14-year-old Union City shooting victim is identified by police

Dec 23, 2007 Full story: San Jose Mercury News 76

Union City police Saturday identified a 14-year-old boy fatally shot the day before as Vernon Matthew Eddins. via San Jose Mercury News

Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
West oakland boi ACORN

San Francisco, CA

#73 Mar 13, 2009
RIP Vernon bruh we miss u
Mac in peace mnb boi
Dreamingincolor

Castro Valley, CA

#74 Apr 10, 2009
I went to logan. I walked the halls. I felt the tension. I didnt know Biniam but i knew of him. Alot of my friends where very close with him. I was supposed to go to the party that night.I didnt know vernon but alot of my friends did. The point is i didnt have to know these individuals to feel the hurt, disappointment and shame. Unfortunatly growing up in this generation kids are scared. Afraid to knuckle up and fight, unable to take one to the chin and keep pushing. So they reach for a gun. The sound of a gun going off still leaves chills shivering down my spine. Because losing a loved one or friend is all to familiar to each and everyone one of us. It gives us a common bond you could say black brown yellow or purple we all know the sorrow of loseing someone we love. Guns should never be an option, killing is something you can not change. because if you kill a person you can not apologize for it but if you do someone wrong you can make up for it. Murder is the ultimate crime because no matter what you do you cant take it back. We should be finding ways to bring change, positive ways, if the police wont take a stand in your community then bring your community together to make the change. Thats the history of our people, we fought for every right we have cesar chavez, ghandi martin luther king strong wise PEACEFULL men who brought change. Call me crazy but i still have faith in this world. Life is to short to live it filled with hate. Vernon and Biniam your free, look out for us up there.
Dreamingincolor

Castro Valley, CA

#75 Apr 10, 2009
UC resident wrote:
<quoted text> The "black kids" aren't as innocent as you may think. The "black kids" come over usually from Oakland to Union City on BART to go to Logan. Ever since they have been coming over there has been alot more violence. BTW not all of them come over just to study they come to start trouble. I will not talk bad about the dead however, there is one little detail worth mentioning about the vernon shooting. He was cutting class when he should have been at an assembly and he wasn't exactly cutting and going home to study.
Not trying to start an argument just making a point... cutting class... doesnt justify being shot... nothing does..
you aint seen nothin yet

United States

#76 Apr 11, 2009
DECOTO GANGSTER wrote:
LOL SHUT THE FUNK UP
Parents and older residents need to rise up and arm themselves! These little kids aint runnin around with cap guns anymore! the kids got real guns what do we got? the police? they cant be everywhere at once, We need to protect ourselves, Kid or no kid gang or no gang you point a gun at me I will shoot first to preserve my life and ask questions later! as far as the police as long as the punk had a gun and threatend me than its self preservation.
We need to adopt some new law's, such as it dont matter how old you are if you shoot someone and kill them than you are tried as an adult, and if convicted than you get the needle in the arm within 24 months, that way it gives two years for an apeal its time enough and its fair, it also gives these kids 24 months to think about what they got comming to them!
the law is to easy on kids and first time offenders, in some other countries they catch you stealing they cut fingers off, you get caught killing someone you get tried and if convicted you are exacutted the same day! untill we get tough on these punks its only going to get worse, We are the adults they are the kids its time to rise up and retake our rights as parents and adults,(OR SHOULD WE CONTINUE TO WALK THE STREETS IN FEAR OF OR OWN KIDS?)
L GANG

Santa Rosa, CA

#77 Apr 14, 2009
The Realest wrote:
This is how gangs are started. The Mexican kids from Decoto are from a Norte gang and the black kids are just Students and for some reason the two often clash. But instead of fist fighting and the Possibility of losing the Mexican Kids resort to weapons instead of fighting one on one. The Black Kids need to start a Gang and get back at em! Bottom line. The Police aint gonna do nothing!!
Man these lil jungle bunnies start the funk half the time they are not inocent
K-O-C

Union City, CA

#79 Aug 2, 2009
MAN R.I.P LIL VERNON YOU ARE STILL && WILL ALWAYS BE IN MA HEART && APART OF OUR FAMILY.. ITS HARD TO LIVE WITH THIS SITUATION BUT I PRAY DAILY && ASK GOD TO GET US THRU THIS.. IT JUST AINT THE SAME NOW THAT YU GONE && WE TRY SO HARD TO KEEP OUR HEADS UP CUZ WE KNO YOUR IN A BETTER PLACE BUT WE CANT SEE YOU SMILE EVERYDAY && THAT TAKES A BIG PART OF HAPPINESS FROM US.. ND WITH ALL DUE RESPECT F*** ANYBODY WHO DONT RESPECT VERN ND LEARN TO RESPECT THE FAM. S.I.P BUTTERFLY && KISS GOD FOR US.
LDG Gang

Hayward, CA

#82 Oct 29, 2009
K-O-C wrote:
MAN R.I.P LIL VERNON YOU ARE STILL && WILL ALWAYS BE IN MA HEART && APART OF OUR FAMILY.. ITS HARD TO LIVE WITH THIS SITUATION BUT I PRAY DAILY && ASK GOD TO GET US THRU THIS.. IT JUST AINT THE SAME NOW THAT YU GONE && WE TRY SO HARD TO KEEP OUR HEADS UP CUZ WE KNO YOUR IN A BETTER PLACE BUT WE CANT SEE YOU SMILE EVERYDAY && THAT TAKES A BIG PART OF HAPPINESS FROM US.. ND WITH ALL DUE RESPECT F*** ANYBODY WHO DONT RESPECT VERN ND LEARN TO RESPECT THE FAM. S.I.P BUTTERFLY && KISS GOD FOR US.
fk vern
ghost

Hayward, CA

#83 Jan 28, 2010
DECOTO'S BEEN A LATINO NEIGHBORHOOD FOR MORE THAN A CENTURY. ALSO, DECOTO IS NOT A GANG ITS A COMMUNITY, IF JAMES LOGAN HIGH SCHOOL WOULDNT ACCEPT STUDENTS THAT LIVE IN OAKLAND THAT COME ON BART EVERY DAY, AND STIR THE POT
THE PROBLEM WOULD COME TO AN END. WAT PART OF LATINO NEIGHBORHOOD DONT U UNDERSTAND? ITS NOT WHERE YOU'RE FROM-ITS WHERE URE AT.AS A DECOTO RESIDENT I LEARNED THAT KEEPING YOUR MOUTH CLOSED
CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE
Just Me

United States

#84 Jan 29, 2010
Pissed Off wrote:
Kids killing kids. I live near Decoto and this crap is becoming all to familiar. Biniam Yifru was a friend of mine and he was killed by one of these punk gang bangers. Sorry your mom is a crackhead, sorry your dad is in quentin. Why don't you break the generational curse and do something with your life and become a productive member of society. Anyone can carry a gun, I've got many. Takes a man/woman to be productive. Step up and be someone.
People like this dont even know ... they speak just to hear themselves speak ... cause if you knew anything about the shooters family you would know his parents are both well educated college grads. with yes a troubled son instead of talking bad you should know the Lord and pray
Just Me

United States

#85 Jan 29, 2010
we keep hearing Vernon WHAT ABOUT JUNIOR CRUZ the 21 year old male that the BLACKs brag about killing in front of his own house who died in his fathers arms. he should have been safe in his front yard BUT LND black kids from Oakland want to come run the streets in better place CALLED UNION CITY and try and make it dirty like the home they are used to in Oakland,
Rayboy

San Jose, CA

#86 Jan 30, 2010
Odd.....Blacks / Latinos ad infinitum. Instead of pointing fingers at each other....point 'em at yourselves....but put the guns down first.
where vern at

United States

#91 May 25, 2010
vern got what got cuz he deserved.. an for that suka tryna start a clik in decoto u stoopid an u puttin yourself in danger cause them bois sum hitts

Since: Jul 10

Salinas, CA

#92 Aug 15, 2010
The Realest wrote:
This is how gangs are started. The Mexican kids from Decoto are from a Norte gang and the black kids are just Students and for some reason the two often clash. But instead of fist fighting and the Possibility of losing the Mexican Kids resort to weapons instead of fighting one on one. The Black Kids need to start a Gang and get back at em! Bottom line. The Police aint gonna do nothing!!
No one cares about black people their all losers and pathetic a-holes that need to leave our cities and go back to either africa or the slums that they come from....Oakland.

Since: Jul 10

Salinas, CA

#93 Aug 15, 2010
Just Me wrote:
we keep hearing Vernon WHAT ABOUT JUNIOR CRUZ the 21 year old male that the BLACKs brag about killing in front of his own house who died in his fathers arms. he should have been safe in his front yard BUT LND black kids from Oakland want to come run the streets in better place CALLED UNION CITY and try and make it dirty like the home they are used to in Oakland,
Mayates aka Blacks always want to play victims of society.
DECOTO Fo-SeV

Union City, CA

#94 Nov 3, 2010
hahahaha
Decoto L-Gang

Alameda, CA

#95 Dec 11, 2010
vern was a b!tch anyways

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nembutal at last!!!! (Sep '13) Fri Shazza 17
Mark Fri unspotted boy 15
HELLO? California? Mar 25 Rupert B Jigglebo... 3
News Woman brain-dead after being hit by SUV in Hayward Mar 24 sonia ponce 3
Wise Choice to Make AVCHD to MP4 on Mavericks (Aug '14) Mar 23 cultureenhance 2
Looking for female doberman to breed with my ma... Mar 23 unspotted boy 2
News 17-year-old homicide victim from San Leandro id... (Jan '09) Mar 21 Oakland Raised 141
Union City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Union City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]