US sea captain freed in swift firefight

US sea captain freed in swift firefight

There are 69 comments on the KansasCity.com story from Apr 12, 2009, titled US sea captain freed in swift firefight. In it, KansasCity.com reports that:

An American ship captain was freed unharmed Sunday in a swift firefight that killed three of the four Somali pirates who had been holding him for days in a lifeboat off the coast of Africa, the ship's owner said.A senior U.S. intelligence official said a pirate who had been involved in negotiations to free Capt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KansasCity.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Citizen

Evergreen Park, IL

#63 Apr 14, 2009
Rogerg wrote:
It was on the news!
The Somalian news?

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#64 Apr 14, 2009
Somalian news?

“Green card?”

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#65 Apr 14, 2009
So, should they have guns aboard?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/14/eve...
Dang rights.
Citizen

Evergreen Park, IL

#66 Apr 14, 2009
Have Blackwater Worlwide (Xe)on all the sips; I bet with you that'll take care of things.
Citizen

Evergreen Park, IL

#67 Apr 14, 2009
Blackwater Worldwide (Xe) has been approached by about 70 companies about protective security services:

http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/4173/blac...
Citizen

Evergreen Park, IL

#68 Apr 14, 2009

Offbeat

“ Seal Of Democrat Party”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#69 Apr 15, 2009
c-mon SALLY wrote:
It was on the news, but you had to read between the lines, as you should do with all politically and culturally biased news stories. What exactly do you think "a swift firefight" means? It just sounds more courageous than "they were shot from long range by snipers" Are you the type that believes news stories more when they come from the mouths of our own scumbags?
Lady you were the one that made the statement like it was a fact. I called you on it to prove that your statment #5 was true. You placed it in your post like it was and I just wanted to know how you know this was true. You still haven't told us how you came across this bit of information.
old news

Murfreesboro, TN

#70 Apr 15, 2009
Here's a question for you: These vessels that have to use that travel route to ship their goods. They know the piracy problems exists. Why are their vessels not armed with enough fire power to blow those pirates out of the water? How can a huge vessel give in to a small boat with a bunch of hoodlums on them?

I say if enough shippers protected their own vessels, this would be a non issue.

Pretty soon there would be no pirates and the issue is over.

Seems pretty simplistic to me.

“Green card?”

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#71 Apr 15, 2009
old news wrote:
Here's a question for you: These vessels that have to use that travel route to ship their goods. They know the piracy problems exists. Why are their vessels not armed with enough fire power to blow those pirates out of the water? How can a huge vessel give in to a small boat with a bunch of hoodlums on them?
I say if enough shippers protected their own vessels, this would be a non issue.
Pretty soon there would be no pirates and the issue is over.
Seems pretty simplistic to me.
Against the UN rules, can you imagine that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Underhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesse beshaw- look at the trash defending him Oct '16 Richard 1
News Will a Supreme Court decision change psychiatri... Oct '16 Tanya 1
News Winooski fire chief accused of inappropriate co... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fire him 1
News Single payer advocates propose expansion of Dr.... (Dec '15) Jan '16 FEDERAL CIRCUS OF... 2
Is EuroFoodMart Legit? (Apr '11) Apr '15 Dude 28
Review: Bernasconi Construction (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jon Wheeler 1
News Fall foliage being pushed back? (Oct '11) Nov '11 monkey biter 4

Underhill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Underhill Mortgages