Vermont gives rescued Capt. Richard P...

Vermont gives rescued Capt. Richard Phillips a warm welcome and...

There are 26 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 25, 2009, titled Vermont gives rescued Capt. Richard Phillips a warm welcome and.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Less than two weeks after the Navy rescued him from captivity by Somali pirates, Capt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bea arthur

Chicago, IL

#24 Apr 28, 2009
Troubled Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't. The captain is an American citizen and a taxpayer and he was the one who suffered through a harrowing ordeal while Obie sat in his cushy office. Obie is here to serve the people.
Good catch. Yes, he's a citizen and taxpayer (though that doesn't mean much to ruthless bottom feeders in international waters). Yep, it was a nasty situation. And yes he was in his cushy office - ordering the hit based on the intel.

And if you played a key role in saving my life even from behind your desk, I'd be eternally grateful, tell the world about it, and the last thing I'd care about are your political leanings.
Troubled Waters

Glastonbury, CT

#25 Apr 28, 2009
bea arthur wrote:
<quoted text>
Good catch. Yes, he's a citizen and taxpayer (though that doesn't mean much to ruthless bottom feeders in international waters). Yep, it was a nasty situation. And yes he was in his cushy office - ordering the hit based on the intel.
And if you played a key role in saving my life even from behind your desk, I'd be eternally grateful, tell the world about it, and the last thing I'd care about are your political leanings.
I'm willing to bet if Bush were in office when this happened you wouldn't have even written that post. You only wrote it because it was almighty Obama that made the call.

The navy did a great rescue and the captain put his life on the line to save his crew but you want to make this all about Obama. Oh how I hope this is a fast 4 years.

ObamaObamaObamaObamaEverything IsAboutObamaObamaObama
bea arthur

Frankfort, IL

#26 Apr 29, 2009
In this instance who the president is is irrelevent in my mind. To disprove your point I still commend Bush for his role in catching Hussein, but that's about it.

Other than that, since Bush's body of work consisted of botching almost everything else he touched, I'd be willing to bet if he were involved in this one we'd have one dead captain followed shortly by WWIII.

All I said was Obama ordered the hit, which is accurate. The Cappy didn't thank him that I know of, also accurate.
Troubled Waters

Glastonbury, CT

#27 Apr 29, 2009
bea arthur wrote:
In this instance who the president is is irrelevent in my mind. To disprove your point I still commend Bush for his role in catching Hussein, but that's about it.
Other than that, since Bush's body of work consisted of botching almost everything else he touched, I'd be willing to bet if he were involved in this one we'd have one dead captain followed shortly by WWIII.
All I said was Obama ordered the hit, which is accurate. The Cappy didn't thank him that I know of, also accurate.
The captain went through a harrowing, life-threatening experience and Obama did not, so I don't think it's a big deal he didn't thank Obie. I think Obie should be applauding the captain.
bea arthur

Chicago, IL

#28 Apr 30, 2009
Troubled Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
The captain went through a harrowing, life-threatening experience and Obama did not, so I don't think it's a big deal he didn't thank Obie. I think Obie should be applauding the captain.
Fair enough, anything more I say would be repetitive. Good chattin' with you. Peace
Troubled Waters

Glastonbury, CT

#29 Apr 30, 2009
bea arthur wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough, anything more I say would be repetitive. Good chattin' with you. Peace
Same here. Take it easy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Underhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winooski fire chief accused of inappropriate co... Apr '16 Chief Bone Smoker 2
News Single payer advocates propose expansion of Dr.... (Dec '15) Jan '16 FEDERAL CIRCUS OF... 2
Is EuroFoodMart Legit? (Apr '11) Apr '15 Dude 28
News Restaurant hires PR firm after bacon brouhaha (Aug '14) Apr '15 Henu 3
News Vermont: Muslim War on the Word 'Bacon' (Aug '14) Nov '14 Former New Englander 4
News Vermont restaurant removes - bacon' sign after ... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Trisha 34
Review: Bernasconi Construction (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jon Wheeler 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Underhill Mortgages