Woman jumps from freeway overpass

Jan 29, 2008 Full story: The Argus 18

“We were very challenged by the call both physically and emotionally”

A woman remained in serious condition late Monday after jumping from the Mowry Avenue overpass onto southbound Interstate 880 earlier in the day as police tried in vain to grab her. via The Argus

Full Story
uclocal

Orinda, CA

#1 Jan 29, 2008
What a drastic way to commit suicide! The woman is fortunate she survived the jump and hopefully she will realize that life is worth living. I believe it's true that suicide is for cowards. It takes real guts to stay alive, face the music, and accept what life brings you good and bad.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Jan 08

Castro Valley, CA

#2 Feb 3, 2008
And I thought I hated the commute!
DAFFY DUCK

AOL

#3 Feb 3, 2008
SHES A LOSER TRYING TO MESS UP SOMEBODYS CAR THEN THEY HAVE TO GO TO THE CAR WASH TO GET THE MESS OFF SHES TRYING TO CAUSE A WREAK ON 880
Deidre

Milpitas, CA

#4 Feb 5, 2008
suicide is a very serious thing. These people are seriously ill, and your off the cuff comments are insensitive. Evidentally, you don't know anyone who has done this, and it doesn't affect you. I am offended by your remarks. Educate yourself about mental illness and maybe you will get it!
uclocal

Orinda, CA

#5 Feb 5, 2008
Deidre wrote:
suicide is a very serious thing. These people are seriously ill, and your off the cuff comments are insensitive. Evidentally, you don't know anyone who has done this, and it doesn't affect you. I am offended by your remarks. Educate yourself about mental illness and maybe you will get it!
I don't believe everyone who commits suicide is mentally ill. I also don't believe everyone who is metally ill is suicidal. These people lose hope, inspiration, motivation, and the will to live so they look for an easy way out to their problems - death.
THE REALEST

Modesto, CA

#6 Feb 5, 2008
thats sad but the girl should have jumped from the Bay Bridge when no boats were present. At least she wouldn't put anyone else at risk.
uclocal

Orinda, CA

#7 Feb 6, 2008
THE REALEST wrote:
thats sad but the girl should have jumped from the Bay Bridge when no boats were present. At least she wouldn't put anyone else at risk.
No the girl shouldn't be jumping from the Bay Bridge or anywhere else. Let's not give people the wrong idea that suicide is OK. It's not OK to commit suicide. It's wrong in God's eyes. These people need to put God in their lives to give them a reason to live.
THE REALEST

Delhi, CA

#8 Feb 8, 2008
uclocal wrote:
<quoted text>
No the girl shouldn't be jumping from the Bay Bridge or anywhere else. Let's not give people the wrong idea that suicide is OK. It's not OK to commit suicide. It's wrong in God's eyes. These people need to put God in their lives to give them a reason to live.
I agree with you that it is wrong in the eyes of God and that noone should take the gift that god has given them on their own but if they are gonna do it, dont hurt anyone else in the process. Thus jumping of the Bay Bridge would be more appropriate. Or standing in front of a train. No innocent casualties.
uclocal

Orinda, CA

#9 Feb 21, 2008
DAFFY DUCK wrote:
SHES A LOSER TRYING TO MESS UP SOMEBODYS CAR THEN THEY HAVE TO GO TO THE CAR WASH TO GET THE MESS OFF SHES TRYING TO CAUSE A WREAK ON 880
No she wouldn't have messed up any cars because the Newark police and CHP shut down traffic in the southbound lanes while police were trying to persuade her not to jump.
uclocal

Orinda, CA

#10 Feb 21, 2008
THE REALEST wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that it is wrong in the eyes of God and that noone should take the gift that god has given them on their own but if they are gonna do it, dont hurt anyone else in the process. Thus jumping of the Bay Bridge would be more appropriate. Or standing in front of a train. No innocent casualties.
My son was walking near railroad tracks when he witnessed a high school girl get decapitated when she was hit by a train as she was walking on the tracks. It's a horrible way to die and a horrible memory for anyone to witness. No parents want to see their child's dead body in that condition. If anyone wants to commit suicide then I suggest that person pray to God for help and get counseling. There are no valid reasons to commit suicide.
satan

Parkhill, Canada

#11 Feb 22, 2008
how about to find the answer to the ultimate question. to see what is on the other side.
uclocal

Orinda, CA

#12 Sep 23, 2008
satan wrote:
how about to find the answer to the ultimate question. to see what is on the other side.
According to the Bible you won't see nothing at all after death. At Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 it reads "For the living are conscious that they will die, but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun."
Thinks about it

Castro Valley, CA

#13 Sep 24, 2008
uclocal wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Bible you won't see nothing at all after death. At Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 it reads "For the living are conscious that they will die, but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun."
Do you seriously believe that everyone follows the bible? What a conceited self righteous way to view the world. If I were to pick up a book and just pull a quote out of it to disprove what you've stated, would you throw your hands up and say that I'm right? Consider who you're talking to the next time you use the bible to prove your point. It's like a kid saying "my mommy told me so."
uclocal

Orinda, CA

#14 Sep 28, 2008
Thinks about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you seriously believe that everyone follows the bible? What a conceited self righteous way to view the world. If I were to pick up a book and just pull a quote out of it to disprove what you've stated, would you throw your hands up and say that I'm right? Consider who you're talking to the next time you use the bible to prove your point. It's like a kid saying "my mommy told me so."
No, I don't believe that everyone follows the bible and I never said that. Also, if you were to pick up a book and pull a quote to disprove what I quoted from the bible I would not throw up my hands and say you're right. Why? Because I believe in the Bible as the only book inspired by God. To prove my point it says at 2 Timothy 3:16: "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." If you want answers to questions on death read your bible.
The Bay

Santa Clara, CA

#15 Sep 29, 2008
THE REALEST wrote:
<quoted text>
No innocent casualties? What about the train operator and the passengers who will be psychologically traumatized for what they experience?
Sue

San Carlos, CA

#17 Oct 23, 2008
Wow! I just a read a previous article about the guy jumping on the hood of cars on the freeway! and now this!

Since: Oct 08

Reno, NV

#18 Oct 27, 2008
buy a volvo.....they have strong roofs......you sure don't want to drive a convertable if people are going to be doing that.........but if i still lived in the bay area i would probably jump off of somthing too
Trixie

Hampton, VA

#19 Oct 28, 2008
She should listen to some David Cassidy music. That would soothe her soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is wrong with Vallejo? (Aug '09) 17 hr sECRETcONFIDENTIAL 113
Santa Rita Jail Inmate Dies in Custody (Sep '06) 18 hr mary 393
Review: Foothill Psychic (Sep '09) Jan 24 sandy cheecks 11
Review: Banfield Pet Hospital Karen Tancuan, DV... Jan 24 The Hills 1
Drive a Car in Oakland? Your Movements Are Bein... Jan 23 What's your point? 1
Review: Autos International Jan 23 SeniorJane 1
Review: Alas Cargo (Feb '10) Jan 16 Remy Sarceno 44

Union City News Video

Union City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Union City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 am PST

NBC Sports 5:39AM
Raiders adding Sal Sunseri to defensive staff
NBC Sports 6:31 AM
Raiders hire Todd Downing as quarterbacks coach
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
NBC Sports10:39 AM
Alleghany County sheriff: No conflict of interest with deputy working for Steelers