youth basketball league
fun times

United States

#1 Dec 20, 2010
What's up with this league. Starts later every year. Why did all south Fulton kids drop out?
Sports Mom

Union City, TN

#2 Dec 20, 2010
We pulled our kids out because it is very unorganized.$250 sponsor fee and only play 4 or 5 games. Not all teams get same amount of games. Lot of shady dealings go down with that league. 40 teams at $250 dollars. Over 1o thousand dollars just to start every year and league is broke. Audit anyone?
Yep

Alcoa, TN

#3 Dec 20, 2010
that's what happens when 1 family is in complete charge and there is no board of directors to over see everything.
joke

United States

#4 Dec 20, 2010
League is awful. Been stealing from the kids and their parents for years. People who run it are a joke. Good idea about the audit. But 1 person in charge and she has fixed the books. Thank goodness for upward!

Granville, TN

#5 Dec 21, 2010
Which league are you talking about?
safeguards needed

Alcoa, TN

#6 Dec 21, 2010
Years ago, the OC league had a board.They had a president, vice president and treasurer. How it has evolved into one person/family running it, is questionable.

It is never a good idea to have one person writing checks. There should always be two people (non related) be required to sign every check. There are no safe guards in place in this organization.
(Do people not remember the recent LR PTO fiasco?)

I, personally, would not want to be in this situation. Even if everything being done was on the "up and up", there is too much room for people to question decisions, spending and any other issues concerning money.

If I was in charge, I would welcome an outside audit just to prove that everything was above reproach.
ocybl

Clover, SC

#7 Dec 21, 2010
Woman running is a big skank. Sleeping with lot of parents in this league. Her personal dating service. Snead thinks he's the only one she cheats with. Good one chicken skin. Audit and put her n jail.
DO SOMETHING

United States

#8 Dec 26, 2010
I agree it is a one woman show. Michelle walks around like she is a beauty queen when the fact is she is a home wrecking whore. OCYBL is a joke! She has destroyed it. This program is about the kids. To teach them about the game and what it means to be part of a team. Michelle and everyone involved has seemed to have forgotten this. Someone needs to step in and do something. There needs to be an audit and a board of directors.
ocybl

Snow Hill, NC

#9 Feb 12, 2011
Biggest joke Ive seen. Our kids have 4 games and it started the last week in Jan. Where is all the money going? Something needs to be done before the books come up missing.
little dribbler

Monroe, NC

#10 Feb 14, 2011
Have you lost your mind! Books cooked along time ago. 250 dollars a team. 20 per kid. 2 dollars to get in to watch and concessions. PLAYING 4GAMES PRICELESS!

Arlington, TN

#11 Feb 14, 2011
Is there not an independent league anymore. I played in it growing up from 2nd to 6th grade.. 10-15 games a year at least.. played every sat. were playing at OC then ended up at the old reeves gym and then ridgemont... I do not see how the heck its 250 sponsor fee, and all that other stuff.. I was a kid so im not sure but i believe it was 2 dollars to get in and whatever they charged for food drinks etc.. uniforms may have cost 10 each.. I dont think any money was made.. Just went to paying the refs and buying trophies at the end of the year... This is a sad thing to hear.. I have a new son and was already looking forward to all this stuff... Looks like I will be going somewhere else if it doesnt change or a new league starts up in the next few years
buster

Owensboro, KY

#12 Feb 14, 2011
TCY in Fulton/So Fulton
Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth
38 bucks to sign up kid-12-15 games year plus tournament trail
Right on

United States

#13 Feb 15, 2011
The Obion Co. basketball league is going to have an overhaul by next year. Hope she is audited. To put it to you all clearly. If she will steel her friends husband, and actually talk him into her lies, we should not be at all surprised that she could be steeling money from the basketball league.

Greer, SC

#14 Feb 20, 2011
You all must not even know Michelle or the hell she was put thru by her ex-husband! For once she is actually happy and deserves to be!! She has done a fine job coordinating the league seeing as how she is one person and can only do so much in a days time!! If you think the league is so horrible then step up and tell Michelle you're interested in taking over the league and try to walk a mile in her shoes...I guarantee you'd never make it!! So you all can talk crap about her but you can't break the woman that thinks nothing of you so shut up and find something else to complain about!!
Guest2

Brighton, TN

#15 Feb 20, 2011
I agree that the league needs help in many ways. I actually went up there to watch a game or two yesterday. YES the league needs a board in a bad way, it would help things in a good way. If they get a board together before the start of next year it is going to at least take 2yrs before you can see a turn around in this league. Look at the way the youth football league is making a turn around. Remember though that all people involved in these leagues for our children take time out of there lives to do this with NO PAY. As far as Michelle's personnal life husbands, I do not know her really but I do know that this area is full of people that have got married and really didn't want to be with the person they married.. It has to do with friends and/or family members making them feel like they have to. NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO.. Marry the ones you love... I have been told that her and Snead dated a long time ago.. SO maybe she or Snead made a mistake marrying someone else, not saying its right by no means but thats the way things are now. People just don't think before they marry someone anymore. If they are happy GOOD FOR THEM.. Parents step up to the plate and take time out of your schedule to help with these leagues... IT IS FOR YOUR KIDS
huh

Alcoa, TN

#16 Feb 20, 2011
she must have dated him a very very long time ago. he and his ex wife dated in high school, married and were married for nearly 20 years. the blame should not go entirely on her. he also wanted to break up a marriage to be with her. personally, i wouldn't want either of them. if they will cheat once then they will cheat again. sooner or later their marriage will break up.

Union City, TN

#17 Feb 20, 2011
The fact of the matter is that no parents are willing to help. The league had to beg for coaches because every parent wants to complain but no parent wants to have any sort of responsibility whatsoever in this league. So, before you keep bitching about stuff, why don't you actually try to help out first.
FIx

United States

#18 Feb 20, 2011
I could have the league straightned out in two weeks. Its not at all.difficult to do. As for the cost you people are getting ripped a new one. The board should be some of the coaches.
Wondering

Netherlands

#19 Mar 16, 2011
ocybl wrote:
Woman running is a big skank. Sleeping with lot of parents in this league. Her personal dating service. Snead thinks he's the only one she cheats with. Good one chicken skin. Audit and put her n jail.
i would pound her in a ny minute.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Darla Dunn Adcock 14 min Haha 4
Punka$$ Schmitz Brothers 2 hr Rebel Yell 21
Drinks? 2 hr Waller 8
My brothers arranged wedding.. 2 hr Wallis 4
Why more fences at graham park? 2 hr Debaser 18
Looking for Holly Jones 2 hr Distany 3
Andy Holt video about traffic cameras 2 hr Popo 28

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance