Addiction experts warn of treatment p...

Addiction experts warn of treatment program cuts

There are 9 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Feb 26, 2009, titled Addiction experts warn of treatment program cuts. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

Cutting state funding to Vermont's drug and alcohol treatment centers could force addicts to seek more costly hospital treatment, leaders of rehabilitation centers warned lawmakers Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

Vermont transplant

Bennington, VT

#1 Feb 26, 2009
If people are turned away they will just go find their dealer or local barroom and forget about getting help. Emergency Rooms don't want to help addicts most of the time you can hear the staff making jokes about them.
Vermontis

New Haven, CT

#2 Feb 26, 2009
NOW wheres all the idiots running their yaps about "legalizing drugs" ????

Imagine the cost to working people if drugs WERE legalized..and we had to pay for the "treatment" of 100 times as many of these losers?
raz a tat tattoo

Bethel, VT

#3 Feb 26, 2009
close the rehabs .go ahead !!!
then build some more prisons in your back yard,because thats where the addicts will go,back to prison,
the only effective program that vermont ever had was shut down,dont know why but they do not offer it anymore, i think howard dean said somerthing about job sercurity.. as there building a new prison,

im glad i moved outta this state for the last time
Vermontis

New Haven, CT

#4 Feb 26, 2009
raz a tat tattoo wrote:
close the rehabs .go ahead !!!
then build some more prisons in your back yard,because thats where the addicts will go,back to prison,
the only effective program that vermont ever had was shut down,dont know why but they do not offer it anymore, i think howard dean said somerthing about job sercurity.. as there building a new prison,
im glad i moved outta this state for the last time
Im sure your last sentiment was shared by many who know you.
X-Vermonter

Canonsburg, PA

#5 Feb 26, 2009
Vermontis wrote:
NOW wheres all the idiots running their yaps about "legalizing drugs" ????
Imagine the cost to working people if drugs WERE legalized..and we had to pay for the "treatment" of 100 times as many of these losers?
I would guess no more than it is costing WE WORKING CLASS people to take care of you and your useless herd!!!!!
Vermontis

New Haven, CT

#6 Feb 26, 2009
X-Vermonter wrote:
<quoted text>
I would guess no more than it is costing WE WORKING CLASS people to take care of you and your useless herd!!!!!
Ive been working and paying taxes for 40 years..no one supports me but me, so you can shove that working class stuff up your bung with your brains.

LOL
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#7 Feb 26, 2009
I got an idea! Forget it, it's not legal!
raz a tat tattoo

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2009
Vermontis wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure your last sentiment was shared by many who know you.
your dumb!!!!!
X-Vermonter

Canonsburg, PA

#9 Feb 26, 2009
Vermontis wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive been working and paying taxes for 40 years..no one supports me but me, so you can shove that working class stuff up your bung with your brains.
LOL
Do you click the heals of your shoes when you tell lies like this??? They do tax unemployment but when did they start taxing your food stamps.
And I just love the little LOL you threw in there!!! It really adds validity to your point. Let me try one, STFU....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Underhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is EuroFoodMart Legit? (Apr '11) Apr '15 Dude 28
News Restaurant hires PR firm after bacon brouhaha (Aug '14) Apr '15 Henu 3
News Vermont: Muslim War on the Word 'Bacon' (Aug '14) Nov '14 Former New Englander 4
News Vermont restaurant removes - bacon' sign after ... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Trisha 34
News Vermont legislators hear of child protection co... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Truth Hurts 1
Review: Bernasconi Construction (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jon Wheeler 1
News Fall foliage being pushed back? (Oct '11) Nov '11 monkey biter 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Underhill Mortgages