Union City police arrest four, call a...

Union City police arrest four, call attack gang-related

There are 64 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Nov 12, 2006, titled Union City police arrest four, call attack gang-related. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

Union City police arrested four people Friday night on suspicion of attempted homicide and for allegedly participating in a gang-related crime, according to a police statement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

Tony

Albany, CA

#26 Jul 18, 2007
Revolt or shut up wrote:
talk about spinless? pffff whos online talking down about people they have never met? im sure these 'spineless' gangbangers would have some choice words for you if you actually had the gutz to say something to them personally, but alas, you choose to vent behind a computer monitor..
Who cares what bangers think? Time to take out the trash.
kate

Florence, SC

#27 Jul 29, 2007
How really sad this all is. I must comment though that many citizens are taking up arms, learning how to handle, shoot and keep a weapon for protection. These kids are wasting the very life that God gave them and some, will end up getting killed before they are 18. I once was robbed by two teenagers who came to my house at night. We called the police and the police chased them down and arrested them. That was some years ago, if it were today, I would just shoot them, and then call the police. This is what is happening more and more. People are tired of this gang activity and crime and they are standing up for themselves. Starting/joining a gang is stupid. Stupid is as stupid does. No one will respect you. No one. How could they? Gang members don't even respect themselves. Sad. Really sad.
lil triger

Newark, CA

#30 Dec 5, 2007
187 on a drop out xiv westend newark
mr lurch

Newark, CA

#31 Dec 5, 2007
187 on spl,cws strait ynl westend newark fu spl
decoto 14st

United States

#32 Jan 17, 2008
IM MISSING YOU BINIAM wrote:
FIRST OF ALL YOU ACT HARD AND LIKE YOURE ALL FOR DECOTO BUT WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT UP YOU GUYS RUN AND CRY AND PLAY THE HARD LIFE CARD " DADDY WASNT THERE" MOMS ON CRACK WELL BOO FREAKIN WHO! Biniam lost a brother and a father and never once did he act like you "gangsters" and as for you people who claim that your decoto and you have latino pride i would like for all OF YOU TO WRITE A PAPER IN SPANISH OR EVEN TRY TO HOLD A PROPER CONVERSATION I BET YOU CANT! THATS A DISGRACE TO LATINOS!
BINIAM claimed he was an LDG'ER AND WHAT
Athena

United States

#33 Mar 4, 2008
ALL YOU HATERS CAN GO TO HELL - I'LL DRIVE YOU!! The boys need to be released, they are innocent. Let them come home, to their families who need them. The police are looking for someone to blame, so they turn to those they fear, those who are competition for them.

We'll get through this together mi raza!
YOUNG MADDEN

United States

#34 Mar 4, 2008
FREE THE HOMIES FAST
DODGE TOWN MARINE

United States

#35 Mar 4, 2008
FREE MY LOVED ONES
uclocal

San Francisco, CA

#36 Mar 6, 2008
kate wrote:
How really sad this all is. I must comment though that many citizens are taking up arms, learning how to handle, shoot and keep a weapon for protection. These kids are wasting the very life that God gave them and some, will end up getting killed before they are 18. I once was robbed by two teenagers who came to my house at night. We called the police and the police chased them down and arrested them. That was some years ago, if it were today, I would just shoot them, and then call the police. This is what is happening more and more. People are tired of this gang activity and crime and they are standing up for themselves. Starting/joining a gang is stupid. Stupid is as stupid does. No one will respect you. No one. How could they? Gang members don't even respect themselves. Sad. Really sad.
Kate, I disagree with you about shooting robbers. I don't own a gun and I won't purchase a gun. I believe life is more valuable than the property of material possessions I own so I don't feel there is a need to shoot a robber over stolen material possessions from my home. Besides you can get the replacement value of stolen possessions from your insurance company. So if you own valuable material possessions I suggest you take pictures of your property and obtain home insurance to cover the replacement value of stolen property. Also, there is a dangerous possibility that a robber may carry his own gun and may shoot back at you and you both can lose your life.
SA-KLEEN

Sunnyvale, CA

#37 Mar 6, 2008
All these kids that are in gangs are in gangs because of their community. If the community offered programs in which these kids would have a place to do extra-curricular, and not have to pay would be great. Many of these kids have talent, but society pushes them away because they have no money. They try to fit in with everyone else,but they are rejected. Therefore, they join gangs were it doesn't matter who you are or how you look, but instead of what you are capable to do for them. In gangs these teens find the appreciation they need. Now if everyone is saying that these kids are innocent why don't you prove them inncoent go and state the facts, dont just run around creating more drama and saying F** the police, because guess what, when you best friend gets shot the first thing you do is CALL THE POLICE. I understand your young and ignorant, but sooner or later you're going to have to grow up and become adults. A great friend of mine once said " I ain't gonna be a gang member forever", unfortunatly the next day he was murdered. He never had the chance to prove his word. But I will prove it for him.

