The end is nigh for Second Baptist Ch...
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
concerned more

United States

#111 Feb 25, 2013
concerned wrote:
As a family member.......in this situation......and a very upset one I might add...... but some of you sbc folks are mislead as a person I love bro. Eddie .....he has been great to so many families but I don't think you all know the entire story. You may never know. I want be the one telling it. But reading this quote along with some others concern me. I do pray for his family but it concerns me he did not tell his congregation " it doesn't sound like" the truth. <quoted text>
entire story is a bunch of rumors flying this week but the Lord is working at 2nd Baptist Bro Eddie is a great man come to revival see how the Lord can work
Ann Clark

United States

#112 Feb 25, 2013
anthony dwayne wrote:
<quoted text>all us ones are gossiping & starting up trouble? maybe at brother eddie's next church , him & his big mouth wife won't do so much gossiping. i went to 2 holiday functions with my wife & kids & was shocked at the things i heard her say of others when they walked away. we did find another church we felt more comfortable at. how many others witnessed this? i do hope your church finds peace from all this.
And your point? So she gossips, that is not nice no I admit, but why judge the church by a few people. Aren't we all there for God and His word not the certain people?

Memphis, TN

#113 Feb 25, 2013
Ok folks we've had our fun.Lets move forward now.Let the church tend to it's own.
Judas

Union City, TN

#114 Feb 25, 2013
concerned more wrote:
<quoted text>entire story is a bunch of rumors flying this week but the Lord is working at 2nd Baptist Bro Eddie is a great man come to revival see how the Lord can work
You fine christian should be ashamed to tell such a lie to cover up for your preacher. So your preacher committed adultry & you are lying for him. What is the world coming to.
Ann Clark

United States

#115 Feb 25, 2013
Judas wrote:
<quoted text>You fine christian should be ashamed to tell such a lie to cover up for your preacher. So your preacher committed adultry & you are lying for him. What is the world coming to.
we would love for you to come to Revival at 2nd Baptist at 6:30 tonight! Bless you!
Judas

Union City, TN

#116 Feb 25, 2013
I cannot step foot in this church ever again that will turn a blind eye to this preacher & all he did while my son got caught for underage drinking, this wife of Brother Eddie's named Cathy told the whole church. I am so tired of hearing don't judge & let us forgive the sinner after what we went through with them. She should of been more worried about her husband & daughter.

United States

#117 Feb 25, 2013
Judas wrote:
I cannot step foot in this church ever again that will turn a blind eye to this preacher & all he did while my son got caught for underage drinking, this wife of Brother Eddie's named Cathy told the whole church. I am so tired of hearing don't judge & let us forgive the sinner after what we went through with them. She should of been more worried about her husband & daughter.
Well said
Ann Clark

United States

#118 Feb 25, 2013
No one said anything about turning a blind eye. One man does not make a church. The church by definition; the people are the church. This is just a building, it is a really nice building and the Lord blest 2nd Baptist. And as long as I have been in 2nd Baptist for 5 years in. You need to grow up, and if you want people to be nice to you at 2nd Baptist, sorry but you have to put yourself out there and talk to people. Man up.

I walked in there and just let them all know I was there.......when you talk to strangers first in bars or where ever you hang out, don't you just walk up to them and say hello. Try not sitting in the balcony and sit among the members. Hey I got a fresh IDEA! SIT WITH ME! I am not singing in the choir tonight so you can sit with me......Judas I will be more than happy to have you as my guest.

ABC123, thank you for noticing GOD BLESS YOU!

United States

#119 Feb 25, 2013
Ann Clark wrote:
No one said anything about turning a blind eye. One man does not make a church. The church by definition; the people are the church. This is just a building, it is a really nice building and the Lord blest 2nd Baptist. And as long as I have been in 2nd Baptist for 5 years in. You need to grow up, and if you want people to be nice to you at 2nd Baptist, sorry but you have to put yourself out there and talk to people. Man up.

I walked in there and just let them all know I was there.......when you talk to strangers first in bars or where ever you hang out, don't you just walk up to them and say hello. Try not sitting in the balcony and sit among the members. Hey I got a fresh IDEA! SIT WITH ME! I am not singing in the choir tonight so you can sit with me......Judas I will be more than happy to have you as my guest.

ABC123, thank you for noticing GOD BLESS YOU!
Hey there are good people in the balcony also. Don't knock us! Lol
Ann Clark

United States

#120 Feb 25, 2013
not knocking balcony, I just mean that they can sit with me, will love to have anyone and everyone there. They can sit up close with me.
concerned

Pinson, TN

#122 Feb 25, 2013
concerned more wrote:
<quoted text>entire story is a bunch of rumors flying this week but the Lord is working at 2nd Baptist Bro Eddie is a great man come to revival see how the Lord can work
. ANYONE that believes all this is simply rumors is simply stupid blind. And I guess you need to see the proof. Yeah , I said proof. He knows about it. Ask him.
denial

United States

#123 Feb 26, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>. ANYONE that believes all this is simply rumors is simply stupid blind. And I guess you need to see the proof. Yeah , I said proof. He knows about it. Ask him.
He is still denying all this. Just about had enough with everything else going on within
Church Member

United States

#124 Feb 26, 2013
denial wrote:
<quoted text>He is still denying all this. Just about had enough with everything else going on within
I hate to break the news to the Devil and the person who started this thread but Second Baptist Church is going to be around for a long time and we will be stronger as a result of all this. I claim and guarantee it in Jesus name!
Rickman

Martin, TN

#125 Jul 18, 2013
In the Methodist Church, they keep the same congregation and rotate pastors. In the Baptist Church, the keep the same pastor and rotate congregations!
SILENT-WARRIOR

Martin, TN

#126 Apr 29, 2015
As long as the pastors are not teaching according to GOD there will always be drama far too many pastors are teaching the word of GOD according to how they think it should be taught they also leave out scripture pastor GOD has entrusted you with his sheep and you only go by your policies and by your own will instead of GOD ,s by this your misleading the church which dose not belong to you you obey according to the commands of GOD not according to your own will it is not just here i am seeing this every place i have ever been since the 3 way split this is what Jesus warned about the great falling away of the church .what about people like me and my daughter who have no place to go to learn true of Jesus and worship the community of lost people are the ones who suffer .
The end

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#127 Dec 25, 2016
Everyone sins. Adultery? In a pastor? Who am I to judge.but it's an embarrassment to the entire church family who put their trust in a man who can't control his appetites. BUT....Conspiracy to commit murder?GO TO PRISON.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disabled spectators 3 hr 1Catjesse 3
New jobs 8 hr Sally 20
Noah Adams Wreck?????? (Feb '14) 14 hr Btw 25
Bi curious 17 hr think about it 7
Financially Stuck In A Relationship (Sep '10) 18 hr Chaosbunnything 19
drug testing at job world (Jan '14) 19 hr Dee 28
Patrick david lew (Mar '17) Mon Bri 4

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance