the details of the fight will be more important than FB posts.

We've all seen the fights where the winner just doesn't know when to stop beating some poor guy. In a case like that the person losing could seriously fear for their life and justifiably use a knife in self defense. People get beat to death every day, its even happened in UC before.

Not saying this was the case because I wasn't there, but either way it sounds like Emanuel picked the wrong person to whip up on.

So the real question is how bad was the ass whipping getting before Joel pulled the
knife?
well

United States

#17 Jan 11, 2013
guest wrote:
I think the details of the fight will be more important than FB posts.
We've all seen the fights where the winner just doesn't know when to stop beating some poor guy. In a case like that the person losing could seriously fear for their life and justifiably use a knife in self defense. People get beat to death every day, its even happened in UC before.
Not saying this was the case because I wasn't there, but either way it sounds like Emanuel picked the wrong person to whip up on.
So the real question is how bad was the ass whipping getting before Joel pulled the
knife?
That will not be the final question to the jury.
mee
#18 Jan 11, 2013
Thanks to the person who is sticking up for him yes it is self defence they should not have jumped him and the pepole on here that already been judging him please just shut your ever loving mouths now please. The other guy what ever his name is is just find so shhh please well ttyl peace.
Dr Hook

Union City, TN

#19 Jan 11, 2013
You need to go read his facebook post from 01/06/2013. This is not a sick person he is a Memphis thug and this was premeditated. Premeditated murder is the crime of wrongfully causing the death of another human being (also known as murder) after rationally considering the timing or method of doing so, in order to either increase the likelihood of success, or to evade detection or apprehension.[1] State laws in the United States vary as to definitions of "premeditation." In some states, premeditation may be construed as taking place mere seconds before the murder. Premeditated murder is usually defined as one of the most serious forms of homicide, and is punished more severely than manslaughter or other types of murder - often with the death penalty or a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

In the U.S, Federal law criminalizes premeditated murder, felony murder and second-degree murder at Title 18 United States Code Section 1111

United States

#20 Jan 12, 2013
Dr Hook wrote:
You need to go read his facebook post from 01/06/2013. This is not a sick person he is a Memphis thug and this was premeditated. Premeditated murder is the crime of wrongfully causing the death of another human being (also known as murder) after rationally considering the timing or method of doing so, in order to either increase the likelihood of success, or to evade detection or apprehension.[1] State laws in the United States vary as to definitions of "premeditation." In some states, premeditation may be construed as taking place mere seconds before the murder. Premeditated murder is usually defined as one of the most serious forms of homicide, and is punished more severely than manslaughter or other types of murder - often with the death penalty or a life sentence without the possibility of parole.
In the U.S, Federal law criminalizes premeditated murder, felony murder and second-degree murder at Title 18 United States Code Section 1111
Hey Einstein, you know premeditated murder requires a murder right? No dead person, no homicide. So as it stands the kid is charge.d with aggravated assault. So no death penalty or life sentence. Kid might get a few years on probation, more than likely if he had no prior record it'll get pled down to a lesser charge.

And if he was being jumped by more than one person, OR if Emanuel got carried away...then it becomes self defense and Joel walks free. This is how it works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bar Rescue. 13 min guest 6
In five words or less say why you don't go to C... 43 min guest 63
salon 1 hr Jessica 2
Center business solutions (Oct '14) 3 hr RubberBandMan 87
Calvary Baptist Church 13 hr Yep yep 113
Station Burger Mon karma 9
Straight talk vs Mobile Nation Sun Phonesearch 8

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance