Union City, IN (Mcdonalds)
SICKof MCD

Maineville, OH

#22 Nov 9, 2008
I went there a few nights ago I ordered a plain fish sandwich.. that is a fish fillet on a bun .. no chesse no tarter. do you think they got it right ? Hell no! so i went around and took the sandwich inside and waited 15 minutes for another...Do you think it was right? Hell NO!
So I told the Lady behind the counter that it still was not correct and she said sorry . I told her to tell them cook the fish put it on the bun and wrap it up. Not hard. I told her ya know i dont mind my order getting messed up when you are busy but they were not busy and then to go back inside and Wait as long as i did and Then for them still not to get it right was inexcusable.
I wish AW was open year round .. they are expensive and you do wait but atleast they always got my order right.
Anyway that was my 2 cents and trust me that is all MCD's is worth.
wholly cow

Rensselaer, IN

#23 Nov 15, 2008
i used to work there and it sucks to work there..some of the managers try but the other three dont...one manager there ...her mom is the store manager and
she gets to do as she pleases ..comes in late almost every day ,sits on her ass.just worthless.
and the problem this store has is they have a big turn over and they are always training new people
so it is no wonder the orders get messed up.....
and the kid that got fired for giving away free food ..was one of the dumb people ...i mean give away free food and then flip the carmera off...not real smart
wtf

Rensselaer, IN

#24 Nov 15, 2008
if you dont like it dont eat it ..to error is human..and playplace toys are cleaned from top to bottom once a week..just ask the people who get mad cause they cant take there kids in there...and there are lobby people who go around
and just wipe off tables and mop floors that is all they do....so alot of people complain just to get free stuff...duh we are not stupid.....
wtf

Rensselaer, IN

#25 Nov 15, 2008
wondering wrote:
We were there Sunday, they didn't even clean the tables from breakfast. We had to wipe down the tables with a wet wipe, they were filthy!!!!!!!
Where do you send your complaints?????
I will not eat in there again!!!!!!!!!!
PROMISE ?
fyi

Syracuse, IN

#26 Nov 15, 2008
wtf wrote:
if you dont like it dont eat it ..to error is human..and playplace toys are cleaned from top to bottom once a week..just ask the people who get mad cause they cant take there kids in there...and there are lobby people who go around
and just wipe off tables and mop floors that is all they do....so alot of people complain just to get free stuff...duh we are not stupid.....
if you can't do yor job,find another!
error is human,but over and over is unacceptable
we are not stupid we can see the mess,we see the lazy one,s sitting [taking a break]when the place is packed.c,mon we are not asking for free stuff,we just want what we pay for, and it to be right.duh
wtf

Rensselaer, IN

#27 Nov 15, 2008
i dont work there ... anymore....o whatever stand on your feet for eight hours and see if you dont need a break..and when it is busy no one is allowed on break...so the people you are seeing are probably on there way home or are just coming in...you are not there for eight hours or more ..you come in and wait about ten to fifteen minutes for your food ...and you dont know what happened before you came in, there could have be a rush..and the crew is trying to recover...try working there...until then dont judge the people who work there...not all complaints are false but alot are....
george

Rensselaer, IN

#28 Nov 15, 2008
unioncityresident wrote:
yes, i agree with you. first lisa left then they let kim go for some stupid reason and now the place has gone to ,well you know where.and by the way some of the adult help is as bad as the teens.
just seems to me that help isn't what it used to be.oh and when are they going non smoking??? just my thoughts on the subject..
maybe because she sat on her ass ...didnt do her job...took to long to close...fed her kids for free....got a number of bad shops....you apparently dont know the whole story...and lisa left for a better paying job..

JLJ

Since: Nov 08

Cleveland, OH

#29 Nov 15, 2008
wtf wrote:
If we don't like it don't eat it, shows the lack of commitment to your job and the customers you serve as well as sheds light on the attitude of the store. How about we paid for it and want it fresh and hot as the advertisement promises. There is no way you can sit there and say that you expect to receive poor quality serve when you go to a restaurant, so why should the citizens of Union City be expected to?

In regards to McDonald's being cleaned it would help if the mop water didn't stink for which it has when I have dined inside. Slopping around dirty mop water that just merely wets the floor is not cleaning. Then putting out a "slippery when wet" sign is an understatement, the words greasy when wet or dry need to be added. Only cleaning the play area once a week sounds like a board of health violation, I would think there would be some daily maintenance to keep it clean and fight germs. It is pretty bad when my 6 year old remarks that the "tunnels stink and have nasty food in them", after climbing through once. She didn't continue to play in them that day this is not to say that all on other days it was clean, she has said on several occasions the tunnels are dirty.

A question and observation:
What is the deal with mopping the sidewalks attached to McDonalds? They are too left with a slippery greasiness.
Is the mop used outside the same one used inside, yuck? Maybe that is adding to the stinks.

I work hard for my money as I am sure everyone does. When I go to McDonald's it is to provide a quick meal for my family that I hope is fresh which rarely is. I too would like all of my order as it is ordered. I am polite to the workers behind the counter because they packed it not prepared it. However, one evening last week I had to go inside after going through the drive-thru. I was parked and an attempt to correct my order occurred twice during the time I waited. I went in the after this to get the right order that was finally made right. The management attempted to utter some sort of apology but then said nothing to the cooks. She seemed to want to avoid confrontation that was odd to me because I told her in a nice calm voice that all I wanted was my correct order so I could get home before all of the food in my vehicle was cold. The thought that I would go through this to try to get free food is ridiculous. The loss of free food is due to workers giving it out to their friends not paying customers trying to feed their families.

Something needs to be done, the service is unacceptable and the workers are all capable of providing quality service. They just need someone to lead them that will set a high expectation that will be required if one is to work there. Personal accountability of all workers management included would do wonders towards shaping up the UC McDonalds.

One last thing if you work at McDonald's and don't like the responses the community has left then do something about it. As I stated above the workers can make a difference, with or without manage if they wish too by taking pride in the work they are doing. Remember, the customers you serve today maybe the employer you want to work for tomorrow. If you provide bad service they will be sure to remember you.
sarcastic

Maineville, OH

#30 Nov 15, 2008
JLJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If we don't like it don't eat it, shows the lack of commitment to your job and the customers you serve as well as sheds light on the attitude of the store. How about we paid for it and want it fresh and hot as the advertisement promises. There is no way you can sit there and say that you expect to receive poor quality serve when you go to a restaurant, so why should the citizens of Union City be expected to?
In regards to McDonald's being cleaned it would help if the mop water didn't stink for which it has when I have dined inside. Slopping around dirty mop water that just merely wets the floor is not cleaning. Then putting out a "slippery when wet" sign is an understatement, the words greasy when wet or dry need to be added. Only cleaning the play area once a week sounds like a board of health violation, I would think there would be some daily maintenance to keep it clean and fight germs. It is pretty bad when my 6 year old remarks that the "tunnels stink and have nasty food in them", after climbing through once. She didn't continue to play in them that day this is not to say that all on other days it was clean, she has said on several occasions the tunnels are dirty.
What is the deal with mopping the sidewalks attached to McDonalds? They are too left with a slippery greasiness.
Is the mop used outside the same one used inside, yuck? Maybe that is adding to the stinks.
I work hard for my money as I am sure everyone does. When I go to McDonald's it is to provide a quick meal for my family that I hope is fresh which rarely is. I too would like all of my order as it is ordered. I am polite to the workers behind the counter because they packed it not prepared it. However, one evening last week I had to go inside after going through the drive-thru. I was parked and an attempt to correct my order occurred twice during the time I waited. I went in the after this to get the right order that was finally made right. The management attempted to utter some sort of apology but then said nothing to the cooks. She seemed to want to avoid confrontation that was odd to me because I told her in a nice calm voice that all I wanted was my correct order so I could get home before all of the food in my vehicle was cold. The thought that I would go through this to try to get free food is ridiculous. The loss of free food is due to workers giving it out to their friends not paying customers trying to feed their families.
Something needs to be done, the service is unacceptable and the workers are all capable of providing quality service. They just need someone to lead them that will set a high expectation that will be required if one is to work there. Personal accountability of all workers management included would do wonders towards shaping up the UC McDonalds.
One last thing if you work at McDonald's and don't like the responses the community has left then do something about it. As I stated above the workers can make a difference, with or without manage if they wish too by taking pride in the work they are doing. Remember, the customers you serve today maybe the employer you want to work for tomorrow. If you provide bad service they will be sure to remember you.
I totally agree with everything you said. I'm also getting tired of having to pull over and wait for my order. Then the next time I'm waiting for what seems like a half hour in the line because they aren't making the people in front pull over. One day I went through the drive-thru and waited 17 minutes from the time I made the order until the time I was finally given my order. Of course it resulted in cold food instead of fast food and I ended up having to throw it in the microwave.
wtf

Columbia City, IN

#31 Nov 16, 2008
ok whatever....for every 5 complaints we had there we had there we had many many more compliments ...you cant please everyone..
we tried but in this day and age it is hard.
cause you are going to have people who just like to complain.next time you see an issue there tell them ,,just go to the counter and tell them,,,
haters

Columbia City, IN

#32 Nov 16, 2008
uc resident wrote:
I went through McDonald's this morning to Grab a Sandwich before I went to Winchester for an appt. I got 2 cheeseburgers and I checked the bag before I left and they were there. Well only 1 cheeseburger had any meat on it (if thats what you call it). I called McDonalds and the guy that answered the phone chuckled about it. I get told that once I leave they are unable to correct the problem, I said what am I suppose to do sit there and make sure there is meat on my sandwich? I told the guy next time I will sit there and eat my food and not move until its all gone! But I dont think there will be a going back.
did you call the right store ...cause only managers can answer the phone ...and there are no male managers there at that store...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#33 Nov 16, 2008
JLJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes- on 2 separate occasions I watchd thm use that mop on the sidewalks to the entrance & the went inside & start mopping the floors inside. That is disgusting!!!! This is the worst McDonalds i have ever been too. And to "wtf" people have complained inside & the just look @ you like your an idiot. I see a big difference on shifts too. In the morning it seem there is older people working & you get your food quick & theorder is right but that eveningshift is alot of immature kids- goofing off & orders are screwed up all the time. It is ridiculous. If you dont like what is being said to read whats on here.
Ron Pruitt

Cleveland, OH

#34 Nov 16, 2008
Alot of people need to work a shift in a busy fast-pace restaurant like McDonalds, to see what it actually takes to serve people, deal with employees, customer issues, etc. It is always easier outside looking in.
haters

Columbia City, IN

#35 Nov 16, 2008
UC Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes- on 2 separate occasions I watchd thm use that mop on the sidewalks to the entrance & the went inside & start mopping the floors inside. That is disgusting!!!! This is the worst McDonalds i have ever been too. And to "wtf" people have complained inside & the just look @ you like your an idiot. I see a big difference on shifts too. In the morning it seem there is older people working & you get your food quick & theorder is right but that eveningshift is alot of immature kids- goofing off & orders are screwed up all the time. It is ridiculous. If you dont like what is being said to read whats on here.
i used to work there...and it is McDonald's policy to mop the side walks outside the store ..not our idea ..the owners. and there are three separate mops they use...one for lobby ..one for the grill
area.... and one is maintenance...they are not and would never use the same mop in different areas of the store....i know the maintenance man
and he always follows the rules...he is an old man and he beleives in following the rules not like the kids that work up there most of them dont care....
haters

