First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Told ya

Cleveland, OH

#1 Feb 8, 2013
I just read on the state of Indiana website that union city was selected as the site for a new Honda factory. It will start out as 250 jobs, and will expand to possibly 325. They break ground in April. Woohoo
nosey

Arlington, TX

#2 Feb 9, 2013
Told ya wrote:
I just read on the state of Indiana website that union city was selected as the site for a new Honda factory. It will start out as 250 jobs, and will expand to possibly 325. They break ground in April. Woohoo
Want was the website
oldman bill

United States

#3 Feb 9, 2013
Wow you are truly a dumbass. First off he said Indiana states website. And secondly, learn grammar. Or you will never get a job.
what ever

Lexington, KY

#4 Feb 9, 2013
i dont see honda building a plant in uc. uc is known as a union town. thats one reason the jobs that were there 20 yrs ago are gone. ucbc is the best example.
lakota664729

Lagrange, IN

#5 Feb 9, 2013
Union City may be a Union Town, but what Union jobs are left here.
Hoodla

Cleveland, OH

#6 Feb 9, 2013
Link or it isn't true.
lakota664729

Lagrange, IN

#7 Feb 10, 2013
Thats the trouble with Union City, our town could of been like Greenville, Winchester if the fore father's would of let business in, this is a small town, and one time a lot of bars, and banks. Get wise Union City by not letting business in we will be a ghost town before long.
xxxx

Maineville, OH

#8 Feb 10, 2013
I think it funny that everyone complained about the unions in this town and now that they are gone look at what's left. Low paying jobs that working people can hardly make ends meet. Keep it up UC the only people still in this town now are either retired or getting some kind of assistance. Very few of us still working hoping things will get better! Wake up people before it to late if its not already.
Duh

Winchester, IN

#9 Feb 10, 2013
xxxx wrote:
I think it funny that everyone complained about the unions in this town and now that they are gone look at what's left. Low paying jobs that working people can hardly make ends meet. Keep it up UC the only people still in this town now are either retired or getting some kind of assistance. Very few of us still working hoping things will get better! Wake up people before it to late if its not already.
Why do you think they are gone ? The union drove them away with their threats of strike when the country was going thru a depression you cant keep your 30.00 to 40.00 and hour job and threaten strikes when times are tough . The union mob bosses sure got their pay offs while the working man who actually worked got screwed . The Union takes care of their own and their own doesnt include the working man only the liars and the thieves who watch each others backs . Lobdell didnt take care of the working man and didnt take care of its retired workers who had family many widows have been screwed out of a lifetime of there spouse paying into the unions only to hear from the Mob bosses that there is nothing for them after their husband passed away . I hate unions and wish they would all go belly up
off topic

United States

#10 Feb 10, 2013
back to the point, wheres the link to this article?
UnionProud

Nappanee, IN

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think they are gone ? The union drove them away with their threats of strike when the country was going thru a depression you cant keep your 30.00 to 40.00 and hour job and threaten strikes when times are tough . The union mob bosses sure got their pay offs while the working man who actually worked got screwed . The Union takes care of their own and their own doesnt include the working man only the liars and the thieves who watch each others backs . Lobdell didnt take care of the working man and didnt take care of its retired workers who had family many widows have been screwed out of a lifetime of there spouse paying into the unions only to hear from the Mob bosses that there is nothing for them after their husband passed away . I hate unions and wish they would all go belly up
You must be a rich person if you hate UNIONS....The only people I ever met that hated UNIONS are the rich that wants to rip off the hard working people that make the money that makes them rich .Its called greed and UNIONS dont allow that.And the UNIONS are gone from Union City and so are the jobs ! The only jobs left are poor paying and will stay that way unless a UNION makes the greedy owners share profit that is being made by the people doing the work.
happy

Cleveland, OH

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Hell yeah !!!..you preach it on UnionProud:)
duh

Winchester, IN

#13 Feb 12, 2013
UnionProud wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a rich person if you hate UNIONS....The only people I ever met that hated UNIONS are the rich that wants to rip off the hard working people that make the money that makes them rich .Its called greed and UNIONS dont allow that.And the UNIONS are gone from Union City and so are the jobs ! The only jobs left are poor paying and will stay that way unless a UNION makes the greedy owners share profit that is being made by the people doing the work.
No not rich just dont agree with mobsters taking money and not doing anything but take the hardworking peoples money then lying to them and letting them and their familys down . Union leaders are just as greedy as some business owners even more so
xxxx

Maineville, OH

#14 Feb 12, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>No not rich just dont agree with mobsters taking money and not doing anything but take the hardworking peoples money then lying to them and letting them and their familys down . Union leaders are just as greedy as some business owners even more so
Come on duh this is small town Indiana not Detroit get a grip
Spew

Maineville, OH

#15 Feb 12, 2013
I get so tired of hearing how bad the unions are. How was your life when they were here? Made a pretty good living didn't ya? You might want to research what unions have done for all of us. talk to some employees that have dedicated 40 plus years to whirlpool, that is going to get the axe because they cant make rate because their hands are a mangled mess. if they had someone to support them they might get to keep their job. but with no backing they get nothing but a see ya! glad you were here. to bad your body can't provide for us no longer. If you didn't notice the jobs that were pulled out of here, were sold. Westinghouse moved to Mexico. There union fought to keep the jobs here. Shellers sold numerous times and new to pullout to stay of trouble. If you didn't notice the pollution to our waterways was well over legal limits. The union for them struggled to keep jobs here. Risking their lives daily.They didn't want to lose their jobs either. The body company sold! The union fought to keep jobs here. They succeeded, jobs were kept as long as they could be. I don't see any of these union people that are still alive living the high life. They didn't when they headed up the unions. You want to blame the unions because the jobs are gone? Try blaming the companies that used you up and spit you out. Try blaming yourself, you enjoyed what they could do for you and your families at the time. Didnt complain when things were going your way.Am I saying unions are perfect? No! What I am saying is the blame game isn't gaining you your jobs. Do what it takes to make Union City desirable to companies. Continuously downing our community gains no one anything.
happy

Cleveland, OH

#16 Feb 13, 2013
Spew I reckon. ..that was a mouth full.. lol
truth

Tipp City, OH

#17 Feb 23, 2013
I don't know why folks are posting stuff like this. It would be nice for the area if it was true, but it's not. That's why no link about this supposed planr was posted when it was asked for. Hopefully something will go in the old workhorse plant, but it won't be Honda.

Since: Nov 12

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Feb 23, 2013
I heard last night that GM bought the workhorse plant? Does anyone know?
grandma

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Feb 23, 2013
I just read on www.IN.gov that GTI (supplier for Honda) is building a new plant in Anderson and planning to hire 325 people. I think someone has gotten mixed up.
private

Portage, MI

#20 Feb 24, 2013
I do know that a company that makes parts for Honda has exprrssed an interest in the old Workhorse building. It would be like the one in Winchester. That's even if you could get Conklin to let it come in. He has had a hand in turning a couple businesses away!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ernest Martinez info 5 hr DiamondGirl708 17
House cleaner wanted 17 hr yep yep 3
Cars broken into Sat no way 4
Slum lords Jan 20 mattilda 7
Levi and Elizabeth Jan 18 tracey 2
herion (Apr '15) Jan 18 bev 94
Mayor, Council and very questionable decisions Jan 17 John Q 23

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance