The end is nigh for Second Baptist Church

Posted in the Union City Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
This is it

Union City, TN

#1 Feb 22, 2013
Get ready for the flood of defections. I have already spoken with a dozen families ready to jump ship and go elsewhere to get away from all the drama. This is not what church should be about.
no no

Martin, TN

#2 Feb 22, 2013
church hopping days are over for me, There's no other Baptist church desirable to go to. every one of them have issues and sins. Other denominations have their sins and issues; there's no sense changing to something else.

Duluth, GA

#4 Feb 22, 2013
I bet they will be putting that building up for sale to pay them big loans off.
check

Duluth, GA

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Wow!
i know

Duluth, GA

#6 Feb 22, 2013
I have been to some services there. I hate to see this happening.
Bye

Martin, TN

#7 Feb 22, 2013
This is it wrote:
Get ready for the flood of defections. I have already spoken with a dozen families ready to jump ship and go elsewhere to get away from all the drama. This is not what church should be about.
I can't say you will be missed, you know cause you can't put your name as you start more crap! I am excited for what God has in store for Second and if that means having a dozen families leave so be it!

Maybe we should just slam 2nd! You know for get it's God's house and that he is in control, don't pray about whats going on...talk about it on topix and start more crap cause you can in secret and still be public!

Or... I love this idea! STOP, while your ahead, pray to God and give everything to him!
Devils Workshop

Union City, TN

#8 Feb 22, 2013
This is what happens when you play with fire in my workshop.

Martin, TN

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Umm I am really glad this is all going down when it is! Anyone else realize our Revival starts Sunday? What better time to show everyone God is in Control and the Devil is not welcome. And whoever thought about starting a new forum on families leaving... Why not just put your name? If your leaving why hide behind that mask? I don't know who you are but my Father in Heaven does and I will be praying for you!
hehe

Martin, TN

#10 Feb 22, 2013
guest wrote:
I bet they will be putting that building up for sale to pay them big loans off.
Our Church is not going to be put up for sale! but thinks for your 2 cents... Refund please!
whatever

United States

#11 Feb 22, 2013
That is so funny. They are going to try to smooth all this over with the community in their little so called revival. How cute.
Simple

Martin, TN

#12 Feb 22, 2013
whatever wrote:
That is so funny. They are going to try to smooth all this over with the community in their little so called revival. How cute.
Our Revival has been planned for 2 months... But, thanks for your concern; you should come and see what's in store! Service starts at 10:15 Sunday Morning... Then you will have an idea of what we are about, and not all these rumors! You know every church has bad eggs that complain, we are ALL sinners and we all need Revival! We would love to have you...
saddened

United States

#13 Feb 22, 2013
I guess you are not aware that as a Christian we have the capacity to pick up and move forward with Christ at the head of our table. I am sure it gets cold out there without unconditional love and forgiveness in your heart. You are very welcome to Join us there. All is welcome and invited~
whatever

United States

#14 Feb 22, 2013
Bye wrote:
<quoted text>I can't say you will be missed, you know cause you can't put your name as you start more crap! I am excited for what God has in store for Second and if that means having a dozen families leave so be it!

Maybe we should just slam 2nd! You know for get it's God's house and that he is in control, don't pray about whats going on...talk about it on topix and start more crap cause you can in secret and still be public!

Or... I love this idea! STOP, while your ahead, pray to God and give everything to him!
It always amazes me how those of us who are telling the truth about something are supposed to put our real names but not one member of second baptist has the guts to go online and put their real name to defend it.
curiously optimistic

United States

#15 Feb 22, 2013
guess you felt you needed a double take for that one. I agree I will take that double take
pathetic

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#16 Feb 22, 2013
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It always amazes me how those of us who are telling the truth about something are supposed to put our real names but not one member of second baptist has the guts to go online and put their real name to defend it.
Isn't that the truth!

Duluth, GA

#17 Feb 22, 2013
Who cares about any of this? There is a whole lot more to worry about than what stupid churches are doing anyway All they want to do is see who dresses best Sunday they are just social clubs.
yeah right

Duluth, GA

#18 Feb 22, 2013
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>It always amazes me how those of us who are telling the truth about something are supposed to put our real names but not one member of second baptist has the guts to go online and put their real name to defend it.
For one thing no member of that den of thieves is going to admit they are on topix snooping around to begin with they might offend Eddie. hypocrites!
Mary

United States

#19 Feb 22, 2013
guest wrote:
Who cares about any of this? There is a whole lot more to worry about than what stupid churches are doing anyway All they want to do is see who dresses best Sunday they are just social clubs.
Churches are not stupid! I support my church, and my pastor, whether resigned or not. We all are sinners and make mistakes. Only reason this is such a big news worthy deal is because he is a man of leadership. I am not ashamed nor do I hide behind a fake name.
church chat

Jackson, TN

#20 Feb 22, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Churches are not stupid! I support my church, and my pastor, whether resigned or not. We all are sinners and make mistakes. Only reason this is such a big news worthy deal is because he is a man of leadership. I am not ashamed nor do I hide behind a fake name.
So whats your last name ?
Mary

United States

#22 Feb 22, 2013
church chat wrote:
<quoted text>
So whats your last name ?
I do not even give my last name to telemarketers.LOL. Get real, so you can call me for a booty call. LOL LOL LOL what is yours "CHURCH CHAT" LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why would anyone vote republican? 5 hr divorced Christian 36
First Friends Preschool 8 hr Wondering 24
crossing white line and traffic camera flashes 8 hr donotpay 12
Red Light Camera Update 8 hr Wondering 31
where are the real men who know how to treat a ... 16 hr whiteteewmustard 19
plumbers (Oct '10) 16 hr kearbear314 28
News Two local businesses recognized for hiring drug... (Apr '08) 16 hr I saved myself 13
More from around the web

Union City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]