Columbia City, IN

#36 Nov 16, 2008
Ron Pruitt wrote:
A Lot of people need to work a shift in a busy fast-pace restaurant like McDonald's, to see what it actually takes to serve people, deal with employees, customer issues, etc. It is always easier outside looking in.
i agree... people think that just because you work at McDonald's that you must be dumb...it takes a really strong person to deal with customers who are hell bent on causing a scene..
coming in cussing and screaming cause there were pickles on your sandwich and you didn't want them..you start by yelling at the manager ..then you start criticizing the grill people..and you didn't even tell the drive thru lady you wanted no pickle..i mean damn ,it is just a sandwich..is it worth the whole crew and the customers thinking you are being a jerk ?

work there for one day and see just what it is like ...dealing with 80 to 100 customers an hour during rush ...for crappy pay
wrong

Maineville, OH

#37 Nov 16, 2008
I don't believe anyone is saying just b/c you work at McDonald's you must be dumb...
In this day and age it is very hard to get a job, or the gas is too freakin high to get to a job outside of this town.
There's nothing wrong with working at McDonald's, the problem is this is a fast food service, to which 1st of all the customer is always right! Second of all, you are handling food that people are going to eat.
But, it's not just the teenagers that are a problem, however I recently have had horrible experiences there from the teenage workers, but didn't get much intellect from the manager either.

Not everyone is cut out for public service, and I feel ALOT of the current employees are NOT! Move on and let others in this community that need the money have it
sarcastic

Maineville, OH

#38 Nov 16, 2008
I worked for a McDonald's almost 20 years ago. I took pride in my work and was dedicated to doing a good job for the company and the customers. The unfortunate thing is that these days many people don't take pride in what they do and just do what is necessary to get by. Giving little to no effort just shows that there is no dedication or even pride in what you do. What you exude ends up being the impression others gather. Go in whole-heartedly or don't bother with wasting others time. If you get paid to do a job, do it to the best of your ability without complaint. When you accept a job, you should accept the pros and cons that come with it. What I see at the UC McDonalds is total disdain. I really hope this changes for not only employees but customers as well.
lovin it

Columbia City, IN

#39 Nov 17, 2008
uc resident wrote:
Yeah they cant get orders straight for sure, Of course alot of it is the help. They fired a kid 3 weeks ago for smoking dope out back behind the dumpster. So you can see why the orders are screwed up.
you are such a lair...no one got fired for smoking behind the dumpter....wow ...rumor starter!..most of the time the error is just careless...or just the fact some of the girls who work there are real airheads...most are new...
blah blah blah

United States

#40 Nov 17, 2008
haters wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree... people think that just because you work at McDonald's that you must be dumb...it takes a really strong person to deal with customers who are hell bent on causing a scene..
coming in cussing and screaming cause there were pickles on your sandwich and you didn't want them..you start by yelling at the manager ..then you start criticizing the grill people..and you didn't even tell the drive thru lady you wanted no pickle..i mean damn ,it is just a sandwich..is it worth the whole crew and the customers thinking you are being a jerk ?
work there for one day and see just what it is like ...dealing with 80 to 100 customers an hour during rush ...for crappy pay
What does that have to do with the rudeness of the one manager? I had to go in from the drive thru because my order was wrong, and she was very rude, acting like it was my fault. She needs to realize we are the reason she has a job. Without customers where would you be? Thank you. Like I've always said, if you can't handle the stress of a fast paced job or working with the public, find a different job.
Correction

Lexington, KY

#41 Nov 18, 2008
Ron Pruitt wrote:
Alot of people need to work a shift in a busy fast-pace restaurant like McDonalds, to see what it actually takes to serve people, deal with employees, customer issues, etc. It is always easier outside looking in.
I wish the UCI Mcdonalds employees should have to work a shift at Greenville Mcdonalds to see what it actually takes to serve people, deal with employees, customer issues, etc and do it properly. Night and day difference between these two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep doing your heroin you will end up dead 3 hr Chuck 12
Who’s the best at giving head? 4 hr Man 1
Bald idiot 8 hr Not a good husband 8
News Union City ranked poorest town in Indiana Sun Margaret 13
Hayley bowman? (Jan '16) Dec 7 Just saying 7
who would do that (Mar '17) Dec 1 Believe in yourself 46
Drugs Nov 28 BillORights 2

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance