CORNFEST! Corn"hole"ing in obion county.

CORNFEST! Corn"hole"ing in obion county.

Posted in the Union City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obioncountian

United States

#1 Sep 3, 2010
Sept 18th
good gosh

Memphis, TN

#2 Sep 3, 2010
why did we change the name from fallfest to cornfest do you really know how rednneecckk that sounds?????
billy paul

Alcoa, TN

#3 Sep 3, 2010
i have asked the same thing. why on earth did they change it. cornfest sounds totally hillbilly redneck. im ashamed of the name. of course they didnt ask me. maybe they should have had a contest to rename it heck i dont know but the name cornfest is awful. welcome to the south and union city.
Vegan

United States

#4 Sep 3, 2010
good gosh wrote:
why did we change the name from fallfest to cornfest do you really know how rednneecckk that sounds?????
Fall Fest did sound a bit more classy, Cornfest does sound redneck. When you hear the name Cornfest it stirs up visions of corn-cob pipes, no shoes, and dueling banjos.
idoitblocker

Cookeville, TN

#5 Sep 3, 2010
billy paul wrote:
i have asked the same thing. why on earth did they change it. cornfest sounds totally hillbilly redneck. im ashamed of the name. of course they didnt ask me. maybe they should have had a contest to rename it heck i dont know but the name cornfest is awful. welcome to the south and union city.
Tough s*&t. What are you doing living here among all these "rednecks"? Head north........
obioncountian

United States

#6 Sep 3, 2010
All I can say is WELCOME TO OBION COUNTY! need i say more? Maybe thats why I am moving to chattanooga. at least those southerners have a little more sense about them. This topix forum gets more backstabbing, name calling and bull crap than memphis does. check it out I am telling the truth. guess there is nothing else to do in this town except talk about other people and their lives. Corn holein omg!by the way, I wished the boys in this town would invest some money in real mufflers for those trucks. Guess it makes them feel like a big boy to have loud pipes and need stepladders to get into their trucks. now that is redneck. pay your child support instead of spending it on those trucks. just a thought
Dudley

Warwick, RI

#8 Sep 3, 2010
Bunch of corn-holios
just dont go

United States

#9 Sep 3, 2010
I am the GREAT Cornholio!!!!
Beavis

Morristown, TN

#10 Sep 3, 2010
I can talk just like Beavis and Butthead. Too bad we aren't on the computer so I could act like Beavis. Itis a little hard for me to do, since I am such a shy guy but I'll try. Oh shit , can't do that since we're just on the computer.
english major

Huntingdon, TN

#11 Sep 3, 2010
I just love the signs that say "Cornfest Festival". It's a fest AND a festival, such a festive redneck event. Kind of like Bill Cody's is a bar AND saloon, according to the sign on the door.
english major

Huntingdon, TN

#12 Sep 3, 2010
billy paul wrote:
They could call the contest a "corntest".
obioncountian

United States

#13 Sep 3, 2010
did you all see the picture of the corn "holeing" game in the insert that came with the local paper?
OcG1

United States

#14 Sep 3, 2010
The original "CornFest" was held in 1991 on the Property of James Carl Hammond on Flippin Lane. The vacant lot adjascent the cornfield was equipped with a stage, lights, and sound equipment used for the bands performing that night. The original festival was named by Bobby Carter Jr.(Bowley).....
repoman

United States

#15 Sep 3, 2010
Union City's festival sucks. Go to Martin's Soybean Festival. .38 Special playing next friday night. They always have music for everyone to enjoy
Dick Petty

Martin, TN

#16 Sep 3, 2010
The original Fall Fest was great. Richard Petty meets Carl Perkins on the stage at the BBQ Cook off. Parade goes down Reelfoot Avenue with Petty & Perkins leading the way. Goodyear Car Show, Stealth Bomber Fly over at Airshow. Then Union City decides it needs to be more "countywide". Unity, now it's fairgrounds and politicians as the "pride". Good goin tators Zzzzzzzzz.
english major

Huntingdon, TN

#17 Sep 3, 2010
Cornfest 2010
City: Union City, TN
Region: West Tennessee
Subregion: Northwest

"A Day in the Park"
Kiwanis Park Downtown Union City
Local Artisans, Free "Tyson" Family Lunch, Pumpkin Decorating Contest, Pet Parade & Contest, Corn Shucking & Corn Eating Contests,
Carnival,Run For the Pig, Bed Races & more. A great day for family fun.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Dick Petty

Martin, TN

#18 Sep 3, 2010
english major wrote:
Cornfest 2010
City: Union City, TN
Region: West Tennessee
Subregion: Northwest
"A Day in the Park"
Kiwanis Park Downtown Union City
Local Artisans, Free "Tyson" Family Lunch, Pumpkin Decorating Contest, Pet Parade & Contest, Corn Shucking & Corn Eating Contests,
Carnival,Run For the Pig, Bed Races & more. A great day for family fun.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Don't forget the buttpirate run at graham ham park and the corn cob wiping competition at the fairgrounds Howdeeeeeeee! Later they will have the Hog Humping at the Ag Pavilion. Suuuuuuu Eeeeeee
in the know

Martin, TN

#19 Sep 3, 2010
Seem like I was told that they changed it from Fallfest to Cornfest because of the Ethanol plant opening a few years back. They changed it because of all the corn that would be used in Obion County to produce ethanol.....but I could be wrong.
Joel

Alcoa, TN

#20 Sep 3, 2010
repoman wrote:
Union City's festival sucks. Go to Martin's Soybean Festival..38 Special playing next friday night. They always have music for everyone to enjoy
And they have John Michael Montgomery for a free show on Saturday night.

I think they have 3 straight nights of concerts, all free to the public.

Cornfest is an embarrasment
uc guest

Martin, TN

#21 Sep 3, 2010
doesnt sound too fun! i think i will pass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tarren Simpson 42 min Hit it 13
People that are deceased from Union City High S... 2 hr Xoxo 1
JR's Auto Sales 123 East Main St. Union City, TN (Feb '11) 5 hr Poot 85
Divorced Dads 5 hr Too bad 19
Dots bar 7 hr I know 1
Bill Simrell A.K.A. "The Bully" 8 hr I know 8
Barry james 8 hr I know 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages