US sea captain freed in swift firefight

US sea captain freed in swift firefight

There are 69 comments on the KansasCity.com story from Apr 12, 2009, titled US sea captain freed in swift firefight. In it, KansasCity.com reports that:

An American ship captain was freed unharmed Sunday in a swift firefight that killed three of the four Somali pirates who had been holding him for days in a lifeboat off the coast of Africa, the ship's owner said.A senior U.S. intelligence official said a pirate who had been involved in negotiations to free Capt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KansasCity.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Dropped on head as child”

Since: Dec 06

Athens, Ga

#1 Apr 12, 2009
Fat Rush will be unhappy. He wants Obama to fail - even in his rescue policy. Obama made the decision to use Special Ops in "etremis".

Too bad - Oxy boy.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#2 Apr 12, 2009
Buzz Flederjon wrote:
Fat Rush will be unhappy. He wants Obama to fail - even in his rescue policy. Obama made the decision to use Special Ops in "etremis".
Too bad - Oxy boy.
For Christ sake man, this has absolutely nothing to do with your sick obsession with politics, this has more to do with Americans being stand up and not being weak. Youve turned a moment of pride in being an American into a frivolous political commentary.
FU
Chilled Out

United States

#3 Apr 12, 2009
Buzz Flederjon wrote:
Too bad - Oxy boy.
Wise up you BO ass kiss

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#4 Apr 12, 2009
Happy Easter, this is a good day.
Just An Observer

Hudsonville, MI

#5 Apr 12, 2009
Bravo to our President, Sec of State Clinton, and the Navy Seals, for a job well done. It's the perfect ending to a great day, Easter Sunday.
Citizen

Evergreen Park, IL

#6 Apr 12, 2009
Good job Navy Seals.
GOD BLESS THE US NAVY.

Athens, Ga

#7 Apr 12, 2009
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
For Christ sake man, this has absolutely nothing to do with your sick obsession with politics, this has more to do with Americans being stand up and not being weak. Youve turned a moment of pride in being an American into a frivolous political commentary.
FU
America "weak"?

You're deranged. Its chickenhawks like Cheney, Bush, and Kristol who want to project American power for the wrong reasons that have gotten us in so much trouble.

Take pride in something worthwhile.

Location hidden

#8 Apr 12, 2009
This has been a proud day, the international community owes the remaining inventory of pirated hostages in Somalia consideration and action.
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#9 Apr 12, 2009
Now that's our military in action! Kudos America. Mor like that.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#10 Apr 12, 2009
Buzz Flederjon wrote:
<quoted text>
America "weak"?
You're deranged. Its chickenhawks like Cheney, Bush, and Kristol who want to project American power for the wrong reasons that have gotten us in so much trouble.
Take pride in something worthwhile.
I do, the individuals who took the ship back and the Captain. Those I see as heroes. Again it has nothing to do with politics.
hotdogs

Huntsville, AL

#11 Apr 12, 2009
i hope them pirates suffered like bleeding out there azz and ears. i am so glad our government didnt do that politicaly correct thing like capturing them and spend millions on trials like the us is noted for doing. i belive in like the russians say. kill em all and let god decide whos inocent. sorry for sounding so sick but this is a sick world now. our navy did the right thing. good shot guys. wish i could have shot one.
Lance Winslow

United States

#12 Apr 12, 2009
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, the individuals who took the ship back and the Captain. Those I see as heroes. Again it has nothing to do with politics.
It has everything to do with politics; that's why the Omama bashers haven't logged in on this yet. They can't stomach something going right for America.

Location hidden

#13 Apr 12, 2009
The Pirates and support crafts have not released an inventory of hostages; there may still be Philippine and others in captivity on land. After the celebrations, with the help of the international community consideration should be for the other hostages.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

United States

#14 Apr 12, 2009
Finally a show of strength by America, I bet this is just pissing the peace and love tambourine bangers off to no end... I LOVE IT.

Let's hope they don't bring these Navy heroes up on some B.S. human rights charges.

“EVOLUTION IS EXTINCTION”

Since: Aug 07

MARIETTA, GA

#15 Apr 12, 2009
This whole episode is weird. Something is wrong. This just does not feel right. Is it possible that the captain of the Maersk vessel was in league with the 'pirates'? Too many FBI on the Maersk vessel! Something is up!

Athens, Ga

#16 Apr 12, 2009
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough.

You sound reasonable.

I will listen to Rush and Handity on Monday and if they support Obama and his Navy Seals Special Ops orders for WORKING I will come back and tip my hat to you.

Athens, Ga

#17 Apr 12, 2009
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
btw - I am not suggesting that YOU are politicizing this event - but that the right-wing media DOES.

Same with Bill Clinton - attack attack attack - because they are aborto-freaks.

Clinton was 100x better man than Baby Bush.

Its all about abortion and religion - the right-wing nutcases eat that crap with both hands.

Location hidden

#18 Apr 12, 2009
The pirate game changed today, invest in submarines.
Seeking truth

Evansville, IN

#19 Apr 12, 2009
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
FU
It was extremely political until the rescue. Now you want to pretend Obama had nothing to do with it. The success happened on Obama's watch.
Les Claypool

Rowlett, TX

#20 Apr 12, 2009
RayOne wrote:
The pirate game changed today, invest in submarines.
You're right. It's about to get nasty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Underhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesse beshaw- look at the trash defending him (Oct '16) Oct '16 Richard 1
News Will a Supreme Court decision change psychiatri... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Tanya 1
News Winooski fire chief accused of inappropriate co... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fire him 1
News Single payer advocates propose expansion of Dr.... (Dec '15) Jan '16 FEDERAL CIRCUS OF... 2
Is EuroFoodMart Legit? (Apr '11) Apr '15 Dude 28
Review: Bernasconi Construction (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jon Wheeler 1
News Fall foliage being pushed back? (Oct '11) Nov '11 monkey biter 4

Underhill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Underhill Mortgages