poodiddly

Kirksey, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

I used to own a 1994 red dodge intrepid. About 6 years ago my parents sold it. I keep trying to track it down and the last I heard someone named Pete Burpo had bought it and people thought a brother of his, or someone along those lines, was driving it. Anyone know? The car (at least when I last had it) had around 160K miles, 2 Homer Simpson Decals on the back window (one of which I took to the tattoo shop, and the car and I match). On the outside, it was smushed in on the passenger side front door (first day of college accident), had a deep long scratch on the driver's side back door (Hit the mailbox ha ha and...well, it had lots of dents all of which are mine, and have a story. I am just trying to find it b/c I loved that car, and even though she doesn't look like much, and probably doesn't run to well either, I would be so happy to have it back. Does anyone know anything? Anything at all??
poodiddly

Trenton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Please, does ANYBODY know ANYTHING about my precious Dodge?
misbehaved

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

My parents took 2 cars away from me when I was 16 and 18 years old and sold it too our next door neighbor and a friend at there work. It crushed me too see my car sitting in the neighbors driveway everyday. I highly recommend you getting over it quickly. There are other cars around these days. You on the other hand probably did something bad like I did to deserve it taken away from you. They probably don't have it anymore and it is probably in the junk yard now. Sorry!
anti-blockhead

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

what a ray of sunshine you are misbehaved, will keep an eye out for your car poo, gopod luck
check

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

check the phone book and call him.there is a pete burpo in hornbeak.Not sure if its the same one
poodiddly

Trenton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

THANKYOU anti-blockhead!!!!!
misbeahved; No, I didn't do anything bad. It was not in great shape and was not reliable it died all the time and was all rusty (why I love that car, I just don't know) but my parents found and bought me a 99 ford taurus with 40k miles at a ridiculously fantasic price ($3,000! and that was back in 2003. Not a lemon either, I just traded her in this past may with 170,000 miles!!!) Which please don't misunderstand, I feel incredibly lucky and blessed that my parents did that for me, I am not complaining. I know they needed to sell the Dodge after spending that, plus it looked like trash and left me stranded in the middle of many highways. It only made sense. But they did sell it without at least letting me give her hell one last time. I would have even been willing to pay them extra money to make up for it and keep both insurance policies! I don't think it's in a junk yard, because my dad works in UC and says he still sees it rolling around every once in a while, but when I ask him to see if he can find out who has it, he won't even hear of it because my parents hated that car for it's unreliability and tell me I'm just being stupid for wanting it. I know it couldn't cost that much at this point, and it's not like it would be my everyday only car, I just loved that car so much and feel like it's mine, She needs to come home for her final resting place, not a junkyard!
misbehaved

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

You shouldn't think of a car like that. You should think you were greatful to of had a vehicle that ran then. They were just looking after you, my parents only gave me a couple hundred dollars for my first car and they worked at Goodyear. They didn't care if there daughter was broke down on the highway. Yep it happened to me several times. Why in Gods name would parents put there kid in a car that was growing up in weeds in a junk yard in the first place. Boy were you lucky too of had your parents pay $3,000 for you a car. My goodness I would of felt like I hit the jackpot. Just let your feelings go, It could be something someone needs right now it might be helping a family with kids get back in forth from town you never know.
wow

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

This is got to be the stupidest forum on this site...
poodiddly

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

I suppose it was unnecessary for me to explain my reason for wanting and attachment to a particular vehicle. Just being silly and having fun. SO............All i want to know is if anyone knows anyone with or anything about this car, because I want to buy it. The end.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Maybe better luck in 2010?
Who Cares

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

poodiddly wrote:
Maybe better luck in 2010?
Pete crushed it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

I do hope that's just a mean mean joke

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Who's Pete? Inside joke or something?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

I heard it was sold so some Pete Burpo at some point and have no idea who has it now....so I'm hoping it's not really smooshed to bits and gone to the great junk yard in the sky. It hasn't been listed as salvage, at least I know this much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

So...Anybody randomly come across this car?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Anybody at all?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2010

SOmeone said it may be in Trimble TN. Anybody from there?
Maybe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2010

If you have the VIN number try Carfax.com
It might give you a clue as to its location.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2010

Thanks! I do have the VIN I just went to carfax and checked out the sample report and I think all it will tell me is when and where the title was transferred each time. After it left my hands it was the Obion county area and probably still is. Not sure if it's really worth the $35, which they should really lower that price! haha
um maybe

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2010

maybe u can search title records online with the VIN

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 19 min LeeLee1962 9,273
truth 1 hr have to say it 5
Is the Hardees/Kate Upton Commercial Too Sexual... (Mar '12) 1 hr truth 34
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 2 hr Lol 144,740
softball or basketball personal trainers in uni... 2 hr Guest52 7
noah adams in jail 2 hr guest 9
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr Johnny Smith 8,610

Search the Union City Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Union City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••