I am not saying that the police is always right because I am sure that is not true. For the murder of Jesus Cruz they have no witnesses, no evidence, no nothing. But for every murder since then they have suspects, and everything else. The reason why is because they don't " have any clues" is because they aren't looking. They don't care about the teenagers involved in Decoto. They prefer to have them all in jail or murdered because it makes their jobs that much easier.
uclocal

San Jose, CA

#38 Mar 8, 2008
According to the TV programs I've seen murder cases are hot to solve within the first 48 hours. But if the case is not solved within 48 hours the case gets cold and is more difficult to solve. I believe the police would be getting phone calls as to the identity of the suspect if a reward was being offered. But whether a reward is offered or not keeping in touch with the police often is the key to motivate the police to solve the case for the surviving family members. Don't give up on the police. They are the ones you need to solve the case.
Quit The Gang

Mountain View, CA

#40 Apr 29, 2008
nobody in the real world is impressed by how "hard/tough" you are. people are more impressed by your achievements in life. quite the gang and do something positive for yourself and your community. live up to your potential.
UNION CITY GANGS DON't SCARE ME. I ain't moving out just because of all these shootings and people getting jumped. Who are you people without the guns or without the "homies".
Real men don't need a crew to be tough.
Real men back themselves up.
Cak3s

United States

#42 May 23, 2008
Fck Ldg you guys are all a bunch of lowlifes you guys too scared to fight one on ones so you go around jumping people...

YFK stay up
decoto gangster-rip jr-

Alameda, CA

#46 Oct 3, 2008
rip jr. 187 promised ucpd-mnb-gMB-lnd-contempo-eso
ANGEL

Durham, NC

#47 Oct 3, 2008
i remember back in da day when there was no gang banging. you fought one on one with whoever you was beefing with. if that person whipped you, you walk away and keep yer mouth shut from there on. only if someone came into your barrio making trouble did the whole crew stand up. bottom line, now that I'm a mom, i can say that youngstas need to realize, you don't own the streets, the government does. you ain't got no territory, quit bangin blue or red, bang green (get a job and make money), quit backing north or south, buy property, then you DO own that, but don't shoot anyone trespassing, call 50. Thing is? No matter how mad someone makes you, that person is loved by his parents, sister, brother, cousins, aunts uncles, grandparents and friends. when you kill one person, you hurt a whole slew of people. Put yourself in their shoes.......if someone kills you, how would your friends and family hurt? even the thought sucks, huh?
ANGEL

Durham, NC

#48 Oct 3, 2008
Quit The Gang wrote:
nobody in the real world is impressed by how "hard/tough" you are. people are more impressed by your achievements in life. quite the gang and do something positive for yourself and your community. live up to your potential.
UNION CITY GANGS DON't SCARE ME. I ain't moving out just because of all these shootings and people getting jumped. Who are you people without the guns or without the "homies".
Real men don't need a crew to be tough.
Real men back themselves up.
Horale! well said.
COLLEGEBOY

Livingston, CA

#49 Jan 5, 2009
Quit The Gang wrote:
nobody in the real world is impressed by how "hard/tough" you are. people are more impressed by your achievements in life. quite the gang and do something positive for yourself and your community. live up to your potential.
UNION CITY GANGS DON't SCARE ME. I ain't moving out just because of all these shootings and people getting jumped. Who are you people without the guns or without the "homies".
Real men don't need a crew to be tough.
Real men back themselves up.
STOP TALKING ON THE INTERNT AND MAKE SOME CHANGES THEN. DO SOMTETHING!WHO ARE YOU TO TALK DOWN TO ANYONE.
COLLEGEBOY

Livingston, CA

#50 Jan 5, 2009
American wrote:
The little punks can't even speak proper English. Hopefully they'll kill each other before another respectable person gets hurt.
Technically no one from the United States speaks proper English. Only people from England do and I have been to Europe and talked to people who speak proper English. So get you information straight before you go talking trash online.
COLLEGEBOY

Livingston, CA

#51 Jan 5, 2009
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what bangers think? Time to take out the trash.
Why dont you go out and take the trash. stop talking smack online and make some changes. Who cares what you think?Are you a professor or something important?
COLLEGEBOY

Livingston, CA

#52 Jan 5, 2009
IM MISSING YOU BINIAM wrote:
FIRST OF ALL YOU ACT HARD AND LIKE YOURE ALL FOR DECOTO BUT WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT UP YOU GUYS RUN AND CRY AND PLAY THE HARD LIFE CARD " DADDY WASNT THERE" MOMS ON CRACK WELL BOO FREAKIN WHO! Biniam lost a brother and a father and never once did he act like you "gangsters" and as for you people who claim that your decoto and you have latino pride i would like for all OF YOU TO WRITE A PAPER IN SPANISH OR EVEN TRY TO HOLD A PROPER CONVERSATION I BET YOU CANT! THATS A DISGRACE TO LATINOS!
Wow! That was deep!NOT! STop talking trash online and go do something. They all hang out on Depot Rd and F street. But you most likely wont go do something. Takes real heart to talk smack through your computer. Im tired of all you people who are playing judge and jury. They are innocent until provin guilty. Stop acting like you are all saints!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any strip malls/business centers in hayward wit... Mar 20 FallenRev 1
Anybody know what the police activity concerned? Mar 18 DianeW 2
News Antioch police shoot man who rammed their car Mar 18 James 1
Abuse at Teen Challenge INTL Bonifay FL (Aug '11) Mar 17 Saint of YHVH 94
News Amazon's Ultimatum to City of East Palo Alto: C... Mar 9 dinerdash2001 1
Any experience with Honorable Elizabeth Hendric... (Mar '16) Mar 9 Mad Dad 16
What are the names of the different gangs in Ha... (Jun '10) Mar 6 SouthHayward343 251

Union City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union City Mortgages